View Poll Results: Ever tried Menzerna Polishes?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

148 67.89%
  • No

70 32.11%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    I will forever be a Menzerna virgin. There PR destroyed any hope of ever trying it. And further more, Im just fine without it.

How do you know that you are fine without it if you haven`t tried it? :nixweiss

Also, does the term "cutting off your nose to spite your face" ring a bell?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar752
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention... That`s scary. Do you believe all Menzerna polishes have really durable concealers? Menzerna`s all I use, and I always do IPA wipedowns but what I`m worried about is the IPA not being strong enough to remove the fillers if they are that strong..

-AND-

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    "Durable concealers"? I wouldn`t say that at all. Nothing that a wipe down with IPA wont fix.

Darkstar752- I don`t really know much about Menzerna stuff other than the 106FF filling I`ve observed and my limited experience with whichever 106 version is sold as BlackFire :nixweiss

There was some talk here about "paint swelling" as opposed to conventional filling, but I know absolutely nothing about that myself.

If I were concerned about concealing (and it`d only be related to 106FF), I`d do both IPA and Prep Wash wipedowns.

But IMO you can avoid the whole issue by not trying to get 106FF to do more serious correction than it`s really (IMO) suited for. Get things really, really nice before using any finishing polish and concealing shouldn`t be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Accumulator. I sometimes use it mixed with 85RD to clear up holograms on softer paint, and I would be pretty pissed if holograms just slowly started showing up a couple months later on some of my jobs. Apart from this concealer thing, it is a great polish and easy to work with.

The new P203S is where it`s at though, finishes like 106 but cuts like SIP. Then I follow it up with some 85RD and it leaves a great finish for a 2-step job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzernas newest compound, the POS100 is great :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I regularly use SIP, 106FA and 85rd from their product line. I get excellent results when paired with a flex 3401 and even on a pc. Great polishes IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by porta
    Menzernas newest compound, the POS100 is great :woot2:

What is it comparable to in the Menzerna line? Did it replace one of their other products?

Post Thanks / Like
    What is it comparable to in the Menzerna line? Did it replace one of their other products?

Not a replacement, but it´s have the "new" name - Powergloss

It´s like a updated Powergloss. More cut, easier to handle, less dust and more gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by porta
    Not a replacement, but it´s have the "new" name - Powergloss

It´s like a updated Powergloss. More cut, easier to handle, less dust and more gloss.

Interesting, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you know that you are fine without it if you haven`t tried it? :nixweiss

Also, does the term "cutting off your nose to spite your face" ring a bell?
    Rob, everyone has a gas station, grocery store, or retail outlet they wont shop at for various reasons, don they? LOL

I just wont ever use Menzerna, not even for free. I would really like to try the Megs 105/205 though. Megs sure does get a lot of attention these days.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    When it comes to first rate finish with the most precise fine tuning, Menzerna is the leader of the industry for true accurate finish.

While there are other compounds that will cut better, I still have not found anything that will finish better than Menzerna.

That pretty much says it all.

Well, at least most....

As much as I love Meg`s 105/205 combo, when it comes to putting the absolute finest gloss you can get on a car, it is as Rydawg says... can`t beat Menzerna.

Some of their products can be a PITA to use sometimes, but the results justify the work.

I thought I was getting cars pretty shiny til I looked at some of the `dawg`s work, and he gave me some polishing pointers (I was already using Menz polishes). I was stunned at how much better the gloss got. Rydawg is capable of getting finishes so glossy with Menz polishes that even the best of glazes would add nothing to the gloss.

If you are serious about getting the absolute best gloss you can, invest in some FPII and PO85RD. Then practice, practice, practice. Also read up on the techniques (WHICH ARE ALREADY POSTED HERE... please don`t PM me.. I`m swamped right now with PM`s ) for using them properly. You won`t be disappointed.

Edit: I do feel as Patrick does re: the way certain, um, "things" were handled by Menz, but unfortunately I find myself in the position of lining the pockets of the enemy; I just haven`t been able to find replacements for Menz`s finishing polishes...medium polishes and compounds, yes, but not finishing polishes. Although UF does come close, and it`s easy to use.

As for the concealing... a QD of Hi-Temp Prep Wash followed by QD IPA removes *all* traces of Menz residues/oils/concealers/whatever you want to call it.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Just did a red 350Z with Menzerna and its DEFINITELY being added to the arsenal!
    Obsessive Compulsive Detailing :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used 106FA on my first detail and it really added great gloss. It didn`t hide the swirls I thought it would but the pop if gave off was great!

Now, I bought some PO203 Power Finish. Suppose to cut like SIP AND finish off great. Since my car is black, I`m going to follow up 203 on green light cutting pad with a blue polishing pad.

If only the weather would give me a nice weekend.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh330
    I`ve used 106FA on my first detail and it really added great gloss. It didn`t hide the swirls I thought it would but the pop if gave off was great!

Now, I bought some PO203 Power Finish. Suppose to cut like SIP AND finish off great. Since my car is black, I`m going to follow up 203 on green light cutting pad with a blue polishing pad.

If only the weather would give me a nice weekend.....

Sounds like a plan, check out this car I did with PO203S.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...werfinish.html

Post Thanks / Like
    After being a Megs guy for a while, it always seemed to leave me with desiring something more. I thus purchased SIP, 106FA, and 85RD and I must say I am sold on Menz! I will admit, I have heard good things about the M105/205 combo and would like to give them a try, though.
    Allen M. Kwiatkowski

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Megs 105 is the only compound you will ever need!!!

But Menz SIP, IP and 106FF are hands down the best polishes out there. SIP can correct and leave a great finish. I have tried almost every polish on the market and they all have flows to them. I can always count on Menz to give me a flawless finish. Plus you have to use so little of it.

The price is the only sticky point for me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information