View Poll Results: Ever tried Menzerna Polishes?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

148 67.89%
  • No

70 32.11%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Menzerna since I first got started in paint correction. I don`t remember the last time I didn`t use at least one Menzerna compound/polish during a multi-step correction detail.
    -Jordan

Over the Top Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m new to detailing and used the Menzerna line of products on my Audi. They work flawlessly and really got all of the swirls and holograms out of the paint with little effort! I got great results using the 4 bottle kit from Detailers Domain using LC Pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

In my case, the vehicle in question was done by a *VERY* well-regarded pro who`s a member here. I watched holograms reappear months later while it sat unused in climate-controlled storage (the overlying LSP was still 100%). It was a) completely unexpected, b) surprising how severe the stuff being hidden was, I`m talking a *LOT* of concealing, and c) really amazing to me that the hidden stuff reappeared even though the LSP (476S) was still OK.

Again, I didn`t do the work in question, I don`t use 106FF

Thanks for the input Accumulator - What was the circumstances that you witnessed 106ff filling? I`d imagine that 106ff was used to correct too agressive of defects from the prior step? I personally love 106ff, but I know(and respect) the parameters of its use. It`s basically a stronger version of 85rd which will finish just as great (when used properly of course).
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Thanks for the input Accumulator - What was the circumstances that you witnessed 106ff filling? I`d imagine that 106ff was used to correct too agressive of defects from the prior step? I personally love 106ff, but I know(and respect) the parameters of its use. It`s basically a stronger version of 85rd which will finish just as great (when used properly of course).

Yeah, I figure it was primarily a case of expecting the 106FF to do more aggressive work than it was able. I myself would err on the side of caution and restrict its use for situations where I`d already done most of the real work with something more aggressive.

Here`s what happened in greater detail:

The `04 Yukon XLD (Carbon Metallic) was *awful* when I got it. Prior to applying PPF, my buddy (no point in beating him up publicly, I don`t blame him. PM me if you want specifics) hammered it and then finished up with the 106FF. The overall process was something he had done many times (with no such issues) and that he continued to do. He LSPed with 476S. Looked close to OK by my standards, zero holograms, that`s for sure. I figured I`d live with the residual marring until it needed rewaxed. Note that some light marring was *NOT* concealed, just the holograms.

I stashed it in my shop for months while I drove my soon-to-be-sold beater Blazer. Now and then I pulled the Yukon out into the sun for one reason or another, and while doing this I observed the holograms gradually appearing, after remaining completely concealed for maybe five months or so. By the time I was ready to put it into service after about seven-eight months, the holograms were really obvious and I had to redo the vehicle.

When I went to correct them, I found the 476S was still in great shape; I ended up compromising it because it was interfering with my polishing efforts.

I brought this to my pal`s attention, and he subsequently started doing IPA wipes/etc. whenever he used 106FF. Not sure if he`s still using it or not, but I suspect he has greater respect for the need to keep it in its niche and not ask too much of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes total sense. Thanks for sharing. Before this whole filling thing was brought to light, who would have known?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    To David and all others...Some folks feel I have neglected to get back to them in a timely fashion...if this is the case it is only because I GOT VERY BUSY. If someone needs something as far as knowledge let it be said here ....YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO CALL OR EMAIL ME. I DO NOT have a cell phone because I dont want to be bothered when I am working. If you go to my photo gallery Advancedautopolishing.com you can see the vehicles I have worked on this year. If you goto merchantcircle.com you can see my reveiws. Sorry for anyone who misconstrues my intent on autopia.org. BenLeoneDetailer PS to answer your question.... I like Menzerna products alot I strongly recommended them in one of my FIRST POSTS HERE. Thank-you. Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first joined autopia.org about amonth ago I stated Menzerna is a mainstay in my barrage of products I use the 106FF like a purple color compound. They have several cutting grades, but the others seem to powder more. Some other products I would not be WITHOUT is the product from Zaino called FUSION...it is yellow and a pleasure to use for medium CORRECTION. The other product which has been a mainstay is DRY-WASHNGUARD their newest product is great ...I still always finish with a high temp wax just for added protection. My job is warranteed to bead for 6 months OR I DO IT AGAIN FREE! Ben LeoneDetailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Makes total sense. Thanks for sharing. Before this whole filling thing was brought to light, who would have known?

Yeah, sure took me by surprise and mortified the guy who did the work (oh sheesh...messed up Accumulator`s huge black truck ).

There was a real [stuff]-storm over this issue a while back, with some pretty contentious comments from both sides. I had paid it zero attention at the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. After seeing a new black BMW 1 series corrected by rickrack and rydawg at Unique, I thought I`d give Menzerna products a try on my new Acura TL that had scratches, halograms and whatever else could be wrong in the Crystal Black finish.

I sent away for a bottle of Power Finish and some 85RD, which I applied using a variety of different colored foam pads on a PC. After the car polishing was done and I wiped it down with ISP, the level of gloss and depth was unbelievable, not to mention scratch free and halogram free. I must say it made a believer out of me.

Thank you to everyone out there who shares their experience, photos and all of their different methods with the rest of us who are looking to learn, and certainly admire your accomplishments. It`s already opened a lot of new doors for me. Thanks again...Carmine

Post Thanks / Like
    As I stated elsewhere, I got amazing results with Menzerna products. What I forgot to mention, is that when I bought these products (just recently), I also took the plunge and bought the PC and used it for the very first time on my car from beginning to end. I wouldn`t think of going back to a rotary unless I got a car to do with some "hard-as-nails" clearcoat. Nice thing with the PC, also, is that it doesn`t fling a lot of product all over the car. Lastly, when I got my car looking like it should, I sealed it with Blackfire Wet Diamond sealer (also an amazing product) Just my opinion. Hope I`ve been of some help...Carmine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Yeah, sure took me by surprise and mortified the guy who did the work (oh sheesh...messed up Accumulator`s huge black truck ).

There was a real [stuff]-storm over this issue a while back, with some pretty contentious comments from both sides. I had paid it zero attention at the time.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention... That`s scary. Do you believe all Menzerna polishes have really durable concealers? Menzerna`s all I use, and I always do IPA wipedowns but what I`m worried about is the IPA not being strong enough to remove the fillers if they are that strong.

And paintxpert, stop advertising your business everywhere. It`s ****ing annoying that I have to read through 10 lines of you advertising your business before I get to the 1 line that is an actual response to the thread. Your almost as bad as GoudyL.

Post Thanks / Like
    voted yes - love them and use them regularly. Everything has strengths and weaknesses, so sometimes we`re using Menzerna, sometimes Meg`s, and other times 3M
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar752
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention... That`s scary. Do you believe all Menzerna polishes have really durable concealers? Menzerna`s all I use, and I always do IPA wipedowns but what I`m worried about is the IPA not being strong enough to remove the fillers if they are that strong.

"Durable concealers"? I wouldn`t say that at all. Nothing that a wipe down with IPA wont fix.

Post Thanks / Like
    YES i HAVE USED INTENSIVE POLISH AND FINAL POLISH BOTH HAVE GIVEN ME GREAT RESULTS ON 3 OF THE BLACK CARS I HAVE DONE.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will forever be a Menzerna virgin. There PR destroyed any hope of ever trying it. And further more, Im just fine without it.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information