View Poll Results: What do you think of the fruit scented waxes, QD's etc?

Voters
304. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love the smells, bring on more

225 74.01%
  • I never noticed / don't care

56 18.42%
  • ugg, I have trouble keeping my lunch down

23 7.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    what is with all the fruit scents to the products? At first it seemed like a good thing, a bit of a novelty but after spending a couple hours in a slightly warm and humid garage working with one thing that smells like bubble gum and another that smells like grape jelly and another that smells like strawberries I was ready for the regular subtle smell of chemicals.

What are your thoughts

Post Thanks / Like
    Its okay to a point, who ever made the fragrance for meguairs hot shine should be placed in a closed room and have to smell that stuff all day. It gets 2 you haha
    United States Air Force

Missile Maintenance Technician

Barksdale AFB

2005 SS Silverado

2011 Honda Fury

Hobbyist Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used Tide or All free on my clothes. I tend to buy auto products without added scents. I`m not against fragrances in general, but I`d like to choose. And honestly, some customers might not appreciate the fragrances.

Oddly enough, I did a presentation for a local car club tonight. One of the last questions of the night was, "what fragrances do you use in the car?" Awesome question, but it was so odd to hear.

One of the reason I like Woolite so much (and I said this at the presentation) is because it smells "clean". No strong fragrance, just clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I`m a sucker for nice smelling products. It keeps the spirits up. As long as the chemical is doing its job, I guess have your cake and eat it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. When I get frustrated or something a nice fruity smelling polish can help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I voted "UGG"/#3 but I really don`t care all that much as long as it`s not something that I simply hate. Generally speaking, I kinda prefer "industrial" smelling products that don`t smell like food. Heh heh, I *like* the smell of Collinite

I will say that I`ve deliberately avoided some products that smell like cherry/grape/peanuts because the thought of those scents just turns me off.

But hey...who doesn`t like the smell of FK425?!? And what about the crayons-smell of Meg`s #16. I didn`t even notice that Griot`s Car Wash smells like pineapples until somebody pointed it out to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    We`ve tested many different products and I can honestly say the ones that are scented rate much higher. I was looking to remove all scents from our chemicals a while back and everyone was outraged by it so we left them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    We`ve tested many different products and I can honestly say the ones that are scented rate much higher. I was looking to remove all scents from our chemicals a while back and everyone was outraged by it so we left them.

I really like the scent of DWG, FWIW:clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    nice smelling products can be nice, but not always. i wouldn`t want everything to have a strong sent, and i prefer the mentality behind a product like dodo juice supernatural: no added smell, no added color - just the best stuff for the paint.

i`m not here to say SN is or is not better than other products, i just like that line of thought. i don`t need stuff that smells, just stuff that works the best.

...i`m still waiting for some high end microfiber`s to come out with no dye added- just 100% as soft as can be
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    the DWG is a pretty mild smell (and a good product).

It just got to be too much the other weekend with about 3 or 4 strong smells (DP wheel wax is really strong) one right after the other and I got to thinking that later this summer when it is 90+ and humid those smells are going to be even less fun.

Some of the smells remind me of the old fluoride treatments from the dentist as a kid where they`d ask "do you want bubble gum or strawberry flavored" and they`d smell a bit like those things but taste like something that came off of the bottom of someones shoe. Maybe the younger crowd didn`t have that so they don`t have the association I have with the smells.

Who started the scented product thing? The first one I remember was the initial liquid Zymol kinda smelled like sunscreen or a bit tropical.

I had no idea that so many professional products had such a wide range of smells till I started getting items recommended on here.

"But hey...who doesn`t like the smell of FK425?!? And what about the crayons-smell of Meg`s #16. I didn`t even notice that Griot`s Car Wash smells like pineapples until somebody pointed it out to me!"

don`t have any FK425 to smell and I swore off buying more products this year. Now I have to go home and smell the griots car wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the scents and I especially love the smell of #34. Back when I was a Meguiar`s rep I would joke about how I wear it as perfume. At the hot rod shows, it works pretty well.

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews
    The Car Girl

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the smell of Hyper Dressing, Megs Water Based Dressing, UDW, and Last Touch...which actaully make me think of spring break in Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn Phillips- Ya know...I actually like the scent of every Meguiar`s product I can think of :think: It probably goes back to growing up around the Mirror Glaze stuff when I was a kid, but even the more modern offerings seem to have a "family resemblance" in that regard. Just finished appreciating #80 and the Interior QD.

Did you ever paint the Cadillac or are you still running it in primer? I kinda *like* it just primered myself.

zmanz- See what *you* think the Griot`s Car Wash smells like I dunno...it doesn`t really say "pineapple" to me but it does smell nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailnByDustn
    Its okay to a point, who ever made the fragrance for meguairs hot shine should be placed in a closed room and have to smell that stuff all day. It gets 2 you haha

I forget--is that the stuff that smells like after shave?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by backwoods_lex
    I forget--is that the stuff that smells like after shave?

It`s the car wash in the pro line, #62.

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews
    The Car Girl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information