View Poll Results: Install GenerationDUB's vHoist Car Profile System?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • No Way! (I don't want my profile on other sites)

164 72.89%
  • Oh, Yeah!!! (would be nice to have a central profile)

61 27.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it!
    Supreme Clean Automotive Detailing, LLC

Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I frankly am not to impressed with vhoist.

The search function didn`t work and you cannot organize a list of cars by make, model, year, ect. The idea of non autopian members seeing your profile is a little sketch. I still would love to see a car profile area on autopia, but i`d pass on vhoist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys,

My name is Harry Scanlan - Owner, Developer and Designer of vHoist.com.

I`m actually just visiting some of the sites that have added vHoist to their forums and thought I would drop by here to get some first hand feedback.

As I`ve said before, this product is kind of in a "test" phase that us programmers like to call "Beta" - There has been enough testing to enable a "Public Beta" which means, the data you save on here will be saved for good, and will not be "lost" with future upgrades.

I`m kind of looking for info for improvements that you`d like to see, since you are the guys using it!

The search function didn`t work

Fixed I actually didn`t even know that was broken. Thanks for finding that!

and you cannot organize a list of cars by make, model, year, ect.

Working on this right now actually! Been a strong request for that.

The idea of non autopian members seeing your profile is a little sketch.

This is the perfect example of feedback I like to see! Honest and helpful! It allows me to "add to a list" of features that users want. Maybe allowing a user to mark their profiles as "private" - and only allowed to be viewed on certain forums - is an option that I can add! (if you see me say "We" in any of these posts, it`s actually "Me".. lol)

This is why I have personally taken the time to join as many forums as I can (that time permits) that have signed up and started using vHoist - to get community feedback and make it easier for everyone to use, not only the owners of sites (David , but the users as well.

I`m not here to sway Autopia.org to use or not use vHoist in any which way, but it`s nice to see some feedback from users (both good and bad) so that vHoist.com can be improved. Maybe it`s not the time to have Autopia.org add the vHoist.com plugin to their site, but, the more it`s used on sites like this, the more it will be improved.

There are several "Bugs" that are still being addressed. I`m currently doing this as a one man project (me) - so sometimes the coding goes slow, and bugs take a little longer to fix (The search issue as pointed out). But as time goes on, these bugs will be squashed and we will continue on our way with what will hopefully forum into a large community of cars and forums.

In the mean time, I`m not just a programmer .. but I`m also car enthusiast too. *GASP*.. I "parked" my car on your forum. It`s a 2003 VW GTI, T3/T4 Turbo 1.8L. It goes pretty good, but you can find the details here:

Autopia.org - vHoist - vBulletin Garage

(and for whatever reason you can`t find it above... you can always find it HERE on my personal site)

Don`t laugh too hard at how dirty the engine bay is in some of the pix Blowing engines doesn`t help clean engine bays

Take care, and hope to hear some replies soon. I have thick skin, so if you don`t like something, feel free to speak your mind. All things are taken into consideration, particularly at this stage in the game.

Also, if you are emailing me or contacting me via vHoist.com and its between the hours of 8am and 6pm (EST) - I choose not respond to requests on my work time as I don`t want this interfering with my current job as a Developer at another company. I will respond as soon as I get home however.

Harry Scanlan

Post Thanks / Like
    I was one of the beta testers for Vhoist, and believe me it has come a long way from early development.

Post Thanks / Like
    A common question i read here is in regards to where your profile is available. VHoist gives you the ability to `park` your profile on any vBulletin Forum running the vHoist plugin. vHoist doesnt `park` or place your profile on all forums running vHoist.

You as the user most enter into the forum you wish to add your profile to, go to the vHoist section, click the Add/Edit vHoist button that appears on the top left hand corner of the screen. this will prompt you to log into vHoist. From there you select your car your looking to add or "park" as vHoist calls it to a forum. 5 Tabs will appear above your vehicle`s the last one being the "Park" tab, and will give you the option to add vehicle to which ever site you are logged into. In the case for this site it will say "Add to Autopia.org" . Also your car can be "unparked" or removed from any one or all sites, in the same tab, once it has been parked or added.

Also in the case of multiply vehicles, not all vehicles most be on all sites. for example: Say you own a Porsche 911, Audi RS4, VW R32, and a GSXR 1000. and say you were a member of Autopia, GenerationDub, and germanautoforums

You could would add all 4 vehicles to vHoist. and have:

Porsche 911 Parked in: Autopia & germanautoforums

Audi RS4 Parked in: Autopia & Generationdub

VW R32 Parked in: Generationdub

GSXR 1000: Autopia

Each vechile is individually parked on whichever sites you choose, not all vechicles most be parked on every site your a part of just because they are using vHoist

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no problem with it, I thank it looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I voted "YES" on this project for a couple of reasons. Most Autopians are members of more than one automotive forum (your favorite make/model forum(s) and Autopia). When other communities adopt vHoist, you can pick and choose the cars in your profile you want to park (display in a community). From a car enthusiast point of view, it makes your profiles easier to manage. From a car community point of view, it let more people discover us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for moderating my post David B.

In case anyone missed it, #18.

Post Thanks / Like
    I say yes. Easy to use, seems like it will take off. Nice to see `fresh faces` on forums I may not have otherwise searched out.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    So is it implemented here already? Or will it be a little bit before it`s all ready to go?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XRL
    So is it implemented here already? Or will it be a little bit before it`s all ready to go?

Its up here as a trail i believe. below is a link it can also be found via the "Quick Links" drop down on the tool bar. 4th down "vHoist" Then click the "Add/ Edit vHoist" button top left corner and log into/create an account with vHoist.

Add your Cars/bike/truck with Images and click the "Park" tab that appears at the top. Click "Add to Autpia.org" and everything is complete

Autopia.org - vHoist - vBulletin Garage

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like David is giving it a test run on here so far.

Quick Links -> vHoist

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Detailing World picked up the conversation:

Forum idea - vHoist.... - Detailing World

It might be kind of fun to have a joint gallery with our friends across the pond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Looks like Detailing World picked up the conversation:

Forum idea - vHoist.... - Detailing World

It might be kind of fun to have a joint gallery with our friends across the pond.

that`ll be me then

I think its great, there are plenty of members of Autopia AND DW just for starters. Hope they take it onboard...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpikle
    that`ll be me then

I think its great, there are plenty of members of Autopia AND DW just for starters. Hope they take it onboard...

I think that would be a fun and interesting resource between the two communities. Maybe you can bring it up with the DW leadership?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information