Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMA....allot of new and possibly great products

Quote Originally Posted by colinpd137 View Post
    That looks insane, not something my shop could do (at this point) because of no paint booth but damn.. that is going to take the market by storm.
    Just a couple thoughts I had about this product.

Of course Immortal will probably not be able to be used by mere mortals unless an easy to apply version is formulated.

In the demo vid I just seen earlier, with a brass wire brush and the product self healing, I assume the scratches, none the less masked-hidden after a period are of course still there present in the paint.

I have no idea what "protection" the product offers, and would guess that with such a product one would then have no actual idea what a paint`s "true" condition is in?

Sort of like being a glaze, to then only hide actual damage?

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, I think you misinterpreted what the vid was showing (or I did). I thought it was showing the damage to Immortal healing before our eyes. Granted it seemed like they weren`t using much pressure on the wire brush...I imagine it is pretty easy to go through the (15 micron thick) Immortal and get to the "real" paint, but then I guess the Immortal would fill it back in.

It really does seem to be the answer for wash-induced marring (based on the small amount of info presented). However there are so many question about application, cost, longevity, "feel" that it seems premature to come to any conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Lots of great products at SEMA this year !!!! New polishers and products from Meguiars. The Meguiars paint coat and new pads looks very interesting...
    been waiting for megs to jump into the coating market.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Mark, I think you misinterpreted what the vid was showing (or I did). I thought it was showing the damage to Immortal healing before our eyes. Granted it seemed like they weren`t using much pressure on the wire brush...I imagine it is pretty easy to go through the (15 micron thick) Immortal and get to the "real" paint, but then I guess the Immortal would fill it back in.

It really does seem to be the answer for wash-induced marring (based on the small amount of info presented). However there are so many question about application, cost, longevity, "feel" that it seems premature to come to any conclusions.
    I`m not denying it isn`t pretty cool, and that there may be people that take great interest and desire for such a product. But....

Unsure of the properties, seems like a cross between Jello and Oil. that seems to never fully cure-dry. It is quite unique, no one can argue that.

But I`ll assume we haven`t yet approached "Martian Technology", where like Klatuu`s Spaceship, could withstand a Diamond Drill and a Blowtorch with no effect or damage.

Thus again, this product might appear to "hide" such damage, but to what degree does it protect against such damage?

I`m sure as time passes, we`ll learn more, and as well, there`s always the possibility of such properties being enhanced, or finding their way to some other field with good benefits?

Who knows, maybe one day, such a product might find itself "relabeled", such as Carpro Reload v2015, to be compatible and used over some CQ Coating?

How about CQuartz being 5 times tougher-stronger, and this little spray afterwards, enhanced with both curing properties, and hyper hydrophobic qualities, a few hours time, and we don`t maybe have to touch our vehicles for 8 straight months? That would be grand, huh?

Find itself intermingled into an AIO? Maybe find itself one day able to withstand buckets of anything thrown at it that could ever come its way?

Interesting how such research, and development is occurring! I`m sure it would be a hoot walking into places like Carpro`s plant, and see the folks at work.

Post Thanks / Like

Time for some giveaways for reviews....

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to know what Imortal looks like when wet (hydrophobic?)

Makes me feel like I might be able to get a black car again someday

Definitely a kool technology wonder if its related to the Xpel PPF technology.

Post Thanks / Like

The OPT stuff looks promising, wonder how it plays with Gloss Coat(which btw will be updating my review).

Dr G, good stuff!
    The name`s Chris! Hi! - Chris` Auto Detailing, Pasadena, CA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information