AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Iron X Snow Soap

Anyone been using this product with great results? CarPro Iron X Snow Soap. I`m asking because don`t see many post`s on this product and I`m thinking to get some after my ride is detail to maintain the finish. Anyone?
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Iron X Snow Soap

i only use it when im doing a first time client, it eliminates using IX after washing and before claying. Its a pricey soap and its not recommended for maintenance washes unless the car is coated.
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Post Thanks / Like

I use Iron-X snow soap, but only as a maintence wash after a full Decon has been done with regular Iron-X. The snow soap is less powerful the regular Iron-X so it can clean up minor deposit build up, but isn`t really made to do full decon IMO.

It is also a fairly good cleaning soap as well. It actually works well as your Decon prewash and gets you ready for Iron-X and clay. I have watched it clean paint with sealants and waxes to a water holding squeaky clean surface in one wash. But that was at a strong dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I use Iron-X snow soap, but only as a maintence wash after a full Decon has been done with regular Iron-X. The snow soap is less powerful the regular Iron-X so it can clean up minor deposit build up, but isn`t really made to do full decon IMO.

It is also a fairly good cleaning soap as well. It actually works well as your Decon prewash and gets you ready for Iron-X and clay. I have watched it clean paint with sealants and waxes to a water holding squeaky clean surface in one wash. But that was at a strong dilution.

correct me if im wrong but i remember corey saying if you use IXSF straight, without diluting it. You can get full strength of the Iron removal like you would with regular IX
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psynx View Post
    correct me if im wrong but i remember corey saying if you use IXSF straight, without diluting it. You can get full strength of the Iron removal like you would with regular IX

That may be true. And I did try the "apply soap to wash pad then spread on panel", but I didn`t like it.

I did note that on CarPro-US it is noted you can use it as your Iron removal but you should use Iron-X as your 1st decon.
    • Up to 1:8 - Good iron remover but use regular IX on a "first time car". Above 1:8 it becomes a very weak iron remover, but still a great cleansing shampoo.

Personally I simply like using Iron-X better and I can cover an entire vehicle quickly and not using a lot of product. But the great thing is there are options for what fits each person preferences and scenario.

Thread Information