Thread: Iron X Soap Gel

Post Thanks / Like

Iron X Soap Gel

I don`t see this anywhere at ACC or AG. Has it been replaced with the Paste or Snow Soap??

Edit: Nevermind, I found this: http://www.carpro.uk.com/iron-x-snow-soap-500ml/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Iron X Soap Gel

Next question: I see they recommend regular Iron X for first time decon. I would forsee using an entire spray bottle on one car and that stuff is a little pricey. Is the Iron X Paste a little more economical for the first time decon? I would envision using the snow soap in a foam master a couple times per year after that when I tear down.

Thoughts on this process for tear down:

CG Citrus Wash Red in foam master
    clay
    Iron X Snow Soap in foam master
    polish/seal/lsp

Do I hit either of the foam steps with a mitt while it soaks? Or just foam, let sit 5 mins or so, then rinse?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    I don`t see this anywhere at ACC or AG. Has it been replaced with the Paste or Snow Soap??

IronX Soap Gel = IronX Snow Soap

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    Next question: I see they recommend regular Iron X for first time decon. I would forsee using an entire spray bottle on one car and that stuff is a little pricey. Is the Iron X Paste a little more economical for the first time decon? I would envision using the snow soap in a foam master a couple times per year after that when I tear down.

Thoughts on this process for tear down:

CG Citrus Wash Red in foam master
    clay
    Iron X Snow Soap in foam master
    polish/seal/lsp

Do I hit either of the foam steps with a mitt while it soaks? Or just foam, let sit 5 mins or so, then rinse?

When using regular IronX, I can usually get 3-4 regular cars out of a bottle.

IronX paste might work if you apply it to a sponge and then wipe it onto the surface. I would say that regular IronX is easier and faster for this IMO. IronX paste is great for spot treatment and wheels that need that little extra.

I have used the IronX Snow Soap as well. To get it to "work" froma foam cannon / gun you have to almost use it straight. The best way I have found is to apply it directly to the wash mitt when washing and apply it to the panel. IronX Snow Soap is more of a maintenece product. But suprisingly for me after the first maor decon I have barely needed these products.

Your process loos good. LIke i mentioned earlier I would use regular IronX. If you use IronX before claying it should make the clay process easier as the iron will be greatly reduced. So you clay doesn`t have to do as much work. Or you can use IronX after claying to clean up anythign left over. I have done both. But now I usually use IronX before Clay.

Post Thanks / Like

i use iron x soap only on my first decon of the year in the spring. i will wash with foam cannon let soak then rinse. i usually clay to pick up contaminants then do the iron x soap gel on a sponge. allow to dwell for 5 minutes then rinse. afterwards i continue with my compounding and polishing steps.

Post Thanks / Like

IX Soap is wasted through a foam cannon - you loose more of the activity on the ground. I would recommend it used as a bucket additive and use on a semi-regular basis. Once a month would be more effective at minimising fallout build up.

Thread Information