NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    I`m pretty torn this year. Up till last week it hasn`t been terrible. It got up to 36 or so the week before last and I got both cars pressure washed at the coin op and did a rinseless wash in the garage, which is normally around 40F. This week it`s been in the low teens/single digits and I would even think about wash with how cold it is. With it now getting into the middle of February, is another month of cold enough to warrant buying a heater? This winter hasn`t been that bad?
    FWIW, Anglewax Clarity at 3:1 in 18 degrees will freeze. This stuff needs to go. The bottle says 4:1 is good to -18 degrees.
    Britsdaddy --
    Is your garage all insulated, sheetrocked including ceiling, and an insulated garage door ?
    A smaller heater would only probably be ok if your garage was already airtight in my experiences..

The twin halogen lamps on a rolling stand also give out heat, light things up pretty well, and are perfect for seeing the sides of the vehicle for paint correction, etc..

But I can assure you, having done the garage 5 times now over 5 different houses, it is worth it, if you are going to keep the house, and want to use that now "extra, big room" out there..

And, because it is now all around, and up there insulated, it also acts as a cold and heat insulator for that part of the house it is attached to, if it is attached..
    And each time I did the garage I Did think I was going to keep that house forever.. Oh well...
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Knocked off a few weeks of winter on the truck. Used my new Underwasher to flush out the undercarriage. Cleaned and detailed the engine. Used Griots ceramic soap. Treated the tonneau cover with Wolfstiens protectant.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Finally couldn`t take it anymore and decided to do a decent hand washing instead of the touchless. It was a little cool out, but the sun came out halfway through. Pressure washed what I could underneath as well. Did a quick coat of Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic "coating". I`ve been impressed with this over the counter product. Its held up on the Jeep that`s been in the elements for months now. The truck needs a full detail, but this will have to do for now!

2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love the TWHS line. Nothing like a good hand wash Nizmo. You may want to look into the Underwasher. Love mine. Used it the first time Saturday.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Nizmo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Love the TWHS line. Nothing like a good hand wash Nizmo. You may want to look into the Underwasher. Love mine. Used it the first time Saturday.
    Yea I`ve been meaning to get one, I`ve just had so much going on here at home. Also been pinching pennies as well trying to get into a house off this darn mountain...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes PA DETAILER, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Washed my truck yesterday at the coin op and used the brush. I know I know it’s bad but the paint is old and needs corrected anyways. got home and speed dried with griots pfm. Something is wrong with them as I use a dedicated microfiber wash and they don’t absorb worth a dang. Even ran a load of vinegar to clean the washer and no fabric softener has ever been in it. So I dunno but it takes them being wet a few min to finally start working. Then I put a layer of turtle wax seal and shine on and cleaned the inside windshield and the driver and passenger window inside. Not sure last time I did that but it was gross.

Washed wife’s van tonight same process of brush at coin op. It’ll be ok I promise it’s even more hammered. But dried with pfm and did better but not great. Then a layer of mckees 10 min paint sealant in the paint, glass, bra, wheels. Maybe this weekend I can go crazy in them both.

Def need an undercarriage washing device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    What underwasher did you get? Where at?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Washed my truck yesterday at the coin op and used the brush. I know I know it’s bad but the paint is old and needs corrected anyways. got home and speed dried with griots pfm. Something is wrong with them as I use a dedicated microfiber wash and they don’t absorb worth a dang. Even ran a load of vinegar to clean the washer and no fabric softener has ever been in it. So I dunno but it takes them being wet a few min to finally start working. Then I put a layer of turtle wax seal and shine on and cleaned the inside windshield and the driver and passenger window inside. Not sure last time I did that but it was gross.

Washed wife’s van tonight same process of brush at coin op. It’ll be ok I promise it’s even more hammered. But dried with pfm and did better but not great. Then a layer of mckees 10 min paint sealant in the paint, glass, bra, wheels. Maybe this weekend I can go crazy in them both.

Def need an undercarriage washing device

Do you use a drying aid? That can definitely clog up the PFM’s. Try soaking in a mix of APC and microfiber wash over night. Wash them on hot afterwards. Don’t worry about hot water as tgey don’t work well already so cant do much damage.

I know people say dont wash MF on hot but Griots actuAlly recommends it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mNAPEZXduWI

Next go aroumd try P&S Rags to Riches. Followed their soak and wash instructions and brought some towels that were completely hydrophobic back from the dead.

Likes minerigger liked this post
    Thanks minerigger thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Britsdaddy --
    Is your garage all insulated, sheetrocked including ceiling, and an insulated garage door ?
    A smaller heater would only probably be ok if your garage was already airtight in my experiences..

The twin halogen lamps on a rolling stand also give out heat, light things up pretty well, and are perfect for seeing the sides of the vehicle for paint correction, etc..

But I can assure you, having done the garage 5 times now over 5 different houses, it is worth it, if you are going to keep the house, and want to use that now "extra, big room" out there..

And, because it is now all around, and up there insulated, it also acts as a cold and heat insulator for that part of the house it is attached to, if it is attached..
    And each time I did the garage I Did think I was going to keep that house forever.. Oh well...
    Dan
    It`s partial insulated. I have a feeling that we`re going to going to be in this house for another year or two. I have a single car, and we need a two car garage. That move will be my last one. I do like the idea of rain halogen lights to add not only light but some heat. I`ve switched my work lights to LED since its miserable working with the heat coming off 1000w halogens in close quarters.

Post Thanks / Like

Had the day off. So truck wash time! 50`s and nice out. Used the UNDERWASHER with a pre soak of APC this time. Cleaned my reusable K & N Cabin filter. Went back to my wax shop cherry foam soap in my bucket/foam gun. The GRIOTS ceramic soap protection was still beading just from one use. Finished with TW HS WET WAX. Usual interior clean up/detail.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Nizmo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tacoma got a bath, got some of Ohio salt off, undercarriage wash, wheels/tires, rinse, wash 2 bucket, rinse, dry, topped with PA Cosmic spritz. Truck is coated in ISM. Inside cleaned an vacuumed.
    Likes Oneheadlite, dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Speed round during my lunch break at work - Griot`s Foaming Surface Wash via BOSS foam cannon, Quick once over of wheels w/ Foaming Surface Prep just via 10:1 spray bottle, PW rinse. Car hadn`t been washed in a MN month, so chased it with a Brilliant Finish Rinseless multi-towel wash. Wiped dry with a grey square PFM. Ran out of time, Will hit it after work with a round of the Ceramic Speed Shine. So far all I`ve had time to try that on was the air exchange unit in my utility room at home (looks mint. ).

Yes, it`s safe to say I`m a big Griot`s fan. But it sure does work every time...

Pictures after work when I get a chance to finish.
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, pictures as promised. Here’s a before shot of what happened in the month since the last wash:

So, as mentioned, did my speed wash routine during my lunch break. After work, tried out the Ceramic Speed Shine, treating it like Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and using that Shhh on everything - windows, grill, moulding, door jambs. Overall, very happy with the experience. Easy to use, no issues with wipe off or anything. I can definitely tell it’s due for a proper decon wash when I have time, but I don’t fault the car/LSP for that as it only got a couple washes this winter.

After:

Not bad for a car about to hit it’s 1/4 million mile anniversary. (Also, if you’re ever debating PPF’ing your headlights - do it! Those lights have probably 135 k on them, spend the whole work day in the sun, and still look like the day I put them in. Had a run in with Bambi’s dad in 2015...)

This morning we got rain. My drive to work started with mist and progressed to a proper full rain. Run off for water off the windshield was at about 50mph, but again I’m sure it could be better if the windshield had been polished first, or didn’t have at least 150k on it. Plus note is once I did use the wipers, no streaks or chatter; also no issues with halos from oncoming headlights in the dark.

For folks who are all about them beads, here’s a shot from the parking lot when I got to work-

Overall, I could very easily see the CSS being my new drying aid.
    Likes Mary B, bob m, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Applied Pinnacle Black Label Vinyl and Leather Coating to the full interior - seats, dash, doors, etc. A bit of work, but looks good - for now...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post

Not bad for a car about to hit it’s 1/4 million mile anniversary.

Awesome car! We have the same: a 2006 approaching 170k miles. One of the best cars we`ve owned.
    Cars: bringing people together

Page 418 of 423 FirstFirst ... 318368404405406407408409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423 LastLast

Thread Information