Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

LOL it was cold yesterday 59* in Florida....so I washed my car....then used Blackfire midnight sun ivory carnauba paste wax for the first time..easy on and off..time before this wash I was using..Blackfire sealant...I really couldn`t tell which is better...

Post Thanks / Like

Laying down some graphene

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Coatings=crack, BudgetPlan1, Mary B liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike -
    Looks absolutely Beautiful !!!
    Let us know sometime how it goes, long term..
    Happy New Year !
    Dan F
    Likes The Guz, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have OCD No. Out there in 32 degree weather doing my truck up. LOL. I was lucky. At least the water did not freeze. It was borderline tho. Salt and dirt off again. Now that`s dedication!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    I don`t have OCD No. Out there in 32 degree weather doing my truck up. LOL. I was lucky. At least the water did not freeze. It was borderline tho. Salt and dirt off again. Now that`s dedication!
    You`re a better man than me but my car isn`t that dirty. 34 out here in TN and no thought at all about washing my car today. Besides, there`s basketball and football to watch so that`s my excuse, yeah, that`s it.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Mike -
    Looks absolutely Beautiful !!!
    Let us know sometime how it goes, long term..
    Happy New Year !
    Dan F
    Hey Dan. Happy New Year to you as well.

Thanks for the kind words. The plan is long term on this one. This is my dads car so I see it often and can keep on eye on the coatings performance. I finished coating it today as it was too cold last night and it was taking too long for the coating to flash. I will be re-coating the wheels next weekend with the graphene coating as well since we are going to rotate the wheels.

I will say that this Jade Graphene coating has the same scent as SPS Graphene.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Stokdgs, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It warmed up to almost 50° today so I got to clean up the truck. Didn`t seal it yet, but did get to use Meguiar`s Ceramic Detailer. For a quick detailer I absolutely love the stuff! Adds a little protection so that`s a plus. Windows got cleaned inside and out as well as quickly wiped down the engine bay.

After closer inspection it`s gonna need a good bit of work in the Spring, but that`s the fun in it all!
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes Stokdgs, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

About 30F yesterday. Gave both the cars a rinseless wash. Thankfully the roads haven`t had much salt this year. I gotta find a new heater for the garage soon. My kerosene heater died last winter. I may get another one. I`m also thinking about having a 220v line run so I can put an electric one in. Anyone have another idea?
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After several brutal weeks of winter and dirt & salt buildup, against my better judgement, hit the driveway this afternoon and gave the beast a proper wash. 34 degrees and windy. Not a good idea. Got away with it barley. Water froze slightly on the wheels and lower panels. Sun was out which helped. Got it all dry and called it good.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs, Nizmo, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    About 30F yesterday. Gave both the cars a rinseless wash. Thankfully the roads haven`t had much salt this year. I gotta find a new heater for the garage soon. My kerosene heater died last winter. I may get another one. I`m also thinking about having a 220v line run so I can put an electric one in. Anyone have another idea?
    Britsdaddy

I have a couple of small, electric heaters that rotate back and forth.. They are not expensive, and do not require a 220V line..
    Of course, being small and on the ground, a small heater may take longer, depending on how big the garage is..
    But, if you are working hard out there, you also create some heat and that helps too..
    Good luck with this !
    Dan F
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After several brutal weeks of winter and dirt & salt buildup, against my better judgement, hit the driveway this afternoon and gave the beast a proper wash. 34 degrees and windy. Not a good idea. Got away with it barley. Water froze slightly on the wheels and lower panels. Sun was out which helped. Got it all dry and called it good.
    Dave,
    Do you have a laundry sink or something that has hot and cold water faucet out there, or close by??
    When I lived in the Pacific Northwest and worked all year, washing in freezing weather was only possible if I hooked up to the laundry sink faucet in the mud room, and ran the water almost full blast hot to wash vehicles out there..
    And even then, I had to take breaks and go inside before my fingers went full frostbite..
    Perhaps some long thick rubber gloves that are high enough up your arms so water doesnt get in them??
    Good luck with this !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky, my hose bibb is still completely snowed in at the moment, with more snow coming down. Unfortunately this is the state of my truck at the moment

Yea not your typical picture in here, just the things we gotta deal with around here. Supposed to snow all week... Looks like my bike will be hanging up even longer...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Yea. Is what it is. Fresh coating of snow this morning. I still don`t regret getting off all that crap yesterday.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Nizmo, tom p., Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried the Griot`s Garage PFM towel for the first time this past weekend (got it for Christmas)... It is aptly name, Pure Freakin Magic!
    2022 VW Atlas - White (FK1000P)
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 5.7L - Pretty Much Maroon
    (FK1000P)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Britsdaddy

I have a couple of small, electric heaters that rotate back and forth.. They are not expensive, and do not require a 220V line..
    Of course, being small and on the ground, a small heater may take longer, depending on how big the garage is..
    But, if you are working hard out there, you also create some heat and that helps too..
    Good luck with this !
    Dan F
    I`m pretty torn this year. Up till last week it hasn`t been terrible. It got up to 36 or so the week before last and I got both cars pressure washed at the coin op and did a rinseless wash in the garage, which is normally around 40F. This week it`s been in the low teens/single digits and I would even think about wash with how cold it is. With it now getting into the middle of February, is another month of cold enough to warrant buying a heater? This winter hasn`t been that bad?
    FWIW, Anglewax Clarity at 3:1 in 18 degrees will freeze. This stuff needs to go. The bottle says 4:1 is good to -18 degrees.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 417 of 423 FirstFirst ... 317367403404405406407408409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423 LastLast

Thread Information