Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_1 View Post
    I put a coat of PA high gloss wax on my car.

Your HG Paste looks so liquidy. When did it start getting so wet looking?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Borrowing a page out of The Guz`s playbook:

Perhaps more interesting is some CanCoat that didn`t quite feel right when I picked it up:

Edit: It`s kinda the consistency of lumpy Jello, wobbles about when moved/poked.
    So did you still apply it to the door jambs? I literally did the same last week but my bottle is still good. But trying to use it wherever possible, expecting it to jelly up by winter time. Too bad my neighbors all suck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    So did you still apply it to the door jambs? I literally did the same last week but my bottle is still good. But trying to use it wherever possible, expecting it to jelly up by winter time. Too bad my neighbors all suck.
    I had another good bottle (The Neighbor Bottle) that I used on the door jambs. What did you do detailing wise today?
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Since I don`t have kids, I ordered up a cordless Finisher for Fathers Day. No way to justify it..... a what the heck moment! I`ll think of my father and the cars of his I polished over the years. I`m looking at one of his favorites on my bulletin board now. I ordered chrome wheels for it and this was the day he had them mounted with new tires. He lived in Michigan, 13 hours from me so I`d only see him twice a year and we`d do a "fix" of some sort on his Benz.

I cannot find the photo of him standing next to it on my computer..... here`s a winter picture with him in it going for what would be one of his last rides in it.

IMG_0523.JPG
    Likes BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82, FM737 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Made the car shiny...

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes John U, tom p., dwaleke, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sprayed down with BH autofoam and washed wheels then ran through the spray and pray. Spot cleaned with N-914.

Cleaned and coated tires with McKee’s tire coating

Post Thanks / Like

I finished up a detail of Infinity QX60 - I had done the interior already (for Mom) and today I returned for the polishing (for Dad). There were some school/team magnets that had `glued` themselves to the surface. I was able to remove those with 3M Adhesive Remover and plastic razor blades. I polished with Rupes yellow medium wool and Rupes Keramik combo, and was blown away at how quickly I could remove swirls without a compound. I was even able to remove hazing on the headlights! Thanks to Jason Rose for talking me into trying this at MTE.

Post Thanks / Like

Polished my friends blue hulled boat while standing in the water with my new "Finisher".... we left our phones at the cabin so no photographic proof!

Post Thanks / Like

8225D528-1063-44AE-B330-97399F995FD1.jpegFor 50+ years I’ve detailed my Godmothers car. It’s been a year and the car wash scratches were in need of a polishing out. The “Finisher” with a yellow Uro-Tec pad & Meguiar Ultimate Compound found at a local store took care of those..... yes, my Beast, would have been much faster but the minivan was quite full for the two week road trip.
    Zaino AIO with a Z5 topper finished off the event. Kudos to my new Scangrip multi light!

Post Thanks / Like

I washed 3 of our 4 cars yesterday and for 2 of them I just washed, dried and put away. No Overcoat, no PA Cosmic, no High Gloss...nuthin`.

The first step towards beating your addiction is admitting you have a problem; only then can you take steps to address it.

Naked Cars
    What did you do detailing wise today?-naked.jpg

Just hadda do it...baby steps dontcha know
    What did you do detailing wise today?-naked.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Off with the old, on with the new...

Edit: Temperature outside just hit 96 degrees F, portable garage A/C is losing ground. Nap time, I guess. What did you do detailing wise today?
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Edit: Temperature outside just hit 96 degrees F, portable garage A/C is losing ground. Nap time, I guess. What did you do detailing wise today?
    What was on it? What are you applying?

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve come to believe myself that topping a coating isn’t helping protection.

If my coating is clogged up and i top with OC or cosmic it improves somewhat. Wash with Mckee’s coating prep and boom! Near new performance.

If performance your only need don’t bother topping. I like the prettyness it adds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    What was on it? What are you applying?

SPS Graphene was on it for last 13 months, 14k miles. Putting Kami Miyabi + ISM 2.0 on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I’ve come to believe myself that topping a coating isn’t helping protection.

If my coating is clogged up and i top with OC or cosmic it improves somewhat. Wash with Mckee’s coating prep and boom! Near new performance.

If performance your only need don’t bother topping. I like the prettyness it adds

It`s certainly a topic that has no universal answer, eh? What did you do detailing wise today?

I `think` that toppers/maint products provide some `bling` and any extra protection may be a by-product of that. Lotsa topcoats have things in `em that enhance the visual experience gloss in dry weather, water behavior in rain, maybe slickness.

Perhaps maint products do that to a lesser degree. Mohs and CSL are kinda boring to me both visually and in the wet but put some Cosmic or similar on them and the appearance will change and they generally stay a bit cleaner after rain.

These days I kinda look at it like using a foam cannon:

1. It can`t hurt.
    2. It`s sensationally entertaining to me.

Well, it can kinda hurt the `ol wallet so it`s not totally without its downside What did you do detailing wise today?
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

SPS Graphene was on it for last 13 months, 14k miles. Putting Kami Miyabi + ISM 2.0 on it.It`s certainly a topic that has no universal answer, eh? What did you do detailing wise today?

I `think` that toppers/maint products provide some `bling` and any extra protection may be a by-product of that. Lotsa topcoats have things in `em that enhance the visual experience gloss in dry weather, water behavior in rain, maybe slickness.

Perhaps maint products do that to a lesser degree. Mohs and CSL are kinda boring to me both visually and in the wet but put some Cosmic or similar on them and the appearance will change and they generally stay a bit cleaner after rain.

These days I kinda look at it like using a foam cannon:

1. It can`t hurt.
    2. It`s sensationally entertaining to me.

Well, it can kinda hurt the `ol wallet so it`s not totally without its downside What did you do detailing wise today?
    Even at your extreme “ hobbie”. Cheaper than golf!

Page 413 of 423 FirstFirst ... 313363399400401402403404405406407408409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423 LastLast

Thread Information