Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Thanks for all the info! I know very little about Porsche at this point, relied heavily on other P-car friends for help, info and advice.

Although the torque curve in the 718`s looked to be more appropriate for less than crazy driving, it was suggested by some that the 981 was a truer entry into the `Porsche Experience` and I should be less worried about `paper performance`. Apparently living life at 4k rpm and above is part of that What did you do detailing wise today? ...along with the disdain some folks have for less than 6 cylinders and the associated sound.

It`s quite an impressive package, albeit only about 350 miles in. The PDK is nutty fun without the chore of a clutch and even with the 20mm lower X73 Sport Suspension it rides nice enough and hasnt scraped...yet.

How they carve out that much interior space in a small package is equally impressive. FAR more comfortable for 2 people than the Corvette.

In the garage, seems to have a smaller footprint than her 2016 Civic. Given how this 981 kinda fell into our laps outta left-field, pretty pleased. Maybe that`ll change going forward if it ends up being troublesome mechanically but for a small, nimble and acceptably powerful car that seems to be a better all around useable car than the Vette, maybe got lucky with this one.

And I`ll probably never approach anything beyond being able to use more than 70% of this things capabilities. But I`ll sure have fun trying.

2016 Porsche Cayman S

Exterior:Agate Grey Metallic
    Interior:Standard Interior in Black
    Cayman S
    Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
    20" Carrera Classic Wheels
    Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
    Seat ventilation
    Porsche Dynamic Light System
    Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM
    Power Steering Plus
    SportDesign steering wheel
    Standard Interior in Black
    Agate Grey Metallic
    Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
    Premium Package (Sport Seats, 14-way)
    Infotainment Package with BOSEWhat did you do detailing wise today? Surround Sound System
    X73 Sport Suspension
    Center console trim painted
    Definitely not a stripper, but is close to how I would option a Cayman S, I would only change the interior color for one of the tan options, switch the 20`s out for the 19`s, and choose PASM so that I could upgrade the controller to a better unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Definitely not a stripper, but is close to how I would option a Cayman S, I would only change the interior color for one of the tan options, switch the 20`s out for the 19`s, and choose PASM so that I could upgrade the controller to a better unit.
    Yeah, I found it to be a somewhat unique cfg...lacking PASM. Such is life with pre-owned vehicles. Actually havent bought a used car in 25 years, prefer new despite the financial aspects of depreciation.

If new woulda gone with the interior seating `plus` package or stand alone option for Entry & Drive to get push button start/keyless entry and also woulda gone with the PASM w 10mm drop.

Either way, no regrets. Was planning on dealing with interior items today but will probably end up just driving it instead cuz it`s just so darn fun to motor around in.

Odd that while they have offered Apple CarPlay for a while, I believe Android Auto is still not supported in new models.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

Odd that while they have offered Apple CarPlay for a while, I believe Android Auto is still not supported in new models.
    I wouldn`t worry too much about it, all these two services provide is taking our distraction from lower in the car to closer to the road; minimize the time we take our eyes off the road. The only true way to regain the lost attention is to put the phone away completely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I wouldn`t worry too much about it, all these two services provide is taking our distraction from lower in the car to closer to the road; minimize the time we take our eyes off the road. The only true way to regain the lost attention is to put the phone away completely.
    I like Android Auto primarily for piping Waze navigation to the vehicle screen during longer trips, pretty much the only time I use it. The Cayman has factory Nav so kinda a moot point. To be honest, not sure what else Android Auto does besides that What did you do detailing wise today?

Interesting though...guess Porsche did a study (so they say, who ever `they` are) and found most of their buyers are iPhone folks?

Post Thanks / Like

Experimenting with DLUX on the interior hard plastics of my 2002 Camaro SS.

Door panels are next.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes SWETM, Coleroad, Diner, Marine Clerk liked this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing here, my back and the freaking raining is killing me.....
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do detailing wise today?

Finally worked on my 4 or 5 waxed trim areas. I thought it would be much harder, so I put it off.
    To my surprise McKee`s 37 made very short work of it.
    Practically melted off the wax smears...lovin` it !!

This last one I did hit once more and it was gone.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Likes mc2hill, Diner, SWETM, Marine Clerk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Last evening did a wash detail Tesla Model X, after work gonna do the 3

Today at work: buffing the boss’s boat. Wet sanding some areas before buffing.

No one else here but I’m in good company :laughing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick
    Likes Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did an autumn cleaning on the Ford Focus interior both yesterday and today. With my injuries in the spine this is about how worse I gets on the pain levels. But in away I enjoying to do the interior as when you are done and all is clean and fresh smell of it. It feeling good when you take a sit in it. Must give my cleaner a mention. Ultima Interior Schampo Gel is an awesome interior cleaner in every way you can think of exept 1. It`s not a concentrate and a tick on the expensive side cause of it. When you maintain your own vehicals it`s not so bad but if I where to do detailing for a living I would look for a concentrate in bulk. Every material but the useally you need a special cleaner for like alcantra. Otherwise works really great on a car like this. And can not place the smell but it`s some leather scent in it and something else. It wears off after a week or so.

I have a little left to tomorrow. The Ultima Interior Guard Plus is going to be applyied and the windows is also left. And man the carpet is of a thick and plush material. This makes it to take a lot of time to vacuum them. The more you brush while you vacuum the amount of the finest sand keeps coming up from it. Know that I have neglected this a little and should vacuum it more often. The positive is that it hides the sand and smaller dirt very well LOL. I`m in a badly need of a great extractor as both the cars I maintain has fabric seats. And the dry/wet vacuum is broken so maybe it`s time to get an extractor instead. Will see if I can find a good deal on one that can be used both in the cars and in the household.

This car have been very neglected in some ways before my mom and stepfather bought this for little over 4 years ago. I have taken care of it for almost 3 years now. And have only tried to stop the things that has been damage through neglected care by the previous owner. You work with you have.

After a thorough cleaning with Ultima Interior Schampo Gel.

Next weekend if the weather cooperate with me it`s time for the Kia cee`d SW interior cleaning. Also a wash of both the cars is needed too LOL.

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk
    Likes mc2hill, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Today it was time for the windshield to be deep cleaned and Aquapel applyied on it. A couple of days ago I tried glass polishing with Carpro CeriGlass and their Rayon Glass Polishing Pads on the back window in the hatch. Something you often here in Sweden on gas stations. Is that you have access to paper on rolls and you can imagine what kind of bright ideas many gets with this. Some can be wiping down their paints with it. Often by dripping dripping it wet in the squeeqe bucket that is tap water and some windshield fluid in it. On this car before my stepfather bought it they must have used dry paper sheets and cleaned up the back window with it. And since we have a lot of gravel roads here and it`s a hatchback. You get a lot of gravel dust on the back window. The design it self where a lot of this lands on the wiper blade and you don`t are able to get it wet with at least some windshield fluid on it before it starts to wipe the window clean. Makes a disaster on the wiper blade trail. Combo that with deep scratches in the surrounding glass and that`s what I dealed with. Was trying to get just a little improvement on the scratches but glass is hard and a 3" mini polisher with a 12mm throw is not much and would need a rotary polisher and a lot of more time polishing it. Some improvement on the shallow wiper blade trail was achieved but not more than that. Then I applyied the Aquapel on it and on the front side windows with one Aquapel.

So today and a windshield in better condition I just wanted to get it deep cleaned. Cleaned with glass cleaner and then clayed with synthetic clay block and Sonax Glass Cleaner as the clay lube. Polished with Carpro CeriGlass and their Rayon Glass Polishing Pads. And preped with Angelwax Vision glass cleaner. Applyied the Aquapel on it and done. Was colder today too so the the heater setting on max on the windshield and the electric windshield heater on too. It went fine today too and had the heater on afterwards for some time to get a little more for it to cure faster.

It seems to be coming some raining the next days so will be interesting to see if it was a success or not the application of the Aquapel. Couldn`t resist to be doing some beading and sheeting testing on the hatch window. Seems to work great and I used a little fine mist spray bottle with destilled water in it. The beading got build up nicely and pretty fast gather it together big enough to sheet off the glass great.

Here`s an action picture from the spraying on the water. Think it`s pretty good as it has an lower angle than you think the hatch window.

Now I just need to be finding the time to do my own car LOL. And needs to be protecting them both for the winter and the time runs fast as useally sadly.

Thanks for reading.

/ Tony

Skickat från min SM-T595 via Tapatalk
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So I did change out the grease in my 3" mini polisher 12mm throw. But man what a difference between the quality of materials between my 3" mini polisher and the 21mm longthrow polisher knockoff. With the higher quality going to the 3" polisher. Have had my thought on getting a 15mm longthrow polisher with a higher quality than the 21mm I have now. Will see if I can get a great price on the Rupes 15 MKIII during black friday. Or the same brand that my 3" mini polisher is but the 15mm longthrow polisher as I was impressed with the building quality of it. And have one other 15mm with a 1000W electric motor in it and a very good price for it here in Sweden.

Did test with a 5" backing plate on the 3" mini polisher as it`s basicly the same polisher like a Duetto. But man that didn`t go well LOL. The different counter balance weight does a lot of getting it balanced right. So that didn`t work out as the vibrations got extremly high LOL. But thinking about getting a counter weight from the Duetto copy in the same brand as the 3" mini polisher is. So I have another option of 5" polisher if wanted to. And it`s easy to just remove with 3 screws and switch the counter weight and the backing plate.

Here comes the pictures of how the grease looked from only some full corrections with the 21mm longthrow polisher. Burned grease and the greyish dirt is worned off metall from the gears.

Cleaned up nicely with brake cleaner that`s is very good on desolving grease and oils. But use with caution!

Here`s the 3" mini polisher and looked much nicer and not far from the same use as the 21mm longthrow polisher. You also see the quality difference in the pictures between them. And liked what I saw in the 3" polisher. But cleaned out the oem grease and replaced it with the CRC High Temp Grease. So I know I have a quality grease in it. And it where much less noice levels from it and runned smoothly with the 3" backing plate on LOL.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Good cleaning on the ZR2. And 2 more coats of the BF spray sealant. Getting close here in PA where my driveway washes and details will be a thing of the past. Thanks to colder temps and WINTER.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Ford Edge Ceramic Coating:

- Wash with Wax Shop Cherry Snow Foam
    - Remove all bugs and tar with Stoner Tar Remover
    - Decontaminated with Iron-X
    - Mild Chemical Guys Clay Bar
    - Wheels cleaned with Detail King Chameleon Wheel Cleaner and Iron-X
    - Tires Cleaned with Detail King Tire Cleaner
    - Vehicle polished with Wax Shop Compounds using Rupes Pads and a Rupes Bigfoot & IBrid
    - Coated with Jade 2 Yr Ceramic Coating (Paint, Plastic, Chrome, Wheels)
    - Windows coated with Jade Water Glyde
    - Tires treated with Detail King Laguna Beach Tire Dressing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So did complete the decon and wash yesterday. And when I did go in to get the Sonax Spray & Seal on the shelf. My brain almost melted LOL. S&S then saw Wet Coat and the nice blue of HCW popped out in the back. And I saw Turtle Wax Dry N Shine Rinse Wax that was the last spray on rinse off product I bought. So a perfect time to test it out even if it gets on a short term. As I want to polish and get it preped for the winter with PA Master Sealant. My thoughts about TW Dry N Shine after the pictures.

The weather conditions has been a lot of rain this fall. And it`s been driven a lot since the last wash that was 30 august LOL. The useally brake dust and the heavy road film build up on the side of the car and some bugs as useally. Sonax Spray and Seal works great with the self cleaning ability from it. As the car has looked dirtier than now and I noticed less bugs than it has been on it too.

So it needed a bath badly and it got the awesome prewash foam Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam. Around 1:5 in the foamcannon bottle and then the max chemical output setting on the foamcannon. It`s not the thickest foam but man do it clean and especially when you use the water pressure from the PW to clean with. You really get to see it`s ability.

Then a domestic detailing webshop tar remover and Bilt Hamber Korrosol iron remover which is a notch higher effective than Carpro IronX IMO. Then wash with Tac System Mystic Bubble car soap that leaves nothing behind as in protection and glossenhancers. Left it wet and started from the top and applyied Turtle Wax Dry N Shine Rinse Wax. Worked it in with a mf applicator sponge and PW rinsed off thoroughly. Got the instant extreme water behavior and it`s always amuseing to play with LOL. Sheet rinsed off the most of the water and dried with the Sonax Extreme Super Dry Towel.

So the Turtle Wax Dry N Shine Rinse Wax which is only available in the EU. Is based on the Seal N Shine technology. Didn`t have such a high hope on this product. But got it only because of Jon at The Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube did a little preview of this product during his bigger test of the spray on rinse off products that I looking forward to see when it comes out. Worked as most these kind of products do so no surprise here. Did the off label I always do with spray it on the section with less amount of product and spread it out with a mf applicator sponge and PW rinsed off thoroughly with hitting every part of the paint with the strong water pressure from the PW. Notice it where in the higher range of sheeting the water off. So decided to sheet rinse off the water. Worked very good and whent after the leftover water droplets with the Sonax Extreme Super Dry Towel. And WOW I almost dropped the drying towel so slick was the paint. That`s the highest slickness I`ve got from any LSP I have used with a margin! Very impresive and when you touched the paint which I normaly don`t do it`s just WOW. My stepfather was out and talked while I sheet rinsed it and when I layed out the drying on the roof and it almost slided out of my hands before pulled it against me. I started to guide it on the roof with only holding the drying towel in the widest corners. He asked what was happening and if something was wrong LOL. I gave him the towel and he dried the hood. He got almost the impression I had when he feeled the slickness from the paint. It was like the drying towel was in the air. And the 1 drying towel was enough to dry the whole car. Which had with the sheet rinsing to do. But even when it had some water in it I tested how it where on the hood again. And even with an almost saturated drying towel I feeled no resistance at all when pulling it against me. It was like a Bead Maker moment LOL. And also it left that sharper crispy look from it. That I don`t useally likes on the silver metallic paint. But it has a high gloss in some way that I where satisfied with. The slickness though where the most surprising I have got in a long time. Will see if it works with the self cleaning ability from it which is high rated for me as it can go long between the washes.

Thanks for reading if you got this far LOL. Will be interesting to see how the new SiO2 product line of products from Turtle Wax is going to be. The SNS and for me the DNS they have set their own bar high to get the new products better. Interesting time in the detailing world when the OTC companys and some smaller brands is getting some high performance products out on the market at a low price.

/ Tony

Likes bofh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Got to 55 today. So just got done with a proper driveway wash. Clean. For now.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Page 405 of 423 FirstFirst ... 305355391392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406407408409410411412413414415416417418419 ... LastLast

Thread Information