Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    That is the plan for the spring detail. Unless I go a different route?
    Do you want another bottle go free? I used it once to do my work truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    OMG! Priors looked like a day care on wheels! Looked like a crime scene! What did you do detailing wise today?
    It felt like it, and I`m glad they payed more as it took longer than I said I was gonna do

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Wash down with n-914. Cleaned tires with griots foaming tire cleaner and 303 T&R. Coated with Tac Systems Tire Coat. Going to correct and coat paint soon so haven’t been using anything on paint but Budget was nice enough to send me a bottle of overcoat. Coated hood with it to see how it acts by itself...

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Ford F150 ROUSH

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes Oneheadlite, RaydiantDetail, SWETM, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Chevy Tahoe

2019-Chevy-Tahoe-1.jpg

AMiracleDetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Decon washed the Ford Focus I maintain. Man this tar build up makes me crazy soon LOL. Even with a great product like Carpro TarX it`s not desolved in one go with it. And the second go with another tar remover I needed to aggitate the bigger spots. I think it`s way I can`t wash it regualary that is the problem. So it bonds or dry hard on the paint. But the amount of it is crazy. Sonax Spray and Seal has holding up okay. What is impresive with these spray on rinse off products is how well they holds up on the glass. Except from the windshield that is but there is the abrasions from the wipers which it`s not made to stand up to. And a little problems if you only want it on the glass LOL. Another application with Sonax Spray and Seal and planed to use it on the vertical panels. But it`s so easy to use so got on the whole car. So I applyied on the hood after this the Herrenfarth Sprühglanz SPR Limited Edition. And I noticed right away that this was way more concentrated than the other version I have used. Saw the Focus this morning but with the -10C the frost was covering it lol. The surface got a bit slicker and the depth a little deeper and the gloss on par with Sonax. But it`s need to be cured until the gloss pops. And will see how that went when the freezing temperature and a lot of frost covered it over night. That`s a big benefit with the spray on rinse off products as they cure directly when applyied.

Now it`s raining again and is going to be bad weather at least a week forward. So will see if I can get my own car washed and topped up LOL

/ Tony
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do detailing wise today?

I got my car ready to take to work tonight. WG Uber
    and WG spray wax as a drying aid

Since I’m in an underground garage with limited lighting, I’ve been searching for lights, the past couple years.
    Found some finally !

I picked up the 60w. 100w. and the 150w. LED

The 150w. Was like opening a wall
    and letting in the sunlight !

Before

After

I had to also pickup some L brackets to mount them to my stands.

Also tried some products I hadn’t used in a while.

I put this on the windshield after cleaning with PBs
    I think it’s discontinued ?? Dunno ?

Now I’m going to take some time off work to polish both my Daily and this GQ, since I can actually see and not be half guessing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes Coleroad, SWETM, Diner, Merlin liked this post
    Thanks Coleroad thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post

Since I’m in an underground garage with limited lighting, I’ve been searching for lights, the past couple years.
    Found some finally !

I picked up the 60w. 100w. and the 150w. LED

The 150w. Was like opening a wall and letting in the sunlight !

Before

After

I had to also pickup some L brackets to mount them to my stands.

I like the lights!
    Which ones do you like best 60w, 100w, 150w?
    Where did you get the L brackets?

AMiracleDetailing.com
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Decon washed the Ford Focus I maintain. Man this tar build up makes me crazy soon LOL. Even with a great product like Carpro TarX it`s not desolved in one go with it. And the second go with another tar remover I needed to aggitate the bigger spots. I think it`s way I can`t wash it regualary that is the problem. So it bonds or dry hard on the paint. But the amount of it is crazy. Sonax Spray and Seal has holding up okay. What is impresive with these spray on rinse off products is how well they holds up on the glass. Except from the windshield that is but there is the abrasions from the wipers which it`s not made to stand up to. And a little problems if you only want it on the glass LOL. Another application with Sonax Spray and Seal and planed to use it on the vertical panels. But it`s so easy to use so got on the whole car. So I applyied on the hood after this the Herrenfarth Sprühglanz SPR Limited Edition. And I noticed right away that this was way more concentrated than the other version I have used. Saw the Focus this morning but with the -10C the frost was covering it lol. The surface got a bit slicker and the depth a little deeper and the gloss on par with Sonax. But it`s need to be cured until the gloss pops. And will see how that went when the freezing temperature and a lot of frost covered it over night. That`s a big benefit with the spray on rinse off products as they cure directly when applyied.

Now it`s raining again and is going to be bad weather at least a week forward. So will see if I can get my own car washed and topped up LOL

/ Tony
    Thought I would ad some pictures from the tar mess LOL

Before tar remover I use an alkaline based degreaser that the wash bay has. And it`s strong TFR since the most washes in here is on semi-trucks.

TarX dwelling.

Lower part cleaned off with the PW.

Second application with a product we call Cold Degreaser which basicly is a tar remover. But some of them is made for being able to apply on wet surfaces. And gets like a gel when mixing with the water on the paint.

This is after the wash and Sonax Spray and Seal. I blow dried it with the leafblower after this picture. And the water flyies of great when you have just applyied the LSP.

Tomorrow I`m going to wash my own car. Don`t remember exactly when washed the last time but not as long ago as the Focus. So hope the tar releases easier. And I plan on apply a coat of Herrenfarth Sprühglanz SPR Limited Edition on the whole car. But take the Hydro2 lite with me if the wash takes to long.

Anyone experienced this kind of tar build up during 2-3 months on a protected car?

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk
    Likes Mary B, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I like the lights!
    Which ones do you like best 60w, 100w, 150w?
    Where did you get the L brackets?
    The 150w. was great, just lit the place on fire ! With only 1 running !
    The 100w. came in second, which I put in the rear where there is lighting coming from the garage. I`m thinking of trying 2 - 100w. on one tripod, see how that goes.
    I`m not sure what to do with the 60w. ? I might use it for up close, spot lighting.
    That 6500K is what really made a difference, so crisp and clean.

The L brackets (corner brackets) came from a big box hardware store called Menards here in MN.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you save big money? What did you do detailing wise today?

Likes Civicclutch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hand washed car for first time since October. Coating still hanging on at 21 months, 36k miles.

Took a bit to uncover it and it`s about near the end but still evident.
    Likes SWETM, Coleroad, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Hand washed car for first time since October. Coating still hanging on at 21 months, 36k miles.

Took a bit to uncover it and it`s about near the end but still evident.
    What’s next coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    What’s next coating?

Once the nice weather arrives, Zipang-Miyabi-Zipang.

For my own cars, I dont experiment much, just take what I`ve come to consider `best for me` based on experiences and go with it.

Fleet and co-worker cars are for experimenting/trying new things; it`s all free to them so that`s where I try to figure out what works best for me. Lotsa long-term rolling test panels are quite helpful to decide what ends up on our cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Today was the time for my Kia cee`d SW TD to be washed. Some old method and a new method for me to use. The last wash a month ago. It was not as bad as I thought it would be.

This is what I started with. No pre-rinse done this time and it`s not something I useally do either. As I want the prewash to be applyied on as a dry surface as possible. On this picture you can see some tiny gravel. This is what is used inside of the cities and towns and villages where the speed limits is lower. You can also see the water hangs on the side panels.

So I start with applying BBV Degreaser HD. Which is like a tar remover but can also be applyied on a wet surface. If you have tried a tar remover on wet paint most gets like a milky solution. And this was completly free from tar and protected with Carpro Hydro2 lite a month ago. The tar remover I only apply up to just before the windows on the side panels and the back of the car.

Without rinsing the tar remover off. I apply Bilt Hamber Surfex HD at 1:20 from a Kwazar pump sprayer bottle over the whole car. And yes over the tar remover too. This is to desolve the oily road film that gets on the vehicals and other organic grime. Bilt Hamber Surfex HD is a alkaline based degreaser and an APC. Think they claim that the surfactans is polymers.

You have seen the water how it clings on the side panels. This is before picture of how the beading looks on a month old Hydro2 lite before the wash.

The hood after the Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and just PW it off. I use the water pressure from the PW to clean with. So thoroughly go over the panel from bottom and work my way up with the width the PW nozzle tip has. Revived great I think.

This is the side panel after the tar remover and Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and cleaned with the water pressure from the PW. Some beading and sheeting revived. But also noticeble degraded water behavior. Had the Gyeon Wet Coat last winter and feel like it standed up better than Hydro2 lite has done. And Wet Coat now with 50% longer longevity in their new formula for 2019. I think I will go back to Wet Coat or Sonax Spray and Seal. But very interested how Wet Coat is now so think it`s time to order some of that. And they have another brand there that has a lime scale remover car soap which I will get too. Many like that to get a coating more revived with it in combo with tar remover and iron remover when decon wash the coating.

The old method was the tar remover and apply a TFR degreaser directly over it. And the new method maybe gets many to cringe LOL. I bought a Vikan wash brush and it has a water outlet in the brush too. So a wash pole which you can connect to the garden hose and you get flowing water through the brush. I just have an ordinary pole on mine. And an other shape of the wash bucket with a grit guard that fit in it. Used Carpro Reset car soap and the Vikan wash brush and I rinsed it out very often. No pressure where added and just tried to guide it and 2-3 wipe was only needed as a mf wash mitt does and I got a clean paint. I think it worked great and this brush is very soft bristles brush. So what I could notice I did not marring the paint with it. Will see if I continue to use it. Thinking maybe use it on the roof and on the lower parts of the side panels and the rest with wash mitt and wash pads of mf.

Here is my new brush beside a same Vikan wash brush but wider. Would you use the other one on your car LOL? It`s the wash bay where I am that has that and all of the other brushes was in the same condition. I take my own stuff with me and use their PW and water only.

Finished with a new coat of the Hydro2 lite and dried with the leafblower

The wheels was just cleaned with Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus and PW. The yellowing need a acidic based wheel cleaner to get fully cleaned. So that will be done when it`s time for switch to the summer wheels in about a month.

Thanks for reading if you got through it LOL

/ Tony

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk

Page 393 of 423 FirstFirst ... 293343379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406407 ... LastLast

Thread Information