Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Washed and placed LSP (PA Viking Spritz) on the whole Mazda fleet today #mazdafamily
    Likes trashmanssd, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do detailing wise today?

Washed the work truck. Pressure washer rinse, McKees Xtreme iron remover original formula, IK foam 9 with chemical guys honeydew snow foam and the grey tube, then 2bm wash with Gyeon bath and rinse clean.

Clay with onr and green speedy prep towel. Dried using pfms.

LSP was McKees 10 minute paint sealant.

Sad the truck has 2500 miles and this white paint is hammered.

Sorry no pics, will get in am

Yesterday put Blackfire Sio2 spray sealant in wifes armada.

Tonight put McKees sio2 tire shine on her tires. It’ll look good for a day or so and then I’m sure it’ll look like crap again.

Went and rolled the car ahead and added a 2nd coat. Decided trim was lacking so hit it with WETS. It helped out a lot and I used a lot of product. The trim was thirsty. You can see the before and after of the cowling under the hood. It was all that way.

Interior later this week or weekend.
    IMG_0081.jpgIMG_0082.jpgIMG_0083.jpgIMG_0084.jpgIMG_0085.jpgIMG_0086.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Diner, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Had a full weekend of work which was nice.

Light polish and ceramic coating on a Tesla Model 3. Its full PPF wrapped but saw the car wash regularly so had wash marring since it wasnt a touchless. I used essence and rupes yellow pad. Cleaned up the swirls nicely. Applied two coats of PA Cosmic v2 and topped with Cosmic Spritz.

Completed a maintenance wash on my clients Mustang GT and topped with PA cosmic Spritz. Hes done a great job of maintaining the car. Very minor wash marring.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes fries, Diner, SWETM, Civicclutch, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    What machine did you use to polish? Came out great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Currently using a ryobi battery operated drill with b&s 1" pads and wool dremel bits by hand only cause I dont have a i-brid nano.

Here is the first rim all finished.

Likes SWETM, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looking awesome RaydiantDetail!

A little heads up on the Cosmic v2 coating. To recieve the maximum hardness from the Cosmic v2 coating. You need to use Invicible Primer or Invicible Primer Spritz before coating with Cosmic v2. It has some kind of hardener in it so the coating can bond properly. It`s fine to use without the Invicible Primer but the longevity can be lesser. And don`t see this mentioned in the product description of the Cosmic v2 coating on the websites. So it`s accually a 2 part system to get the most out of it. The Invicible Primer has fine abrasives in it like essence. And if use another finishing polish you have the Invicible Primer Spritz which is just the primer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Looking awesome RaydiantDetail!

A little heads up on the Cosmic v2 coating. To recieve the maximum hardness from the Cosmic v2 coating. You need to use Invicible Primer or Invicible Primer Spritz before coating with Cosmic v2. It has some kind of hardener in it so the coating can bond properly. It`s fine to use without the Invicible Primer but the longevity can be lesser. And don`t see this mentioned in the product description of the Cosmic v2 coating on the websites. So it`s accually a 2 part system to get the most out of it. The Invicible Primer has fine abrasives in it like essence. And if use another finishing polish you have the Invicible Primer Spritz which is just the primer.
    Thanks SWETM! I`ll be maintaining the vehicle so I`ll keep an eye on the durability.

I`ve used Essence as a base layer and applied cosmic v2 over it on a few other cars with no issue yet. I also have an IR lamp I use to cure it so hopefully that helps.

I`m curious what hardners are in primer? I have a small 50ml bottle of invisible primer I`ll use it next time for sure.

I may look into getting primer spritz as well at some point.

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

65 degrees today. That is rare for this time of year. Weather man said you won’t see these temps again for quite a while
    Washed Ridgeline with Optimum Car Wash (prerinse with pressure washer, 2 bucket, final rinse with Pressure washer, dry with Stihl blower
    Chemical Guys VRP on tires and trim
    Washed floor mats
    Vacuumed carpet
    Calling for snow this weekend
    Spring time can’t get here soon enough
    Pics
    It’s not a Mike Lambert reflection but it’s ok by me (2 month old fk1000 reflection

Likes RaydiantDetail, SWETM, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    Currently using a ryobi battery operated drill with b&s 1" pads and wool dremel bits by hand only cause I dont have a i-brid nano.

Here is the first rim all finished.

Check out buff daddy if you want a 1” backing plate to use with a dremel (ryobi also?). They sell pads for them also but you can use any of the 1” pads as it is hook and loop. Not sure but probably even ibrid pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Thanks SWETM! I`ll be maintaining the vehicle so I`ll keep an eye on the durability.

I`ve used Essence as a base layer and applied cosmic v2 over it on a few other cars with no issue yet. I also have an IR lamp I use to cure it so hopefully that helps.

I`m curious what hardners are in primer? I have a small 50ml bottle of invisible primer I`ll use it next time for sure.

I may look into getting primer spritz as well at some point.

For what I have understand you don`t get the 9H pencil hardness of the coating without the use of the Invicible Primer. It can be that the creamy solution of the Cosmic v2 is not possible to have have all the chemicals that is needed to get the chemical magic to happen to reach full effect. But it can also be some of that in essence too. Since it has bonding points for the cquartz coatings in it. I read a little notice in the description on AGO for the use of the Invicible Primer before application of the Cosmic v2 coating. Feel just that it should be more clarify that it`s very important to use the primer for the coating to reach it`s full effect. IR is awesome for businesses to shorten the cure time between coats and when it`s released to the customer. And that Cosmic Spritz reduce the cure time from the 24h to 12h if you don`t have access to an IR.

Yeah test out the Invicible Primer Polish. I have only heard great things about it. A tips that I have heard works great on if you work with light defects as in an AIO would fit in. Is to use the Esclate Lotion with a cutting pad or polishing pad depending on the test spot. Then Invicible Primer Polish on a finishing pad. Will give you great results. Overkill for sure and a cutting step or polishing step with finishing with a finishing pad and Invicible Primer is great too. And you can sometimes go from cutting step with a hazing to polishing pad or finishing pad and Invicible Primer.
    Likes RaydiantDetail, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks RaydiantDetail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

detailed a friend`s new to him 2010 nissan xterra on monday. had to two step a couple panels, but otherwise it was a one step with car pro essence and a lsp with pbl surface coating.
    my new replacement gg6 came in from griot`s garage today. really outstanding customer service and quick turnaround.

What did you do detailing wise today?-img_0281.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro daze...
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty - Race Red
    Essence w/ Flex 3401, CarPro Gloss Pad, B&S Uro-Fiber - Sit about 18hrs
    CarPro Eraser Wipedown
    CarpPro Cquartz UK 3.0 x 2
    CarPro Gliss V2 x 1

All new stuff for me, all extremely enjoyable to use
    Forgot pics but who really needs to see another Race Red work truck? It`s shiny, it`s slick and glossy.
    Fun stuff

Up next: 22ple VXPRO2 w/ Finitura

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    CarPro daze...
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty - Race Red
    Essence w/ Flex 3401, CarPro Gloss Pad, B&S Uro-Fiber - Sit about 18hrs
    CarPro Eraser Wipedown
    CarpPro Cquartz UK 3.0 x 2
    CarPro Gliss V2 x 1

All new stuff for me, all extremely enjoyable to use
    Forgot pics but who really needs to see another Race Red work truck? It`s shiny, it`s slick and glossy.
    Fun stuff

Up next: 22ple VXPRO2 w/ Finitura
    CQUK3 easy to apply? Taking synergy out of it do you prefer to top with cancoat or gliss (hydrophobicity?)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    CQUK3 easy to apply? Taking synergy out of it do you prefer to top with cancoat or gliss (hydrophobicity?)?

It was very `satisfying` to apply, had a substantial feel to it...just enough of a resistance on wipe off to let ya know its the right time to remove, another quick wipe with second, higher GSM towel left a clean, nice finish. Definately that `coated` look and feel. Pretty pleased with it.

As for Gliss, never used before so dont know yet how it will do so cant say v CanCoat but would hope Gliss stands out more like Syncro when it was fresh. Nice slickness. Time will tell.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone wanna help with my insane fun

Likes SWETM, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So badly oxidized that I had to pull out my old rotary and wool pads lol

Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Page 388 of 423 FirstFirst ... 288338374375376377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402 ... LastLast

Thread Information