Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

I have always loved red leather auto interiors. Sharp new ride.
    Likes Stokdgs, jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    I have always loved red leather auto interiors. Sharp new ride.
    Thanks! I`d always liked the look, too, but a BMW or something like that was out of reach. Was in the market for a V6, with the trend of shifting to turbo 4`s leaving me with few options. As soon as I saw the available red interior on this car I knew I had to have one.
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the new TLX, Jrock645 !!!!!!!
    Love the colors !!!! Beautiful !!!!
    You LUCKY !!!!!
    Dan F
    Likes jrock645 liked this post
    Thanks jrock645 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jrock - that blue looks killer. Congrats on the new ride - we want pics when you get it all dialed in!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Brought a new car car home today. Told the dealer to leave the plastic on it. Pulled the plastic off when I got home, heading out again in a bit to get a wipe down and a coat of wax on it and get that interior dressed. Been eyeing one of these for a while now. Wanted red but getting one with the red interior is impossible. And the more I look at it, this car looks REALLY sharp in blue.

What did you do detailing wise today?-e15265a1-8de4-4b4b-8376-73ba8aed07e0.jpegWhat did you do detailing wise today?-345a4a89-79a8-4821-a8b7-616166142e56.jpeg

WOW !!! What an exciting vehicle.
    Congrats !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    Jrock - that blue looks killer. Congrats on the new ride - we want pics when you get it all dialed in!
    Thanks! I was initially was skeptical of blue but this blue is a little different. It grew on me very quickly. It just looks “right” on this car.

I did a quick wipe down and such. Got the interior dressed, did a WW wipedown with Ech2O and put a coat of PA High Gloss on it. Already a couple small scratches in it, bummer. Gotta love soft paint.

Still mulling options for a coating and such. Will definitely post pics and do a write up when I figure out what I wanna do.
    Likes nickclark08, Mary B, SWETM, Jaddie liked this post
    Thanks nickclark08 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great-looking ride, Jeremy!

Did you get rid of your Accord with the awesome custom audio?
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Great-looking ride, Jeremy!

Did you get rid of your Accord with the awesome custom audio?
    Yeah. Yanked all the stuff out of it about a month or so ago. Was easier than I expected considering the length of the install.

Hoping to not do anything this car besides detail it, but I won’t rule out audio upgrades later said, the stock system sounds pretty good, just needs some bass.
    Likes SWETM, Jaddie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ride jrock! Love the blue and red combo. I’m hoping for a blue for my next car. I’m tired of white and gray.

Post Thanks / Like

Did some testing with a new wax for me that I bought a while ago.

It has no claim of longevity but what I have read about as fk1000p and collonite 476s.
    This is the day after application of it. Since this is my sisters car with a blown motor she have let me to play around with it lol. And I`m going to compound and polish soon to test out different products and my new Shinemate EX603 mini polisher will be tested. So I did it simple for me since winter weather in Sweden is still hanging on
    The panel wipe came out and was the only prep work. And the temps was around 38f I let it evaporate after wipe off for 20 minutes. Then I used a cheap foam applicator and very little wax on it and spread it out as thin as possible. Waited for 2 minutes as in normal temps it`s wipe on and put away the applicator and fold the mf towel and wipe it off. It was very easy to apply and wipe off. They recommend to use a damp foam applicator but this worked good also to apply. I thought it would be good for it to be taken the after pictures the day after. So of cause it snowed a little during the night and then raining in the morning. So 1 hour after it`s stopped raining I took this picture.

The biggest reason I bought this synthetic wax was it ability to fill out marring. They recommend to apply heavy when doing this which I did not. As the picture above you see to the cars right over the headlight where I applyied it on. The sheeting was a suprise and the other part of the hood is untreated.

Now to the filling ability. Picture to the left is before any prep work and the picture to the right is the day after application of Bilt Hamber Auto-Balm. I`m impressed with it what do you think?

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk
    Likes Jaddie, Coleroad, MattPersman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Did some testing with a new wax for me that I bought a while ago.

It has no claim of longevity but what I have read about as fk1000p and collonite 476s.
    This is the day after application of it. Since this is my sisters car with a blown motor she have let me to play around with it lol. And I`m going to compound and polish soon to test out different products and my new Shinemate EX603 mini polisher will be tested. So I did it simple for me since winter weather in Sweden is still hanging on
    The panel wipe came out and was the only prep work. And the temps was around 38f I let it evaporate after wipe off for 20 minutes. Then I used a cheap foam applicator and very little wax on it and spread it out as thin as possible. Waited for 2 minutes as in normal temps it`s wipe on and put away the applicator and fold the mf towel and wipe it off. It was very easy to apply and wipe off. They recommend to use a damp foam applicator but this worked good also to apply. I thought it would be good for it to be taken the after pictures the day after. So of cause it snowed a little during the night and then raining in the morning. So 1 hour after it`s stopped raining I took this picture.

The biggest reason I bought this synthetic wax was it ability to fill out marring. They recommend to apply heavy when doing this which I did not. As the picture above you see to the cars right over the headlight where I applyied it on. The sheeting was a suprise and the other part of the hood is untreated.

Now to the filling ability. Picture to the left is before any prep work and the picture to the right is the day after application of Bilt Hamber Auto-Balm. I`m impressed with it what do you think?

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk
    I like it a lot I was going to try the double speed wax from them looks brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Brought a new car car home today. Told the dealer to leave the plastic on it. Pulled the plastic off when I got home, heading out again in a bit to get a wipe down and a coat of wax on it and get that interior dressed. Been eyeing one of these for a while now. Wanted red but getting one with the red interior is impossible. And the more I look at it, this car looks REALLY sharp in blue.

What did you do detailing wise today?-e15265a1-8de4-4b4b-8376-73ba8aed07e0.jpegWhat did you do detailing wise today?-345a4a89-79a8-4821-a8b7-616166142e56.jpeg
    Aspec ? That’s the only way you can get that color correct. I saw one a month ago and was obsessed just not due for another car for 2.5 more years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Aspec ? That’s the only way you can get that color correct. I saw one a month ago and was obsessed just not due for another car for 2.5 more years

Yeah both that shade of blue and the red interior are only available on the ASpec. Started looking at the TLX a year ago and liked the espresso brown color- just didn’t want the usual black or beige interior this time around. But when the new model came out with the ASpec package newly available, I knew that’s what I had to have.

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Got a rinseless wash in on the truck, first one in a couple weeks. It really needs to stop snowing soon. I also took advantage of the St Pats sale and placed an order here for some supplies

Page 355 of 423 FirstFirst ... 255305341342343344345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359360361362363364365366367368369405 ... LastLast

Thread Information