Page 6 of 423 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192056106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

I cleaned my friends PT Cruiser yesterday.... They apparently never wash it. Honestly I was still having a little of a hard time on the rims and I used some Megs APC and CG Diablo Gel. Had to go over them quite a bit since there was so much build up. Used Ultima and a rinsless wash. Took so long I still havent got to polish it out to remove as much scratches as I can. Ill have to finish it up next weekend when we have more time. So these pics are just after a MUCH needed wash and clay session. I did get to polish the hood out just to see what I would be working with. Here are some pics I took.

Word to the wise, dont work out before washing a dirty dirty car... O well though, after being forced to go to a wedding saturday I was happy to clean my friends car while we hung out...

Post Thanks / Like

Had the day off yesterday so decided to try for a second time on a rinseless wash. I stopped by the car wash before I left town a couple days earlier and hosed off the major road grime and car had not been driven before the rinseless. Used DPRW&G last time and not sure I liked it so bought some BFRW on the Black Friday special and gave that a try. Being only my second time using rinseless I used 2BM, 2 MF towels one for first pass and the 2nd towel for the 2nd pass rinsing both between panels. Dried each panel as I went and called it a day when I finished. Today I decided to try out the can of Surf City Garage Carnuba paste wax that I picked up at Walmart. I applied but of course being cold here I had to warm the garage up but with the surface temp of the car being cold it just didn`t want to haze over very well. It is only 12F here outside and it takes a while to get the garage up to around the 60 mark so it didn`t seem to want to fully cure. Stuff left a nice shine and think it would improve with higher temps. I have used SCG this past summer since I had won a sampler of their products, used a little bit of them but gave it away to a woman at work that needed some detailing items for her Mustang. I still am really not sure I like the rinseless wash thing since it seems like it leaves a film behind in places, which is the reason I tried BFRW but got similar results. First time I used 1 MFWW I picked up another and used the 2nd one for final drying pass. Maybe with practice I or it will get better.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    Had the day off yesterday so decided to try for a second time on a rinseless wash. I stopped by the car wash before I left town a couple days earlier and hosed off the major road grime and car had not been driven before the rinseless. Used DPRW&G last time and not sure I liked it so bought some BFRW on the Black Friday special and gave that a try. Being only my second time using rinseless I used 2BM, 2 MF towels one for first pass and the 2nd towel for the 2nd pass rinsing both between panels. Dried each panel as I went and called it a day when I finished. Today I decided to try out the can of Surf City Garage Carnuba paste wax that I picked up at Walmart. I applied but of course being cold here I had to warm the garage up but with the surface temp of the car being cold it just didn`t want to haze over very well. It is only 12F here outside and it takes a while to get the garage up to around the 60 mark so it didn`t seem to want to fully cure. Stuff left a nice shine and think it would improve with higher temps. I have used SCG this past summer since I had won a sampler of their products, used a little bit of them but gave it away to a woman at work that needed some detailing items for her Mustang. I still am really not sure I like the rinseless wash thing since it seems like it leaves a film behind in places, which is the reason I tried BFRW but got similar results. First time I used 1 MFWW I picked up another and used the 2nd one for final drying pass. Maybe with practice I or it will get better.

Dean.
    Have you tried the Garry Dean Method?

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried out a few new products. I tried used Ultima Interior cleaning gel and Interior Guard.

Normally I`ve used DP interior cleaner and 303 or Meg`s QID. I think I like the smell of Ultima gel a little better than DP. It cleaned really well and the interior guard left a nice natural finish. It darkened the black trim a little but it was subtle and not glossy.

Man my truck was dirty

Post Thanks / Like

First and most important. I did all my Christmas shopping in under 2 hours from when I left till when I was home.... WINNER !!!!

I also managed to do a mini detail on my car.
    ONR wash.
    Fresh coat of Werkstat AJ
    BF Metal sealant on wheels
    WG Interior Sealant on all interior
    CG Stripper Scent .... Yum !!!

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

rained last nite so car was wet
    1. BF rinseless wash down with bucket
    2. washed and resprayed with BF waterless using a garden sprayer
    3. dried with waffle weave
    4.sprayed with WG spritz sealant

great gloss...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Showed a coworker how their car would look cleaned up.

Ultima Waterless
    Meguiars Clay
    Meguiars Ult Compound
    WG sealant

Post Thanks / Like

worked on a regular customers van

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Have you tried the Garry Dean Method?
    No I have not. What is the Garry Dean Method? A search didn`t find anything.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    No I have not. What is the Garry Dean Method? A search didn`t find anything.

Dean.
    It`s a modified rinseless. You put a gallon or two of rinseless wash in a bucket. You soak 5 to 10 microfibers in the bucket. Then you use those microfibers one by one like you would a normal rinseless, except when you`re done with the panel and the mf is dirty, you just put it away. Start using the next MF and so on. You use MFs to dry after the wet rinseless MF like normal. It`s a one bucket rinseless

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    It`s a modified rinseless. You put a gallon or two of rinseless wash in a bucket. You soak 5 to 10 microfibers in the bucket. Then you use those microfibers one by one like you would a normal rinseless, except when you`re done with the panel and the mf is dirty, you just put it away. Start using the next MF and so on. You use MFs to dry after the wet rinseless MF like normal. It`s a one bucket rinseless

This is a great idea!......
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday: Decided I was tired of the Cquartz/Reload on the Tiburon. A year of daily driving added its share of RIDS & just plain scratches and, while looking great to "normal" folk, just wasn`t doing it for me anymore. Polished it mostly with Flex 3401 + 5" LC Hybrid White + M205 with some Metabo + 4" LC CCS Black + M205 in tight areas & PCXP + 5" Megs Cutting MF + D300 for deeper stuff. Finish polished/prep`ed with Wolf`s Shine & Seal on Flex 3401 + 5" LC CCS Green. LSP was Wolf`s Hard Body applied with GG6 + 6" LC Flat Blue. Awesome would be an understatement.

Also, the 2013 Estoril Blue BMW 335i showed up for a little WETS on the rubber trim around the windows (prep`ed with OPC & IPA). These areas seem to soak in everything and get mottled looking.

Today: Jambs with CG EcoSmart Waterless plus vacuum and interior wipe down of the Tiburon with UWW+. Will also likely wash the Sonata later.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know if this counts as "detailing" but it involves detailing supplies. I put up a shelf to hold some stuff. Then I got an idea, and put up chain that I had laying around the garage for spray bottles.

For some this is no big deal. But when you only have a narrow single car garage and a lot of detailing chemicals, a pressure washer, mechanics tools, and 4 tubs of microfibers, anything that creatively uses space is awesome.

Now I have more room to buy more stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, I cleaned the interior of my MKZ daily driver...now over 65K miles.

After vacuuming with the Metro, I clean the interior with 1z Cockpit Premium. I used a newly purchased version with a new sprayer (previous version was more than 3 yrs old). It also smelled a little bit differently (better) with a more citrus scent but not as "zesty" as the older one.

I also cleaned the floor matts with CG NONSENsE full strength (said dilute 20:1). I will have to test this more later.

I then applied Blackfire Protectant on the plastics. It is white with a medium consistency and spread very evenly and buffed down well. I apply to applicator then spread.

On the front leather seats, I cleaned then with Four Star Leather Cleaner and applied Leather Masters Protection Cream.

I need to finish up the glass today.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

not really feeling well (all fricken week) but wanted to get outside and do the xterra. mid 40`s. tried megs APC+ mixed 10:1 on the wheels & tires. well, quite impressed. it did a fine and safe job. i might up the mix in the future. but wanted to try it out as my new decitated wheel & tire cleaner. this is going to save $ instead of buying single wheel & tire cleaners.

did the tires again in STONERS aerosol tire shine. (this is winning me over big time)

and finished up with a wipedown of BF POLYMER SPRAY.

for someone who never gets sick, hope i kick this *itch soon!!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Page 6 of 423 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192056106 ... LastLast

Thread Information