Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Just got the car back from the shop for a wheel alignment. Had to after all the suspension work i did on it over the winter.

got it home and gave it a wash. The shop is on a dirt road. So it was even worse than just the dust from sitting all winter. 95% of everything just rinsed right off the paint. I know it`s not a heavy service vehicle, but the coating looked like it was just applied. I really like this the gloss shop ceramic coating. Its cost, ease of use, self cleaning, water shedding are all great.

i was ready to re coat the convertible top with 303 fabric protectant. First spray water on the top. The water was still beading fantastically. So no need to reapply for the near future. The 303 has always lasted longer for me than the Rag top. Plus i hate using aerosols. I just don`t find them user friendly.

so i am all set for a no contact, social distancing, camaro club mountain cruise tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Making someone else happy, is one of the best feelings.
    Likes Nizmo, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Just got the car back from the shop for a wheel alignment. Had to after all the suspension work i did on it over the winter.

got it home and gave it a wash. The shop is on a dirt road. So it was even worse than just the dust from sitting all winter. 95% of everything just rinsed right off the paint. I know it`s not a heavy service vehicle, but the coating looked like it was just applied. I really like this the gloss shop ceramic coating. Its cost, ease of use, self cleaning, water shedding are all great.

i was ready to re coat the convertible top with 303 fabric protectant. First spray water on the top. The water was still beading fantastically. So no need to reapply for the near future. The 303 has always lasted longer for me than the Rag top. Plus i hate using aerosols. I just don`t find them user friendly.

so i am all set for a no contact, social distancing, camaro club mountain cruise tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I tried 303 on an old Z concwrtible I had and it was great. If you want something that’s even better try the Gtechniq Fabric coat.

My car a daily driver and in the winter it see’s a lot of rain. It’s going on a year and the best I would get is 3 months in winter and fall....maybe 5-6 spring and summer. Was looking for once a year application.

Some frozen rain from January.

Rain that was sitting for 3 hours in February.

Give it a try next time you need some more protectant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Didn`t do anything lately for the past few days here in central PA it has been extremely windy and back to a winter feel.

However, as of Monday I am temporarily furloughed so I think the fusion is going to get a full detail soon

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Likes Coleroad, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Didn`t do anything lately for the past few days here in central PA it has been extremely windy and back to a winter feel.

However, as of Monday I am temporarily furloughed so I think the fusion is going to get a full detail soon

winter is back here starting tomorrow through most of next week. Snow, wind below freezing high temperatures. So definitely going to enjoy the cruise today.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Debadged the wife’s ride. The clay barred the thing. Only have front and rear bumpers, grille, headlights and wheels. Then it’s getting compound in the worst way

Post Thanks / Like

Washed my beater DD Equinox today`s with GG Surfave prep and CG strip wash. Tomorrow AM plan to do a QD then seal it with Powerlock, then top that with HD Poxy

Post Thanks / Like

I had. A coat of Gc 3 in 1 sealant and a coat of meg’s ultimate on both Picard already. But it was nice out today soooo I looked on the shelf and saw a bottle of Tw seal and shine and thought I wanted some fresh air. All I can say is wow. Have not used TW in ages and was quite surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally broke in the foam gun and microfiber drying towel I bought

Post Thanks / Like

Finished spot correction then waterless washed the wife’s suburban. I can now start the polishing phase. Going to try a few and see what works best and then hammer it out. Really hoping to be coatings Saturday work shenanigans pending always

Post Thanks / Like

Upgraded the hoses on my inline filter. Good bye little leaks.

Edit**, sorry for the awful photo^^

Likes Coleroad, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do detailing wise today?

Finished with my new car paint detail, put about 15 hrs.
    of polishing into my Malibu. Over a couple days. Plus more to seal, and wax.

My tape skills are improving, can do corners with 1 piece now..

Started with S17 med. polish and Rupes yellow
    ( bottle bites )

Buff Daddy made a small 1”- 2” BP extension for my Mini, I used it everywhere ! Freakin’ loved it !

I was going over areas 2-3 times and checking with this Fenix. Which made me well aware that I needed something more aggressive

I made my way around, to my driver’s side where I finally
    took my time and tried new more aggressive pads.

Adams..I didn’t like these, rough choppy ride, they also feel like cheap carpet.

These Kamikaze Banzai just blew me away !
    Once I got comfortable using them, I could see the swirls leaving, they also finished down. Thinking I’ll replace my Rupes wool with these.

Final polish of course was white Rupes w/ S40

The glass is where I used Griot’s G9, where it was perfect. I could run him reaching one handed as well.

All glass got coated with..

The paint got ...

That blue towel is similar to the Pluffle, but I think it’s better for liquid sealant and wax removal.

After letting her cure a day, I washed her with
    PA foam

A hand wash with Gyeon Essence. Both are excellent upgrades. For me.

The bead shot

Then my topper..

Windows got a topper as well..

She’s so very slick !
    My final shot from this Apt. building, as I am upgrading my living quarters. During a pandemic !
    (With better underground parking lighting )

Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great Mary! You put a lot of work into that.

I HATE taping so much, definitely the worse part of detailing, but a necessary evil.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Super job
    i know you were glad to get it finished

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Mary ! I hope you and yours are all well and safe from this mess outside..

Thank you for the awesome post ! Everything was very well documented, easy to see and read. Great pics !

WOW ! Your ride is Beautiful !!!! You really killed it ! Love that color, the clarity, the gloss - Just Perfect !!!

I`m so proud of you !! You are taping better ! Keep it up ! You can actually pull on the tape a little to "stretch" it when going around a curve or corner, and it will work better.. Just put 1 finger down on the tape to hold it, close to where you are going around something, and gently stretch it around.. I use a single strand to go around each object, window trim, trim line, moonroof molding, etc., so it is very easy to remove it all at once..
    And of course, the thinner the tape, the easier it is to pull and stretch it to go around things..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Mary ! I hope you and yours are all well and safe from this mess outside..

Thank you for the awesome post ! Everything was very well documented, easy to see and read. Great pics !

WOW ! Your ride is Beautiful !!!! You really killed it ! Love that color, the clarity, the gloss - Just Perfect !!!

I`m so proud of you !! You are taping better ! Keep it up ! You can actually pull on the tape a little to "stretch" it when going around a curve or corner, and it will work better.. Just put 1 finger down on the tape to hold it, close to where you are going around something, and gently stretch it around.. I use a single strand to go around each object, window trim, trim line, moonroof molding, etc., so it is very easy to remove it all at once..
    And of course, the thinner the tape, the easier it is to pull and stretch it to go around things..
    Dan F
    What kind of tape do you use? My paperish tape doesnt stretch well

Page 410 of 423 FirstFirst ... 310360396397398399400401402403404405406407408409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423 LastLast

Thread Information