Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Trying out MetalliCut
    How do ya think it did compared to other metal polishes like mothers and such?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    How do ya think it did compared to other metal polishes like mothers and such?
    I haven`t used Mothers in so long that I forget how it is to work with and the results it offered. I do own Optimum`s metal polish, the three different cut level metal polishes from Meguiar`s and Pinnacle Exhaust Brightner.

Pinnacle works on exhaust tips really well and it has the built in protection. It just lacks in cut.

The Meguiar`s range of polishes is nice and the heavy cut is indeed heavy cut and the fine cut is my favorite as it just leaves such a nice finish. Too bad they discontinued it.

Optimum metal polish is ok but it doesn`t have the most cut and it leaves decent layer of protection. I find this to be suited for metal that is in very good shape.

Metallicut has almost as much cut as the Meguiar`s heavy cut but it finishes out better. Long working time and the finish is top notch. I fair to say more gloss than either of the others I mentioned with the exception of Meguiar`s fine cut. But fine cut is not that aggressive but Metallicut seems more versatile. I was wowed after playing around with it on chromes and brushed stainless aluminum. I even used it on the kitchen sink which is brushed aluminum lol. The stainless steel fridge is next. The thing with Metallicut is that it leaves no protection behind so it can be followed up with a wax, sealant or coating. The wipe off requires a little more effort to remove the residue by that I mean more wipes. A wetting agent helps that.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, mc2hill thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Last wash October 22, been a sloppy mess since then in NE Ohio...car was just a white, salty, chalky mess. Ughh...

54 sunny degrees here today so gave it a good wash, finished with Graphene Detailer. FINALLY, a chance to add a little something after a wash...been riding `naked` with SPS Graphene since application back in May.

Rinse, Foam with Gtechniq W4 Citrus foam, rinse, spray both sides from beltline down w Polish Angel Ultrared (because, well..why not?), wash with Reset, air/blow dry (heated air is beneficial in a variety of ways on a chilly day...and not just on car), Graphene Detailer on, uh...everything.

Glass coated with Gtechniq G1...yep. Wheels coated with Kami Stance...yep. Plastic/Trim coated with Kami ISM...yep. Exhaust coated with Gtech G5...yep. Paint coated with SPS Graphene...of course; all surfaces introduced to Graphene Detailer.

Then the sun set, left a very colorful sky which really reflected in interesting ways on the clean, black paint. Kinda just sat there staring for a while...time well spent. What did you do detailing wise today?

SPS Graphene is still takin` care of business...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome results and work!

How long time does it last until it`s usually time to polishing them again?
    Do you clearcoat them sometimes or is the finish too smooth for the paint to bond properly?
    Time wise really depends on how well the owner takes care of them. If they`re diligent about washing, and maintaining them they will last several years. Around here there is a lot of road salt, and gravel so the time frame is shortened. (Which I explain to the customer) The Zephyr Pro 40 is a great aluminum polish. I`ve been using it for years, 15 minutes a wheel every few months or so will keep them shiny.
    I don`t clear coat them, it usually fails rather quickly. There is some wheel specific clear coats on the market, but most of my customers don`t want to go to that expense.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I may be over-simplifying metal polish, but my favorite metal polish is made by some old school type formula - they have the bottle in like 3 cuts (fine, medium, heavy) and HEAVY on the solvents. I LOVE this stuff to death, and hardly grab anything else. I doubt this stuff is made anymore, with all these voc`ish laws

Post Thanks / Like

Since it was near 60 degrees on Christmas day here in NE Ohio, got a chance to wash wifes daily driver. Coated w Miyabi/Zipang always finish with a bit of Overcoat, as I did on Xmas.

Leaving for work the next morning, about 15hrs later, for some reason I decided to go over that w Cosmic Spritz cuz who doesn`t wanna do that at 5am instead of going to work?

When she came home she asked what I did differently as she`s never seen her car glow like it did yesterday. Sometimes I`ll try something a bit new or different, convinced that it did truly make a difference but often ya wonder if it`s all in your head. Just found it kinda reassuring that after doing something a bit different it was very apparent to someone else (aka `a commoner`), enough so that she made specific mention of it. Cool.

I`d always *thought* Cosmic was a bit blingier whereas Overcoat is a bit deeper...guess it really is.
    Likes Scrapyard, SWETM, Coleroad, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I find cosmic to be “blingier” glossier than overcoat also. I do find the depth of overcoat nice. Gonna try that combo next chance I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I find cosmic to be “blingier” glossier than overcoat also. I do find the depth of overcoat nice. Gonna try that combo next chance I get.

Yup, that certainly seems to be the case. The fact that a `end-user` noticed the difference the first time I used Cosmic was reassuring.
    Likes Coatings=crack, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another NE guy here. It was 55F in Buffalo when I got home yesterday. Pulled the hose and PW out and got the wife`s car done. It`s been 6 weeks since its last wash. IGL Premier still holding up well. Hoping the weather holds and I can wash my truck tomorrow.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It has only been ~4K miles, four months, and at least 16 car washes, really surprised to see this amount of fallout. Must be the rather new EBC Red Stuff Pads, worth it.

Likes SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Coated the leather seats in my 99 Grand Prix. The 20 year old leather had held up well.

Cleaned and re-coated the door sill trim

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes SWETM, mc2hill, Scrapyard, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Freaky weather in PA today. 65 degrees!! Gave the truck a much needed bath and interior cleaning. Of course they are calling for rain tonight. Better than snow.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have not been able to wash my Kia since I topped it with PA High Gloss in early december. It has been raining today but at 3pm it stopped for a while. So drag out the Kärcher K7 and fill the 2 buckets. Decided to test out my new Turtle Wax Wash Broom with mf chenille material and extended pole. Also revisit the Angelwax Enigma Ceramic Infused Car Soap which is a great one if you want something extra added from the wash. TW wash pole worked great and where able to aggitate it in an ordinary rinse bucket with grit guard and the grit board. Have a bucket with another kind of grit guard in it designed to be used with wash poles. Feeled slick and had great control with the TW wash pole and the cleaning ability from it where great. My nerve damaged back thanked me LOL.

Of cause it got dark after the wash and started to sprinkle some drops of rain. But since I didn`t see exactly how clean I got the car. I decided to dry it with the leafblower. The performance from PA High Gloss after a prewash with 50/50 Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and the BH Auto-Foam in 1:1 of water in the foamcannon. The chemical mix setting on the foamcannon where in the middle and got that runny foam BH has. Also sprayed on some cold degreaser/ tar remover on the lower side panels and the back of the car. I usually have a lot of tar spots. But now it where the heavy mix of road salt and road film that desolved. So the Gyeon Wet Coat topped with PA High Gloss seems to be getting me an awesome self cleaning ability from it which I`m very satisfied with. Also looked cleaner than the Ford Focus I maintain with about the same time between the washes. Then the Kia cee`d have more mileage on it during this time too. Hopefully we don`t get a long winter and in a month or so being able to wash it again.

No pictures today on the finished results from the wash.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys.
    It’s been awhile, hope everyone is doing well.
    I hope you made it through the holiday season the best you could, and are all happy.

Myself, I had to work straight through, glad it’s over.
    Family get together is February.
    Now, planning on taking some 3 day weekends to Detail.

Got my black 16 Malibu LS all cleaned, ready to polish off any remaining old protection. Get her free from swirls.
    I bought a boat load of higher end products to apply.
    But....While inspecting with a swirl finder light, I realized how tired I am of this lack of any color black.

So..I traded her off, for a 2020 Black cherry metallic Malibu premier.
    It’s top of the line, all the bells and whistles were saying, take me home

Here she is, and all my best products will be going on this beauty.

The wheels are a darker gun metal color, 19” w/ thin rubber.

First up

Found out I must differentiate between the vinyl and leather, or there will be streaking

Fixed it with

A mixture of vinyl,plastics and leather.
    Plus my old wheel cover has to go.

The dash will take some learning, like a rolling computer.

New wheel cover...much better !

Can’t wait to polish her and get some PA products on the paint. No coating, never ever.
    Only the trim, rubber, wheels and glass will get a coating.

Thanks for lookin’

Likes bofh, mc2hill, SWETM, Detailrookie! liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Had my 2 boys outside after Naptime yesterday and noticed some weird dirt marks on the hood of our fusion. Got out my mix of N-914 waterless and cleaned the hood off good, then I decided to finally give the bottle of Beadmaker it had around a try. This stuff really does make the surface slick to all get out!

Likes Mary B, SWETM liked this post

Page 407 of 423 FirstFirst ... 307357393394395396397398399400401402403404405406407408409410411412413414415416417418419420421 ... LastLast

Thread Information