Page 404 of 406 FirstFirst ... 304354390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406 LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 6080
  1. #6046

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    933
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Wow Thanks.
    I am trying to use up some of the products I have (too much stuff), happened to find the bottle of Purple power w/ my Arsenal.

    I`m wondering though, how MS would work for the Trim W/ the bottle of Mckee`s 37 wax removal spray I just found ?
    I have ground in wax on the lower areas. Plus I have 2 or 3 small stiff brushes to try.

    I can`t remember how MS worked on trim, but it does do well on mild tape adhesive. You can always try MS on the plastics, first in an inconspicuous area. One tip with MS, after application (I let it sit on the panel for some time), I buff off. Before application of LSP I will do a IPA wipe to rid the surface of trace MS.
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

  2. #6047

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    So I jumped on the Turtle Wax S&S bandwagon.....temporarily.

    This will be somewhat of a live durability test. I`ll be around for about a month and then I`ll be travelling (truck will stay at my residence) for work for the next 4-6 months. The truck will sit outside 24/7 while I`m here and when I travel. My plan is to do one wash before I leave (maybe 2) and another once I return to see how it holds up. While I`m local, I do plan on taking a couple hour long trips and would like to see how (1) easy the bugs come off or (2) how chemically resistant to PBW Bug Squash it is at full strength. This is my DD so it will get plenty of miles besides those couple of trips.

    I had some Viking Spritz on the truck that was roughly 3-4 months old and fading. This morning I did a full decon wash and polished with PA Master Final Polish II to make sure it was a clean surface. I followed up with a paint prep wipe down and then proceeded with S&S. I`ve read other peoples reviews on how it streaks, so I`d thought I`d get after it like I do with Viking Spritz or High Gloss, 1 towel to spread and 1 to buff. That did little for the streaks, man there was a lot of them! It was also extremely humid today, so I will take that into account. I had some GG Speed Shine, so I ended up wiping down the entire truck with that as well.

    Unfortunately, no pictures and of course as soon as I finish it starts to rain, which isn`t even in the forecast! I`m not sure if there`s a cure time, I didn`t read about one on the bottle but I left it in the garage anyway. I`ll pull it out in the morning and from then on it will stay outside no matter the weather.

  3. #6048

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    Quote Originally Posted by WashRinseRepeat View Post
    So I jumped on the Turtle Wax S&S bandwagon.....temporarily.

    This will be somewhat of a live durability test. I`ll be around for about a month and then I`ll be travelling (truck will stay at my residence) for work for the next 4-6 months. The truck will sit outside 24/7 while I`m here and when I travel. My plan is to do one wash before I leave (maybe 2) and another once I return to see how it holds up. While I`m local, I do plan on taking a couple hour long trips and would like to see how (1) easy the bugs come off or (2) how chemically resistant to PBW Bug Squash it is at full strength. This is my DD so it will get plenty of miles besides those couple of trips.

    I had some Viking Spritz on the truck that was roughly 3-4 months old and fading. This morning I did a full decon wash and polished with PA Master Final Polish II to make sure it was a clean surface. I followed up with a paint prep wipe down and then proceeded with S&S. I`ve read other peoples reviews on how it streaks, so I`d thought I`d get after it like I do with Viking Spritz or High Gloss, 1 towel to spread and 1 to buff. That did little for the streaks, man there was a lot of them! It was also extremely humid today, so I will take that into account. I had some GG Speed Shine, so I ended up wiping down the entire truck with that as well.

    Unfortunately, no pictures and of course as soon as I finish it starts to rain, which isn`t even in the forecast! I`m not sure if there`s a cure time, I didn`t read about one on the bottle but I left it in the garage anyway. I`ll pull it out in the morning and from then on it will stay outside no matter the weather.
    Snapped a picture this morning before church. Some of you will notice the tires. I did not touch them but will clean them up before I leave.

    As far as gloss goes, I can`t really tell a difference one way or the other. Looks the same as it did after polishing.

    Also, I can`t remember if anyone talked about how slick this stuff is, the paint feels super slick!

    And lastly, I forgot to mention the smell. It`s hard to explain, I don`t even know what to think about it.


    Weather for the next 10 days

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post

  4. #6049
    Mary B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Burnsville Mn.
    Posts
    1,450
    Post Thanks / Like

    What did you do detailing wise today?

    Finished collecting my wash bay set up, went down to try out some of the new products.

    Here is the cart setup I’ll be calling my Wash bay.


    Ryobi battery op. Vac. , Flexzilla lighted cord. 14/25.



    Ryobi PW. , battery op. Blower.



    Flexzilla PW. Hoses, Big Boi Mini.



    Even my Note9 was rockin’ a matching sport coat.




    Went to the underground garage and got lazy... ended up
    using a hose and foam gun, something to be said for the simplicity of a foam gun.




    Did use the Big boi Mini



    Did make a small mod. to the handle, added a foam grip.
    Glad of it, because this little guy warms up !



    He was rolling over cords and hoses, just bouncing along. Yet never tipping over.



    I did get him stuck under the car.. a bit.



    The Ryobi battery vac.









    Fantastic suction, 1 battery 4 front mats and 4 front seats.


    Thanks for lookin’



  5. #6050
    SUPER MODERATOR GearHead_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    10,432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    You’ve definitely got it down.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Mary B liked this post

  6. #6051
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    First thoughts were to PPF the whole thing but after washing the `new to us` car for the first time, 12k miles have left some small chips/marks on hood, may as well just coat it myself and ride with that for a bit.

    I think I`m gonna enjoy a `less than perfect` used car, especially a non-black one. Far less mental anguish. Maybe time to own a car as opposed to it owning me.

    Likes SWETM, Mary B, SNP209, Diner liked this post

  7. #6052
    atgonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    Looking forward to future posts with your new car, nicely done, Budget
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com


    Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

  8. #6053
    T-man143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    Budget sweet looking ride.So what is the flavor gonna be on this one.
    Likes Mary B, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  9. #6054
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    Quote Originally Posted by T-man143 View Post
    Budget sweet looking ride.So what is the flavor gonna be on this one.
    Was pondering some Polish Angel, but likely the Zipang-Miyabi combo.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

  10. #6055

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Was pondering some Polish Angel, but likely the Zipang-Miyabi combo.
    Congrats to your new car Budgetplan!

    You will make it look awesome! Maybe some rock chips fixing on the surgical level LOL. Don`t know which part of the series but Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube did a serie on a Mercedes-Benz correction. In the first or second part he did some rock chips filling and painting and leveling. Think it looked like a thorough method he was doing. Then it`s not going to be perfect but maybe get it to look good. Or you maybe have a repaint in mind later on?

    Is it your nice weather car or is it the new DD?

    / Tony
    Likes Mary B, Binkley2001 liked this post
    Thanks Binkley2001 thanked for this post

  11. #6056

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    933
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Binkley2001 View Post
    Thanks, it really is a neat little machine. Surprisingly roomy for both passenger & driver, definately something suitable for long haul trips. I hope it becomes a second `fun car` in the household, readily avaliable for use if that style fits your fancy on any given day. I take the Vette, she takes the Cayman and vice versa, everybody has something fun to drive each day.

    While it will be put away November thru April, since it`s not brand new, less worry about `road incidents` so will be driven more than just on `good` days, so kinda half-way between daily driver and weekend-only/fair weather only car.

    The paint is overall in excellent condition but pulling out the Scangrip, you can find some evidence of the 12k miles on it, not all of which can be polished out. Nice thing is, with the gray metallic it`s very, very hard to find these spots. Fixed up a few with Flex, GG Correcting cream, Urofiber pad yesterday to see how the paint would be, pretty easy to work with. Dropped some Overcoat on it and gonna let in ride for a week or 2 to see what else I see in a variety of light situations; sometimes stuff I dont see when I`m looking for it is easily noticed when I`m just walking past the car on a sunny day. Then I`ll decide what to do.

    Probably down to two choices, the full Kamikaze deal or Polish Angel Primer + Cosmic Spraycoat + High Gloss Paste Wax. The Polish Angel route, while less robust than Kami, would be easier to apply (and reapply in the event of scratch needing fixing down the road) so that has some appeal benefits.

    While the PPF on the Vette is a great way to go in that situation, with the more forgivable gray paint that already has a few flaws on this car, just not sure its worth the investment. I`d probably worry more about the car if I sunk that kinda money into it. I don`t wanna worry so much about this car, I just wanna drive it.

    This car may actually be a keeper; fun as heck to drive, comfortable, great sounds outta the exhaust, nice appealing and somewhat forgiving paint color...and hopefully a relatively` trouble-free ownership experience. I guess I like smaller, lighter, more go-cart-ish cars as opposed to larger, louder things.

    One of my favorites was my 2016 Subie WRX that grew old quickly...fun as heck but not all that comfortable and felt somewhat `sparse` as time went on. This thing is kinda like that on steroids with a bit if comfort and convenience thrown in.

    Probably not gonna fix the small chips now, so hard to see than ya have to be looking and I think having a less than 110% perfect car us actually gonna make it more enjoyable overall.

    Or, the whole thing ends up as yet another item`on my list of `Things that seemed like a good idea at the time`. Only time will tell, I guess.
    Touch-ups and PPF will actually go a long way in hiding mileage on that front bumper.

  12. #6057
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Congrats to your new car Budgetplan!

    You will make it look awesome! Maybe some rock chips fixing on the surgical level LOL. Don`t know which part of the series but Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube did a serie on a Mercedes-Benz correction. In the first or second part he did some rock chips filling and painting and leveling. Think it looked like a thorough method he was doing. Then it`s not going to be perfect but maybe get it to look good. Or you maybe have a repaint in mind later on?

    Is it your nice weather car or is it the new DD?

    / Tony
    Thanks, it really is a neat little machine. Surprisingly roomy for both passenger & driver, definately something suitable for long haul trips. I hope it becomes a second `fun car` in the household, readily avaliable for use if that style fits your fancy on any given day. I take the Vette, she takes the Cayman and vice versa, everybody has something fun to drive on any given day.

    While it will be put away November thru April, since it`s not brand new, less worry about `road incidents` so will be driven more than just on `good` days, so kinda half-way between daily driver and weekend-only/fair weather only car.

    The paint is overall in excellent condition but pulling out the Scangrip, you can find some evidence of the 12k miles on it, not all of which can be polished out. Nice thing is, with the gray metallic it`s very, very hard to find these spots. Fixed up a few with Flex, GG Correcting cream, Urofiber pad yesterday to see how the paint would be, pretty easy to work with. Dropped some Overcoat on it and gonna let in ride for a week or 2 to see what else I see in a variety of light situations; sometimes stuff I dont see when I`m looking for it is easily noticed when I`m just walking past the car on a sunny day. Then I`ll decide what to do.

    Probably down to two choices, the full Kamikaze deal or Polish Angel Primer + Cosmic Spraycoat + High Gloss Paste Wax. The Polish Angel route, while less robust than Kami, would be easier to apply (and reapply in the event of scratch needing fixing down the road) so that has some appeal benefits.

    While the PPF on the Vette is a great way to go in that situation, with the more forgivable gray paint that already has a few flaws on this car, just not sure its worth the investment. I`d probably worry more about the car if I sunk that kinda money into it. I don`t wanna worry so much about this car, I just wanna drive it.

    This car may actually be a keeper; fun as heck to drive, comfortable, great sounds outta the exhaust, nice appealing and somewhat forgiving paint color...and hopefully a relatively` trouble-free ownership experience. I guess I like smaller, lighter, more go-cart-ish cars as opposed to larger, louder things.

    One of my favorites was my 2016 Subie WRX that grew old quickly...fun as heck but not all that comfortable and felt somewhat `sparse` as time went on. This thing is kinda like that on steroids with a bit if comfort and convenience thrown in.

    Probably not gonna fix the small chips now, so hard to see than ya have to be looking and I think having a less than 110% perfect car us actually gonna make it more enjoyable overall.

    Or, the whole thing ends up as yet another item` in my list of `Things that seemed like a good idea at the time`. Only time will tell, I guess.

    Didn`t really plan on buying this car, went to the dealer to begin looking for info/start planning for ordering a new one (which apparently I couldn`t do right now as the Porsche production/a location system is quite, uh, interesting) for delivery around this time next year. This thing just showed up a few days prior as a lease return, was the `preferred` choice among many folks due to chassis and motor (3.4L NA Flat 6) vs new gen (2.5L Turbo Flat-4), 13k miles and 2.5 years left on factory/CPO warranty at a OTD price about $35k less than new woulda been...if I coulda even ordered new in Q1/Q2 2020.

    To a neophyte like me, Porsche is a bit confusing w their model alterations/designations (the new 718 is also referred to as 982, the 981.1 and 981.2 designations for different versions of same gen car) so it`ll be interesting delving more into that. End of the day, fun and interesting stuff.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

  13. #6058
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Touch-ups and PPF will actually go a long way in hiding mileage on that front bumper.
    I`m also a bit wary of throwing large amounts of money into my latest `this will be a fun car for me` escapade. I either get bored/tired with it for a variety of reasons (2008 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru WRX) or grow weary of the inconveniences of the 4 cars, 2 car garage lifestyle (2013 Mustang GT).

    The Vette I *know* is a long term keeper so PPF`g that was a no-brainer...not so much for things I find entertaining at first.

    Also, this could be a step to something more should the general format/function play out well in the long haul. The Boxster/Cayman line is kinda the entry-level into the P-car world some say and they have some very nice GT cars that might generate my interest, had a nice one at dealer as well:



    Dunno, I just seem more relaxed and will possibly enjoy the car more as I`m not so worried about keeping it perfect...and my `less than perfect` is still pretty near the average person`s `flawless`. And not having black paint is already such an enjoyable adventure only 3 days in...
    Likes SWETM liked this post

  14. #6059

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    933
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I`m also a bit wary of throwing large amounts of money into my latest `this will be a fun car for me` escapade. I either get bored/tired with it for a variety of reasons (2008 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru WRX) or grow weary of the inconveniences of the 4 cars, 2 car garage lifestyle (2013 Mustang GT).

    The Vette I *know* is a long term keeper so PPF`g that was a no-brainer...not so much for things I find entertaining at first.

    Also, this could be a step to something more should the general format/function play out well in the long haul. The Boxster/Cayman line is kinda the entry-level into the P-car world some say and they have some very nice GT cars that might generate my interest, had a nice one at dealer as well:



    Dunno, I just seem more relaxed and will possibly enjoy the car more as I`m not so worried about keeping it perfect...and my `less than perfect` is still pretty near the average person`s `flawless`. And not having black paint is already such an enjoyable adventure only 3 days in...
    1. I understand the logic.
    2. The Boxster/Cayman may be the entry level P-car, but the Cayman is the better chassis. How does one know this? There is evidence everywhere, guys in Caymans, with just suspension mods, are able to keep up with GT3`s in the corners. The new 718 Cayman uses GT3 suspension architecture at the front AND the rear, lets just hope that Porsche has fixed the failing strut towers. With the new 718 using GT3 architecture, it and the current RSR and last iteration of the RSR running mid engine, Porsche has realized performance limitations of rear engine, and it begs the question of how similar the current RSR and the 718 Cayman GT4 are. But back to regular programming, that Cayman that you have is one heck of a car, with minor upgrades like tires, pads, and fluids, you easily have a car that you may not be able to extract 110% out of. Now if you want a GT car for the sake of owning a GT car, that`s a different story.
    Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  15. #6060
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    1. I understand the logic.
    2. The Boxster/Cayman may be the entry level P-car, but the Cayman is the better chassis. How does one know this? There is evidence everywhere, guys in Caymans, with just suspension mods, are able to keep up with GT3`s in the corners. The new 718 Cayman uses GT3 suspension architecture at the front AND the rear, lets just hope that Porsche has fixed the failing strut towers. With the new 718 using GT3 architecture, it and the current RSR and last iteration of the RSR running mid engine, Porsche has realized performance limitations of rear engine, and it begs the question of how similar the current RSR and the 718 Cayman GT4 are. But back to regular programming, that Cayman that you have is one heck of a car, with minor upgrades like tires, pads, and fluids, you easily have a car that you may not be able to extract 110% out of. Now if you want a GT car for the sake of owning a GT car, that`s a different story.
    Thanks for all the info! I know very little about Porsche at this point, relied heavily on other P-car friends for help, info and advice.

    Although the torque curve in the 718`s looked to be more appropriate for less than crazy driving, it was suggested by some that the 981 was a truer entry into the `Porsche Experience` and I should be less worried about `paper performance`. Apparently living life at 4k rpm and above is part of that ...along with the disdain some folks have for less than 6 cylinders and the associated sound.

    It`s quite an impressive package, albeit only about 350 miles in. The PDK is nutty fun without the chore of a clutch and even with the 20mm lower X73 Sport Suspension it rides nice enough and hasnt scraped...yet.

    How they carve out that much interior space in a small package is equally impressive. FAR more comfortable for 2 people than the Corvette.

    In the garage, seems to have a smaller footprint than her 2016 Civic. Given how this 981 kinda fell into our laps outta left-field, pretty pleased. Maybe that`ll change going forward if it ends up being troublesome mechanically but for a small, nimble and acceptably powerful car that seems to be a better all around useable car than the Vette, maybe got lucky with this one.

    And I`ll probably never approach anything beyond being able to use more than 70% of this things capabilities. But I`ll sure have fun trying.



    2016 Porsche Cayman S

    Exterior:Agate Grey Metallic
    Interior:Standard Interior in Black
    Cayman S
    Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
    20" Carrera Classic Wheels
    Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
    Seat ventilation
    Porsche Dynamic Light System
    Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM
    Power Steering Plus
    SportDesign steering wheel
    Standard Interior in Black
    Agate Grey Metallic
    Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
    Premium Package (Sport Seats, 14-way)
    Infotainment Package with BOSE Surround Sound System
    X73 Sport Suspension
    Center console trim painted
    Likes SWETM liked this post

 

 
Page 404 of 406 FirstFirst ... 304354390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. EX-P vs. UPP (looks-wise)
    By maecrispy in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2005, 12:14 PM
  2. Is it wise to top AIO+4*UPP with a wax
    By mystickid in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 05:10 PM
  3. would it be wise to..
    By noxen in forum Professional Detailer General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 07:46 PM
  4. Thanks to all the wise men
    By kermada in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-09-2003, 12:12 AM
  5. Wise Car Show
    By medic159 in forum Car Show & Concours
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2003, 06:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •