Page 404 of 404 FirstFirst ... 304354390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404
Results 6,046 to 6,048 of 6048

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Wow Thanks.
    I am trying to use up some of the products I have (too much stuff), happened to find the bottle of Purple power w/ my Arsenal.

I`m wondering though, how MS would work for the Trim W/ the bottle of Mckee`s 37 wax removal spray I just found ?
    I have ground in wax on the lower areas. Plus I have 2 or 3 small stiff brushes to try.

I can`t remember how MS worked on trim, but it does do well on mild tape adhesive. You can always try MS on the plastics, first in an inconspicuous area. One tip with MS, after application (I let it sit on the panel for some time), I buff off. Before application of LSP I will do a IPA wipe to rid the surface of trace MS.
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So I jumped on the Turtle Wax S&S bandwagon.....temporarily.

This will be somewhat of a live durability test. I`ll be around for about a month and then I`ll be travelling (truck will stay at my residence) for work for the next 4-6 months. The truck will sit outside 24/7 while I`m here and when I travel. My plan is to do one wash before I leave (maybe 2) and another once I return to see how it holds up. While I`m local, I do plan on taking a couple hour long trips and would like to see how (1) easy the bugs come off or (2) how chemically resistant to PBW Bug Squash it is at full strength. This is my DD so it will get plenty of miles besides those couple of trips.

I had some Viking Spritz on the truck that was roughly 3-4 months old and fading. This morning I did a full decon wash and polished with PA Master Final Polish II to make sure it was a clean surface. I followed up with a paint prep wipe down and then proceeded with S&S. I`ve read other peoples reviews on how it streaks, so I`d thought I`d get after it like I do with Viking Spritz or High Gloss, 1 towel to spread and 1 to buff. That did little for the streaks, man there was a lot of them! It was also extremely humid today, so I will take that into account. I had some GG Speed Shine, so I ended up wiping down the entire truck with that as well.

Unfortunately, no pictures and of course as soon as I finish it starts to rain, which isn`t even in the forecast! I`m not sure if there`s a cure time, I didn`t read about one on the bottle but I left it in the garage anyway. I`ll pull it out in the morning and from then on it will stay outside no matter the weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WashRinseRepeat View Post
    So I jumped on the Turtle Wax S&S bandwagon.....temporarily.

This will be somewhat of a live durability test. I`ll be around for about a month and then I`ll be travelling (truck will stay at my residence) for work for the next 4-6 months. The truck will sit outside 24/7 while I`m here and when I travel. My plan is to do one wash before I leave (maybe 2) and another once I return to see how it holds up. While I`m local, I do plan on taking a couple hour long trips and would like to see how (1) easy the bugs come off or (2) how chemically resistant to PBW Bug Squash it is at full strength. This is my DD so it will get plenty of miles besides those couple of trips.

I had some Viking Spritz on the truck that was roughly 3-4 months old and fading. This morning I did a full decon wash and polished with PA Master Final Polish II to make sure it was a clean surface. I followed up with a paint prep wipe down and then proceeded with S&S. I`ve read other peoples reviews on how it streaks, so I`d thought I`d get after it like I do with Viking Spritz or High Gloss, 1 towel to spread and 1 to buff. That did little for the streaks, man there was a lot of them! It was also extremely humid today, so I will take that into account. I had some GG Speed Shine, so I ended up wiping down the entire truck with that as well.

Unfortunately, no pictures and of course as soon as I finish it starts to rain, which isn`t even in the forecast! I`m not sure if there`s a cure time, I didn`t read about one on the bottle but I left it in the garage anyway. I`ll pull it out in the morning and from then on it will stay outside no matter the weather.
    Snapped a picture this morning before church. Some of you will notice the tires. I did not touch them but will clean them up before I leave.

As far as gloss goes, I can`t really tell a difference one way or the other. Looks the same as it did after polishing.

Also, I can`t remember if anyone talked about how slick this stuff is, the paint feels super slick!

And lastly, I forgot to mention the smell. It`s hard to explain, I don`t even know what to think about it.

Weather for the next 10 days

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 404 of 404 FirstFirst ... 304354390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404

Thread Information