Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Tried black fire wax remover...... meh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try using a brush with stiffer bristles, like a tooth brush.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wheels & Tires
    Likes minerigger, SWETM, Mary B, The Driver, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    I thought about the warranty, and opened it either way. I`m glad I did the gear wasn`t touching grease, barely had to clean it. The front grip was difficult to get off, had to marr the body to pry it off. There went the warranty ;}

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    You should shoot a video and post it here. I’ve got a Chinese longthrow and I want to repack it. A video would be nice.
    Likes Coatings=crack, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Some test spots on rear passenger door interior trim.
    Hopefully a coating, but a good sealant will do.
    The dash is where I would want a matte finish, the rest of the trim could be gloss, hopefully darkening.

The Matte dash reacted, streaking the plastic and softer vinyl. I figured out my interior cleaner was leaving a residue.

Didn’t like the greasy feel of Perl. (will check in 24hrs)
    Probably not for me.

Britemax was very easy to spread into crevices. Good solid look, Nice protectant for a freebie. Deserves another try.

C6 Mattedash was definitely matte, it would work on the dash. I was hoping for some darkening. Another try.

PA Snowcake just stole the show, like a mixture of Britemax and C6 . Too shiny for dash ?? ( checking in 24hrs)
    With Matte Dash it could be the cleaner but it could also be the material it is used on. How many sprays did you put into the applicator? Also what type of applicator? If it is a foam applicator then I am going to recommend to use more than 2 sprays especially when first priming the pad. If not it streaks or can even gum up into little balls. It also does it on a hot surface. But it is not going to darken whatsoever. It is going to look like you applied nothing to the surface. gtechniq also recommends a second coat 24 hours later.

Did you buff off any excess product from Perl?

My personal favorite is Gyeon Preserve for interiors. It looks greasy upon application but it becomes more matte as it is buffed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

Tried black fire wax remover...... meh...

Try a stiffer brush next time.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Coatings=crack, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Who else gets their rental vehicles ready before a trip?

The wheels and wheel wells were dirty so I washed and dressed them, spray waxed the whole thing and did the interior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick
    Likes Mary B, SWETM, The Driver, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

From the `No good deed goes unpunished` department:
    My wife asked our neighbor to help her fix the drywall around the washing machine after a faucet repair. I can do it, but it is in the garage, and we are being required by the our insurer to repipe soon. She moved her car (2 years old, never corrected, and the paint looks fantastic after 2 years of rinseless washes) out of the garage to allow better access. Well during the clean up, the neighbor had an issue with my firehose nozzle and shutoff valve combo, and sprayed the car with wallboard dust. My wife tried to "help" and rinsed the car off with the hose. It looked OK when I quickly looked at it the day it happened, but when I pulled it out for a wash Saturday I could see waterspots. I soaked the car with Adam`s Waterless Wash (mixed from Rinseless Wash) loaded in a IK Multi-Sprayer, and that helped some. During the wash with a MF wash mitt I could see more of the waterspots disappearing. But after spritzing the panel with "Elixir" and drying it I could faintly see a few still remained, so once summer is gone (late October around here) I will need to finally put a polisher on this car.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do detailing wise today?

Assassinated a bunch of butterflies... I want to wash it so bad, but tomorrow it will look the same again.

These views on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated gibberish and in no way should be used to judge my IQ or mental state.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Finally finished (except for door sills, windows and some trim) recoating my Allroad.
    Original coating applied about 2.5 years ago and various and toppers since then. All in all has held up well, but it was in needing a recoat.

Washed, Tar Remover, Iron Remover, clayed, polished, Eraser and coatings - Kamikaze`s Zipang followed by Miyabi and then Zipang.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Mary B, dmath, PantherShark, SWETM, The Driver and 2 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got the BF Coating Booster on my BF coated DD.
    Paint Pop was noticeable as well as slickness.

The booster was almost crunchy when buffing, but buffed out wonderfully.
    My paint was a bit warm, so I did small sections, sprayed the towel not the body and buffed immediately with a separate towel.

I’m so glad I did a coating on this truck, just enjoying everything about it !

Post Thanks / Like

Scrubbed my hair for an hour getting out all the single stage paint! My invasive job ever..

Pix coming soon, dun dun duh.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes SWETM, Mary B, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did some testing of new products when washed the Ford Focus I maintain. As it`s needed to have a refresh of the LSP. I started with a strong prewash snow foam called King Carthur Total Snow Foam. It`s a high alkaline prewash foam that`s not wax safe. And still after this foamed on and let it dwell and then clean rinsing it off. There where traces of the 6 months old Sonax Spray & Seal. What`s I have noticed is these spray on rinse off products works extremly good on the side windows. It was like after the application of it. And when I applyied the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat on them it was basicly the same water behavior on it. Anyone else uses these spray on rinse off products on the whole car and see this awesome durability on the glass where you don`t have wipers?

Moving on to the wash I tried Sonax Rich Foam Schampoo in the bucket. It`s also a prewash foam to foam on the car and let it dwell and rinse off. In the bucket it smelled awesome of fresh berries. And the lubrication and suds was very good. Will have to use a little more to see how the cleaning ability is. Since I`m used to Carpro Reset car soap and Tac System Mystic Bubble where the cleaning ability is top notch. It was feeling a little less from the Sonax but still did it`s job good.

Drying with the Sonax twisted loop nap mf drying towel. And then applyied Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine on the roof and the hood. Not a good time when rain was about to start so high humidity. Needed a good buff to get it to feel slick. Also the car needs to be polished so like a wash and wax job. On the rest of the car I applyied the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat. Man is this a great product. 2 mist on a wet panel and spread it out with a mf sponge applicator. And then PW with hitting every part of where it`s applyied. Many thinks it`s water activated but it`s actually the pressure it gets a higher performance from it. So the Kärcher K7 PW did an awesome job to get the highest water behavior as possible. Cool to see how the water behavior goes from non to almost like a full blown ceramic coating from the water behavior. Will be fun to see how both the TW SNS and Gyeon Wet Coat behaves compared to each other. Wet Coat has gone from 3 months up to almost 5 months longevity from it. And TW SNS is around that too I think or if it`s last longer than 5 months it`s very impresive.
    Likes bob m, Mary B, Diner liked this post
    Thanks bofh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Last week we bought a car for our youngest son, a 2013 Mini Paceman (he`s a Mini fanatic). Today, he and I started detailing it.

We began by spraying the front with Bug Out and then washed with Dawn to remove whatever crap the dealer might have put on it. Then an Iron-X decontamination and thorough rinse. Then we clayed it using GG Brilliant Finish synthetic clay (first time using it -- really like it). Then another wash, this time with Adam`s shampoo. Finally, we put Reload on it. It`s a 6 year old car with 98K miles so it isn`t perfect. It would benefit from a polish but I`ve never done that and am not about to experiment on my son`s "new" car. Even without polishing, it`s a huge improvement and feels silky smooth. We still need to attack the interior and engine bay.
    Likes SWETM, bofh, Mary B, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My wife asked me to clean out the cooler in preparation for Saturday`s BBQ. It`s been sitting outside for months. So I hit the textured lid with Griot`s wheel cleaner and a Tuf Shine brush. Rinsed, and mixed up some Chemical Guys V07 car wash and a chenille wash mitt. The V07 is completely useless except for cleaning things that aren`t cars and so it was perfect for this application. After, I strongly considered hitting the plastic with Bead Maker or Blackfire Tire & Trim but ultimately decided against it.

:-)
    Likes dmath, SWETM, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the last set of wheels for the next year or two. Why does it always end up being 90+ degrees when I decide this is a good idea?
    Likes SWETM, Mary B, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Will start a thread tomorrow, but today I applied my first ever coat of 22PLE HPC.

Spent yesterday polishing my whole truck (2017 RAM 1500 quad cab). I applied Optimum Gloss Coat right after I bought it in October of `17. I hate dealing with the fall for detailing so I moved it up to the summer instead. One complete polish to make sure the gloss coat was gone, then today some minor corrections.

Hit a snag because my Optimum Hyper Polish was leaving random spots of stubborn residue...ended up hitting each panel with Optimum Power Clean at 4:1, then IPA wipedown, then Eraser just before coating.

Have to say Im impressed with the HPC. A lot less grabby (during application) than the Gloss Coat was, and even on my Bright White truck I was able to see where I applied it and when it was ready to remove. The working time was excellent too, even in our humidity I was able to easily remove from the panel after 10 minutes. I know the bottle says 3-5 but Im guessing real world says different. I figure if its still easy to take off, Ill give it all the time it needs....I basically did one panel, then a second, then went back and wiped off the previous. Until the whole truck was done.

One more coat coming up tomorrow!
    Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1, Mary B, Diner liked this post

Page 401 of 423 FirstFirst ... 301351387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406407408409410411412413414415 ... LastLast

Thread Information