Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

I washed mt wheels/tires with n-914 and cleaned my windshield. My car hasn`t been washed in a month (I believe that it was 5/5). I was going to finally do a wash but changed my mind considering the bright sun we had and no shade to work. What really surprised my was how clean the car appeared considering it has been drive many times in the rain and crossed the Mississippi twice 2 weeks ago and has gone 600+ miles.

I guess between the color and the coating the rain has done a decent job cleaning it. there are a few bugs on the front but even it is pretty clean. The main area the shows it dirty is the very back and exhaust tips.

Likes SWETM, Civicclutch, Mary B, Nizmo, Oneheadlite and 1 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Nice to see those kind of results. Looks good.
    Wait till you see the results with the van I`m working on now. These are just some teasers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes Mary B, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did the windshield of my truck with Glassparency today. I felt it went well, about 15 minutes while being through. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I`ll update then
    Likes Mary B, SWETM, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Coin op with Gyeon Bathe+.

Loving my BF coating, may only have 1 coat but with all the boosters and washes to help her out I`m happy.
    The Gyeon Tire is gone already, will have to try something new.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Likes PearTree, Nizmo, tropicsteve, SWETM, bob m and 1 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have any befores, but everybody knows what a chalky white Toyota looks like. Spent roughly 6 hours on it, thing barely fit in the garage. Single pass of SSR1 on a LC white pad, not an optimal pad, but for the situation it worked out well. Normally I`ve noticed on clear-coated metallics you will get a haze with that combo, but it seems to work OK for single stage. Last steps was EX Sealant. Anyways...

And just some overall shots. Still having a heckuva time getting the inner wheels clean, but made a little bit more progress with some Meg`s Wheel Brightener. I typically don`t use it, but the wheels are trashed (corroded) anyways.

Figure I`d get this thing clean before I tackle my aunts Mercedes next weekend...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes tropicsteve, SWETM, bob m, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A while ago I got inspired from Mary B DIY undercarriage nozzle setup to the PW. So have been looking for a frame with wheels that could be used with my Kärcher 360 nozzle tip. Found 2 that could work okay but it feeled not great with these. So a couple of days ago I was in a hardware store and saw a little wheel that you mount on different things and it`s not fix but goes the way you push it hopefully LOL. Some plastic stripes to mount it to the nozzle tip. Will see how this works out and will try to use it in the next couple of days. Have to use 1 of 2 bottles that fits to the PW soap inlett. So the wooden porch gets a cleaning and protection for the season so I can re-use the bottle LOL. Would be great if Kärcher sold these bottles empty to be used with own products. But that`s maybe to much to ask for LOL.

The setup and the little dry run on the table seems to be able to work. Otherwise it`s back to another setup LOL.

Then I saw the Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube used the patio cleaner upside down to use on the undercarriage. Maybe one of the frames I got would fit this so it don`t is directly on the ground. Smart way to use it and may try it out anyways. Will be useing Bilt Hambers products as they have corrosion inhibitors in them. Thinking about to mix up the KKD Purity X which is concentrated siloxane that you can mix and use in many ways. So as the Griots Garage BOSS Poly Gloss that you foam on and rinse off you can mix up this with the Purity X. Have done it a couple of times before on my stepfathers Nissan Navarra truck with great results. 3-4 months longevity from it with high performance. Have been interested to mix it up to a sealant and it claims 6 months longevity from it that way. So many products and not so many vehicals to do LOL.

Thanks for the inspiration Mary!

/ Tony

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk
    Likes bob m, Mary B, Diner liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    Did the windshield of my truck with Glassparency today. I felt it went well, about 15 minutes while being through. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I`ll update then
    Update/First Impression: Glassparancy works really well. Water just fly`s off the windshield after 40mph. It really poured yesterday and I never had a problem. One thing I did notice this morning was there wasn`t the normal wiper path marks where the wipers went and didn`t touch parts of the glass. The whole windshield appeared to be pretty clean overall

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Diner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had a little free time today before heading up to Maine for some white water rafting, sooooooooo I hit it with Gyeon foam via MTM Cannon, followed by 2 bucket wash with Gyeon Bathe along with the softest sponge I have ever felt. I used the GG hand blower as well as the Big Boi Mini and GG large PFM for drying and topped my A4 with some GG Best of Show Detailer. Interior was with SONAX Leather Cleaner and Foam on seats, GG Rubber and Trim Protector on doors and dash and Herrenfahrt Dashboard Detailer - yeah that`s right - Herrenfahrt, on the MMI screens, plasticized wood trim.

A few thoughts.

Setting up PW and disconnecting and the back and forth ain`t fun, nor was my decision to by another 25` hose as an extension w/o realizing how inflexible that extension hose was/is. I can see myself using my Gilor Foam Gun a bit more often.
    I think at this time I prefer the snub nose gun to the lance - just find it easier to maneuver.
    I am waiting on a trolley for the BB Blower as it`s a little unwieldy holding the machine in one hand and the very very flexible hose in the other. The BB was more powerful than the GG hand unit but not by a whole world of difference, but was noticeably quieter.
    That Sonax Foam leather care item is easy to apply and leaves an oh so very slight deeper look to the leather/vinyl seats.
    Herrenfahrt Detailer - boutique item though it is works quite well, well enough for me to have bought another bottle.
    Griot Garage PFM`s are about the best MF`s available. Actually GG makes an awful lot of superb products and they have the best customer service around. I could be happy with using their products exclusively - except for that Foam Gun, not the Cannon, the Gun.
    It`s way easier when you have all items ready to go beforehand rather than scrounging around in the middle of detailing.

Likes SWETM, Mary B, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I had a little free time today before heading up to Maine for some white water rafting, sooooooooo I hit it with Gyeon foam via MTM Cannon, followed by 2 bucket wash with Gyeon Bathe along with the softest sponge I have ever felt. I used the GG hand blower as well as the Big Boi Mini and GG large PFM for drying and topped my A4 with some GG Best of Show Detailer. Interior was with SONAX Leather Cleaner and Foam, GG Rubber and trim Protector.

A few thoughts.

Setting up PW and disconnecting and the back and forth ain`t fun, nor was my decision to by another 25` hose as an extension w/o realizing how inflexible that extension hose was/is. I can see myself using my Gilor Foam Gun a bit more often.
    I think at this time I prefer the snub nose gun to the lance - just find it easier to maneuver.
    I am waiting on a trolley for the BB Blower as it`s a little unwieldy holding the machine in one hand and the very very flexible hose in the other. The BB was more powerful than the GG hand unit but not by a whole world of difference, but was noticeably quieter.
    That Sonax Foam leather care item is easy to apply and leaves an oh so very slight deeper look to the leather/vinyl seats.
    Griot Garage PFM`s are about the best MF`s available. Actually GG makes an awful lot of superb products and they have the best customer service around. I could be happy with using their products exclusively - except for that Foam Gun, not the Cannon, the Gun.
    It`s way easier when you have all items ready to go beforehand rather than scrounging around in the middle of detailing.

The proper hose makes a big difference, I have one of those plastic coated 50` hoses and I hate it. One day I`ll get a proper hose. One day I would love to have a dedicated wash bay, one day.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Setting up PW and disconnecting and the back and forth ain`t fun, nor was my decision to by another 25` hose as an extension w/o realizing how inflexible that extension hose was/is. I can see myself using my Gilor Foam Gun a bit more often..

[IMG
    I bought the flexzilla 50 ft 1/4 inch hose (from Lowe’s online). It was an excellent purchase can get around entire car no problem. Unrolls fine and super flexible. I have quick connects everywhere so doesn’t take long to hook up. Highly recommend doing voth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Mary B, Civicclutch, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I bought the flexzilla 50 ft 1/4 inch hose (from Lowe’s online). It was an excellent purchase can get around entire car no problem. Unrolls fine and super flexible. I have quick connects everywhere so doesn’t take long to hook up. Highly recommend doing voth

Thank you! I will check that out.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a little free time today before heading up to Maine for some white water rafting, sooooooooo I hit it with Gyeon foam via MTM Cannon, followed by 2 bucket wash with Gyeon Bathe along with the softest sponge I have ever felt. I used the GG hand blower as well as the Big Boi Mini and GG large PFM for drying and topped my A4 with some GG Best of Show Detailer. Interior was with SONAX Leather Cleaner and Foam on seats, GG Rubber and Trim Protector on doors and dash and Herrenfahrt Dashboard Detailer - yeah that`s right - Herrenfahrt, on the MMI screens, plasticized wood trim.

A few thoughts.

Herrenfahrt Detailer - boutique item though it is works quite well, well enough for me to have bought another bottle.

Have Herrenfarth come to the US or is it gotten over the sea?

I can highly recommend you the Herrenfarth Sprühglanz. It`s like a topper with great longevity and gloss from it. I have only used the special editions the reseller in Sweden got made for them so more of the gloss and protection part in it. But those that have used the original have been very satisfied with it. And mostly it`s a breeze to work with and goes a long way with the Flairosol spray bottle and just a little product is necessary for coverage. But yeah it is like Polish Angel in price point so no cheap products. Think that products that useally can go a long way can be a more sense to try if wanted. And something like a glass cleaner or wheel cleaner don`t makes much sense to pay up a premium price. Also their Autobathe car soap has gotten great reviews here in Sweden.

I`m gotten so used to setting up the PW since I use it on every wash and don`t do WW or RW. But yeah when I had it in the basement and lifting up the stairs when used was no fun. Now when it`s better setup in the garage to bring out and be connected it don`t take long to do. The hose on my Kärcher K7 PW is quite good actually but the Flex part in the name of it is a more flexible hose on this version. 10 meters I think is 29` and it`s just enough to get around when I wash and how I have it setup. But a longer hose would be great to have. Try to setup the PW so it`s easy accessed when setting it up for the wash. And try to get a hose that works for you where you wash. Or if it`s possible with a longer hose to have a more fixed place for the PW unit it can be worth it too.
    Likes Mary B, Diner liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Have Herrenfarth come to the US or is it gotten over the sea?

I can highly recommend you the Herrenfarth Sprühglanz. It`s like a topper with great longevity and gloss from it. I have only used the special editions the reseller in Sweden got made for them so more of the gloss and protection part in it. But those that have used the original have been very satisfied with it. And mostly it`s a breeze to work with and goes a long way with the Flairosol spray bottle and just a little product is necessary for coverage. But yeah it is like Polish Angel in price point so no cheap products. Think that products that useally can go a long way can be a more sense to try if wanted. And something like a glass cleaner or wheel cleaner don`t makes much sense to pay up a premium price. Also their Autobathe car soap has gotten great reviews here in Sweden.

I`m gotten so used to setting up the PW since I use it on every wash and don`t do WW or RW. But yeah when I had it in the basement and lifting up the stairs when used was no fun. Now when it`s better setup in the garage to bring out and be connected it don`t take long to do. The hose on my Kärcher K7 PW is quite good actually but the Flex part in the name of it is a more flexible hose on this version. 10 meters I think is 29` and it`s just enough to get around when I wash and how I have it setup. But a longer hose would be great to have. Try to setup the PW so it`s easy accessed when setting it up for the wash. And try to get a hose that works for you where you wash. Or if it`s possible with a longer hose to have a more fixed place for the PW unit it can be worth it too.
    Yes, Herren is available in the USA. What my plan is in the next few weeks or so is to polish off my older coating (Nanolex) and apply the Kamikaze coatings Miyabi and Zipang and use Overcoat as a topper/detailer. This time around, I am gonna follow the the Kamikaze dealer`s recommendation and not add a bunch of different detailers and toppings for maintenance as I always have been doing. Makes sense to me and will see how that goes!

I`m going to check out the hose recommended to me as I mentioned the extension I`m using is way too inflexible.
    Likes Mary B, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

Yes, Herren is available in the USA. What my plan is in the next few weeks or so is to polish off my older coating (Nanolex) and apply the Kamikaze coatings Miyabi and Zipang and use Overcoat as a topper/detailer. This time around, I am gonna follow the the Kamikaze dealer`s recommendation and not add a bunch of different detailers and toppings for maintenance as I always have been doing. Makes sense to me and will see how that goes!

I`m going to check out the hose recommended to me as I mentioned the extension I`m using is way too inflexible.

I have the Flexzilla
    Seemed to need breaking in at first, wanted to get kinky.
    I have the 50` PW hose as well, that is even nicer.
    After breaking in and training them some, they are very nice hoses.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope my flexzilla works on my sunjoe. The threads match up but the hose end is loosey goosey in the outlet of washer and inlet of gun. Haven’t had a chance to try yet.

Page 399 of 423 FirstFirst ... 299349385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406407408409410411412413 ... LastLast

Thread Information