Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Wiped off excess McKees sio2 tire shine. 2 coats didn’t work on my truck tires. They outside is smooth so 1 coat it is. Need to clean interior and exterior glass. Missed 1 small spot on each mirror with wets so need to fix that to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another nice day, so hit the exterior trim with McKess trim restorer. A job no one likes, and I was not looking forward to it. But it went ok. Trying to break this down over days so last thing I have to do is pick a LSP and coat the wheels. Time to do the trim is when it is new!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

McKees 37 coating on the E. Love this stuff, it’s as easy to use as optiseal.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well yesterday I cleaned my tires and wheels. Scenario I have winter wheels and tires as well as AS tires and wheels. Winter is over, the weather was cooperating so I took out my AS tires/wheels out of the garage and went to work. I cleaned the wheels with Nonalex Iron remover ad the tires with Eraser then scrubbed `em down with Tuf Shine Cleaner. It took me 3 applications of Tuf Shine Cleaner to get the tires clean enough (as per their recommendation/admonition) to apply 3 coats of their Tuf Shine Clearcoat.
    After the cleaner my tires were absolutely as clean as new. The TS Coating goes on as easy as can be. Shine is a little higher than my preferred matt finish, but time will take care of that.
    Now, my wheels were coated with Nanolex wheel coating 2 years ago and have held up wonderfully - brake dust comes of effortlessly but the wheel barrels were not coated - soooooooooooooo, I used some C Quartz plastic and wheel coating I had on hand for over a year. I also did a no-no and applied that CQ coating over the 2 y/o Nanolex wheel coating - figuring how bad could that be?
    Anyhow, that`s another added benefit of having 2 sets of tires/wheels - you can absolutely get into every nook and cranny whereas not so easily of the wheels are already on the car.
    Bottom line here is that I want to actually see real world results/protection/longevity of the Tuf Shine Wheel coating - when directions are followed to the T. Updates to follow.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Today I laid a a foundation of old Essence on my trunk, "cured" it with a hair dryer. I then moved to divide the trunk into fourths, FK1000P, Meguiar`s Fast Finish, DPC ARMOR, and CMX. Then I "cured" them with the hair dryer. Are they really cured, no. I just accelerated the bonding process. We will see what durability looks like. Initial impressions, FK1000P sat on the Essence like it was nothing, Fast Finish was a bit streaky, DPC sweated a little bit, and CMX mimic`d Fast Finish and ARMOR.
    Likes Dan, SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s a preview of the first car that I will be coating. There is one polishing step left before coating.

What did you do detailing wise today?-bmw.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Dan, SWETM, mnehls86, tropicsteve, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A little spring cleaning on my daily driver. I usually pull the seats and plastics out of both cars once a year to get in nice and clean.

Likes tropicsteve, SWETM, Mary B, 340mopars liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They say ya never forget your first time although probably in reference to something other than the first car you used your favorite coating on...but still, gotta take what you can get, no?

Anyway, Kamikaze Miyabi + ISM, applied 10/2016 and maintained since then with Overcoat and occasional bit of Infinity Wax.

Stripped another winter off with Gyeon Foam and Gyeon Tar 2 weeks ago, a wash today with Kamikaze Anti-Aging shampoo, and a coat of Infinity Wax.

Albeit a lowly Honda Civic, still a nice way to spend the first warm Saturday of Spring. Still plenty of life left in the coating, gonna let it ride for another year.

Post Thanks / Like

detailed a friend`s new hurricane 188 ss sun deck boat. mckee`s 37 360 on an orange lc pad and topped with mckee`s high def paint sealant. told him this was the only time i would work the entire underside of the hull too. now i remember why i haven`t done boats in awhile.

Likes SWETM, mnehls86, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Worked on a 2013 Honda Accord on Saturday morning. Engine bay a little dirty after 48k miles & some coffee stains on the interior. Exterior was already pretty clean. BDX, CG Citrus Wash, Clay w/ ONR, LSP was Poorboys Blue Paste Wax & Solution Finish on the A-Pillars.

Likes maxreed241, Mary B, Diner, SWETM, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday evening was just a wash. Customer bought this Mini that has a coating installed on it but the beading was dead on the roof and hood. Quick wash with Reset and beading was restored. I did use Opti-Seal as a drying agent just to get a little more pop out of it. I will be doing maintenance washes on both of his Mini`s twice a month so I can play around with top coats on the coating for this one.

Likes Mary B, Diner, SWETM, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday I finished polishing and coating my truck. I had to break it into 2 weekends with time constraints and having a tiny garage. Inside got the glass clean and a quick vacuum. I still need to spend some time on the trim, assist steps, and a really through clean of the interior.
    Friday after work I washed the wife`s car. Hit it with IronX since I had the time and she bought it new last week. I was hoping for a bloody Mary on her white car, but only had minimally bleeding on the horizontal surfaces. Beadmaker when I was done on the paint, IGL premier on the wheels. It still needs to be clayed and polished, but time will have to wait for that
    Likes Mary B, SWETM, mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Washed and delivered the Lamborghini we had at Auto Inn. I’m gonna miss it till it gets back. I like it in the background at work. Also started washing a huge Rv with Gel coat I’m gonna polish the whole thing! I ordered the cordless Milwaukee rotary so we will see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick
    Likes rlmccarty2000, SWETM, mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slick View Post
    Washed and delivered the Lamborghini we had at Auto Inn. I’m gonna miss it till it gets back. I like it in the background at work. Also started washing a huge Rv with Gel coat I’m gonna polish the whole thing! I ordered the cordless Milwaukee rotary so we will see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Review on the Rotary please, I have an M18 tool. I’d love for Griots to get together with Milwaukee and produce a BOSS polisher off of the M18 battery, and an iBrid Nano competitor off of the M12 line of batteries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Review on the Rotary please, I have an M18 tool. I’d love for Griots to get together with Milwaukee and produce a BOSS polisher off of the M18 battery, and an iBrid Nano competitor off of the M12 line of batteries.
    Auto Fanatic just reviewed it on his YT

Page 395 of 423 FirstFirst ... 295345381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406407408409 ... LastLast

Thread Information