Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Today was the time for my Kia cee`d SW TD to be washed. Some old method and a new method for me to use. The last wash a month ago. It was not as bad as I thought it would be.

This is what I started with. No pre-rinse done this time and it`s not something I useally do either. As I want the prewash to be applyied on as a dry surface as possible. On this picture you can see some tiny gravel. This is what is used inside of the cities and towns and villages where the speed limits is lower. You can also see the water hangs on the side panels.

So I start with applying BBV Degreaser HD. Which is like a tar remover but can also be applyied on a wet surface. If you have tried a tar remover on wet paint most gets like a milky solution. And this was completly free from tar and protected with Carpro Hydro2 lite a month ago. The tar remover I only apply up to just before the windows on the side panels and the back of the car.

Without rinsing the tar remover off. I apply Bilt Hamber Surfex HD at 1:20 from a Kwazar pump sprayer bottle over the whole car. And yes over the tar remover too. This is to desolve the oily road film that gets on the vehicals and other organic grime. Bilt Hamber Surfex HD is a alkaline based degreaser and an APC. Think they claim that the surfactans is polymers.

You have seen the water how it clings on the side panels. This is before picture of how the beading looks on a month old Hydro2 lite before the wash.

The hood after the Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and just PW it off. I use the water pressure from the PW to clean with. So thoroughly go over the panel from bottom and work my way up with the width the PW nozzle tip has. Revived great I think.

This is the side panel after the tar remover and Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and cleaned with the water pressure from the PW. Some beading and sheeting revived. But also noticeble degraded water behavior. Had the Gyeon Wet Coat last winter and feel like it standed up better than Hydro2 lite has done. And Wet Coat now with 50% longer longevity in their new formula for 2019. I think I will go back to Wet Coat or Sonax Spray and Seal. But very interested how Wet Coat is now so think it`s time to order some of that. And they have another brand there that has a lime scale remover car soap which I will get too. Many like that to get a coating more revived with it in combo with tar remover and iron remover when decon wash the coating.

The old method was the tar remover and apply a TFR degreaser directly over it. And the new method maybe gets many to cringe LOL. I bought a Vikan wash brush and it has a water outlet in the brush too. So a wash pole which you can connect to the garden hose and you get flowing water through the brush. I just have an ordinary pole on mine. And an other shape of the wash bucket with a grit guard that fit in it. Used Carpro Reset car soap and the Vikan wash brush and I rinsed it out very often. No pressure where added and just tried to guide it and 2-3 wipe was only needed as a mf wash mitt does and I got a clean paint. I think it worked great and this brush is very soft bristles brush. So what I could notice I did not marring the paint with it. Will see if I continue to use it. Thinking maybe use it on the roof and on the lower parts of the side panels and the rest with wash mitt and wash pads of mf.

Here is my new brush beside a same Vikan wash brush but wider. Would you use the other one on your car LOL? It`s the wash bay where I am that has that and all of the other brushes was in the same condition. I take my own stuff with me and use their PW and water only.

Finished with a new coat of the Hydro2 lite and dried with the leafblower

The wheels was just cleaned with Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus and PW. The yellowing need a acidic based wheel cleaner to get fully cleaned. So that will be done when it`s time for switch to the summer wheels in about a month.

Thanks for reading if you got through it LOL

/ Tony

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk
    Have you ever tried Polish Angel UltraRed?

Had never noticed/knew about it before, saw a bottle of it today and am curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I have. Nice product but there`s no substitute for a proper/thorough wash method, in my opinion.

I`d rather spend my (PA) money on many other products, personally.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I have. Nice product but there`s no substitute for a proper/thorough wash method, in my opinion.

I`d rather spend my (PA) money on many other products, personally.

It`s a pre-wash spray, correct? Thinking maybe something to use as a 1st step when washing/removing winters` grime come Spring cleanup time?

Post Thanks / Like

It`s a pre-wash spray, correct? Thinking maybe something to use as a 1st step when washing/removing winters` grime come Spring cleanup time?
    Yes.
    I obviously didn`t have to remove any winter grime here in central TX so maybe I couldn`t properly attest to its ability. I think the last time it snowed here was literally on my birthday Dec 2017.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Had never noticed/knew about it before, saw a bottle of it today and am curious.
    It`s not available on PA Sweden. But looks like a good spray on prewash product. It sounds a little like Bilt Hamber Surfex HD when undiluted. Could work great on a coating as a prewash. But if waxed or sealant LSP I would be prepered to reapply the LSP. And also since it`s very fast working time. Don`t apply over the whole car. Test on 1 or 2 panels and inspect so it don`t dry as fast too and rinse off with the PW so you clean with the water pressure. I would absolutely test it out as a first step of a decon wash. Then look at what`s left and see what`s needed afterwards. If it is able to desolve the tar mostly. Surfex HD is claimed to get some tar off. But that would be very fresh small tar spots IME. Otherwise quite ineffective on just tar for me. And as you see in the pictures the environment I live in is crazy amount of tar that sticks on the cars. But as TFR prewash before you touch your paint the PA Ultra Red would be interesting to hear how it works in a winter environment.

PA Snowman Foam Wash is the prewash foam PA has available here. 30-60ml in a 1L foamcannon bottle is the recommended dilution. That is crazy little product if it`s effective as most dedicated prewash foam is. But the prize is also crazy LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not all today, but over the last couple of days I got a new MTM spray gun, lance, and nozzles. Those arrived in time for the 62F we had. I got both the cars rinsed out from the winter. Friday I got a nice box from Autopia in, and it rained all day. Today I did a rinseless in the garage, and used Beadmaker for the first time.
    Now it`s snowing again. SPRING can`t come fast enough
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    Maybe not all today, but over the last couple of days I got a new MTM spray gun, lance, and nozzles. Those arrived in time for the 62F we had. I got both the cars rinsed out from the winter. Friday I got a nice box from Autopia in, and it rained all day. Today I did a rinseless in the garage, and used Beadmaker for the first time.
    Now it`s snowing again. SPRING can`t come fast enough
    Sounds like my state of weather

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Removed some vinyl lettering with a rubber eraser wheel on a drill. Kind of a pain in the butt to do.
    Likes minerigger, SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned vert top:

Coated:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, PantherShark, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So I am not sure if this would count under “What did you do regarding detailing?” It seemed closest since I think the Show And Shine is only cars you have done.

Went to a local car show and took these shots - enjoy. Frankly I was a bit disappointed on most of the paint jobs - many had swirls and several needed a good #7 infusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Diner, PantherShark, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Started this yesterday, customer bought and washed it, then saw all the swirls and asked what I could do to make it better. It has a small spot of clear coat failure on hood, and on driver door it has a run of thin to no paint. Doing the best I can doing a single step p ol lish with bf src compound with b&s yellow euro pads. The buffer trails were over the whole truck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes Nizmo, SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

First real wash of 2019!

For those that say foaming is useless, I added about 4oz of Bug Squash to the soap in the lance to aid in cleaning. Foaming alone got 80% of the crud off.

I didn`t even know I had black accented wheels...

(No the brake cleaner was not used on this, lol. Changed the oil in the truck earlier in the day and left it out...)

It`s going to need a lot of work when it warms up more; this winter was not kind at all!
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got a chance to wash the wife`s car.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thought about washing the cars yesterday, but ended up trading the wife`s 09 Altima in for a 19 Honda Accord Sport 2L, in Platinum white pearl.
    I was adamant to the saleman to not wash or prep it. He said the he never heard someone ever ask for it not to be washed before pick up, but he was good about it. We drove it home with all the plastic still on the seats, stickers on the windows, and dirt all over it. I had to remove the foam guarding the doors from bumping into someone else, and everything I mentioned. I gave it a quick rinseless wash and Beadmaker. I need to make a plan for the car. It still needs to a decontamination, and inspection for swirls. I`m definitely going to coat it, but not sure if I also want to do the wheels and interior. Weathertechs will be ordered this weekend.
    Likes SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Finally getting somewhat decent here in PA. Normal wash on the ZR2. Got to use my normal products on the interior. And treated all the door weather stripping. Cleaned and dressed the engine. Moved all my products to the garage. Non related, freed a stuck hatch on her 12 Escape. Going to need a new actuator in the future. For now, sprayed the unit and connectors with silicon. Working for now. Really dumb design. Should have made it keyed entry.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Page 394 of 423 FirstFirst ... 294344380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406407408 ... LastLast

Thread Information