Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Some during pics. Still not done

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up some space heaters and a bissel proheat spot cleaner. That’ll help with this. Think I’m just gonna pull the seats out and deal with it this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM, RaydiantDetail, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Started interior today of the yukon after I finished buffing and polishing. Mckee`s 37 70/30 for the win

Likes Coatings=crack, SWETM, Mary B, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Winter in MN.
    We’re having snow and fluctuations in temperatures, which makes for a Yuck Muck Mess on the roads.

Was looking into an undercarriage sprayer, the one I think would fit my Malibu is 100$ ! !

So out comes the pressure washer and the 3 extensions that I already have

I picked up this 3 wheeled furniture mover,
    5 $ at Menards.

This is my working end with angle and rubber cover, added an extra angle adapter plus white tip.

Velcro straps, front and back of rubber to hold it all stable.
    QC`s snapped the 3 pieces together, for about a 5 foot length.

Test run

Worked so well, that I kept going.
    This was literally a Blast !!

Finished up with my Canon and the soap I chose had nonexistent foam

Switched to a much foamier shampoo, plus I think the canon is something I need to upgrade.

My wax choice, because of the Montan . Hopefully it will last out the next couple months

She’s in need of a serious polish, as soon as spring is near.
    I would like to coat the wheels as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Miss MacGyver! LOL I think I will do the same as you did. Got to keep costs down!! Where did you get the angle fitting
    Likes SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishroes View Post
    Great job Miss MacGyver! LOL I think I will do the same as you did. Got to keep costs down!! Where did you get the angle fitting
    I got mine on amazon

Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So I`m bout ready to put lsp on the yukon and am debating which route I wanna go with

Post Thanks / Like

Let your wife or significant other pick one. I’m sure either one of them will look good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    So I`m bout ready to put lsp on the yukon and am debating which route I wanna go with

All.....of......them.......

Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    All.....of......them.......

I dont want to have it for that long lol

I`ve decided to go blackfire afps and if I have time I`m gonna do one layer of crystal

Post Thanks / Like

Carpet finally dried so got it vacuumed again and put back in. Cleaned up 90% of plastics and the seats and got them put back in. Have to clean up 2 door panels and the dash. Then final vac, dress and glass. Don’t think ima get to the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

AMZ

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I was able to wash my car. The last one I did a couple of days before new year. Then it was also protected with Carpro Hydro2 lite. And to my surprise it has failed totaly on the side panels down and up half way to the side windows. I thought they would be revived when the degreaser was done and the 2bm with Reset useally revive a clogged LSP. But last winter I could apply Gyeon Wet Coat monthly 3 times before winter came. So maybe I got a thicker LSP that way.

Either way I feel like the Hydro2 lite has stayed cleaner visually. The road salt and the tar spots where there. And the truckwash that the wash bay have took care of the road salt and other grime. Then a tar degreaser took almost all of the tar spots off. But the last ones I used Carpro TarX on and I don`t aggitate it and just use the water pressure from the PW to clean with. The 2bm wash with carpro reset cleaned up the last little of dirt left. The rinse bucket is almost clean after the wash and that`s how I like it.

I had a plan to apply one of my favorite spray shine product Herrenfarth Sprühglanz SPR Limited Edition but in a stronger version. But the nerve damage I have did so the pain level was high at this moment. So I used Hydro2 lite again and wiped it in with a mf wash pad to get a longer longevity from it. Man is that slick when wiped in. Applyied to a couple of panels and rinsed off thoroughly with the PW and also a last thorough rinse off before dried it.

I was at the wash bay I have access to some times. They wash semi-trucks of different kinds and other machines in there. So it`s not a pretty place but gets the work done.

Here`s when the doors are opened.

This is what I have to deal with.

The PW setup is 2 PW and 2 degreaser wands. I took a look at the water pressure from the PW and it was only 1500psi at the pumps. I have a PW with 2600psi 2.6gpm and this is not near the power from those 2. The gpm I would estimate is 4gpm or more. They are on 440v electric outlets and the wand if not holding strong will rise up fast and even can push you if you are not ready when starting to spray. So cleaning works great at a feet away of the car with the nozzle tip. In the picture I clean of the tar degreaser.

Two set of wands on both sides 1 the PW wand and the other the degreaser wand. And you can move them all of the way down to the other side hanging from the roof.

Some pictures of the finished results

Thanks for watching and reading

/ Tony

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk
    Likes Diner, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It always sets my mind at ease when all the crapolla is off my vehicles I’m sure it does yours too
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It always sets my mind at ease when all the crapolla is off my vehicles I’m sure it does yours too
    Absolutely it does! Even if I know it will be dirty fast again. But the more often you can clean it off the easier all of the dirt release. All that tar is from less than 2 months build up. Did a thorough tar removal last time too. Think it`s become worse the 2 last winters. But there are more that drives on studded winter tires than not studded ones. And it`s a law to have winter tires on from 1 december to 31 mars. Can be that they use a lot more of the wet road salt when spreading it on the roads so it maybe loosen up the tar more or something. On parking lots when looking around and you see those vehicals that are not so well taken care of. It`s horrific how much build up of tar it has. See if I can get a picture of one little descretly LOL.

Now I will be looking around for a setup to get the undercarige rinsed like Mary has done. I know that both Kärcher and Kränzle has an extension wand with a 90 degree bend on the wand and a nozzle orifice that lowers the pressure from the PW so it`s not too strong. But without any wheels on them which would be very comfortable. They have those with rotating nozzles and that you can set the hight on. But those are pricey LOL.

Page 391 of 423 FirstFirst ... 291341377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404405 ... LastLast

Thread Information