Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Today I saw the most swirled up vehicle I’ve ever seen in a long time. It was a Mercedes GLK! It was parked behind me in a parking lot also far away interestingly enough. The Ceramiclear paint was so swirled though, I almost waited for the owner to return just to ask him or her how he or she washes the car. Oh well, such a shame. When I got home I QDed my paint and wiped my wheels like I always do.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    Just a quick question, has anyone just put exo on paint with out the csl underneath

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yes, Have used exo v3 without CSL...Very hydrophobic. It was a leased car so did not want to go thru the full regimen...would have placed the csl had it not been a lease but happy with results of just exo...

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, I had the PDR guy come out to pull 6 dents from the Lexus. Took a good two hours and a few of them were tricky but he was pretty solid and got em. While he was doing that I did some little odds and ends cleaning up the interior.

After he was done I washed and prepped the car. Took quite a bit of claying with aggressive clay and griots clay mitt to get rid of the bonded contaminants.

Spent most of the day today cutting. This cars paint is hell to work on. Its jobs like these I wish I had an extra set of hands. 12 hours spent just cutting. Many areas needed two rounds of cutting and different combinations. Wool pads, m105, d300, microfiber pads, angelwax ressurection. Jeeze.

I`m beat but will probably start polishing after a little break and try to get half the car done tonight then finish up tomorrow morning. Then fill some of the rock chips and get the rest of the interior tidy minus the seats which are still soaking up the leatherique.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of pointless, but start my vacation today. Warm today, then it go`s way down hill. I knew they were calling for rain, but this morning looked ok. Finished the interior, then started the wash. Of course it started to rain. LOL. Figured I am out here so threw a hat on and finished the wash. Rinsed it and went inside. Later in the morning after that bout of rain, went back out and used my drying aid and dried it, dressed the tires and called it a day. Damn, that`s dedication!!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes SWETM, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Fist coat laid down

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Random? What`s the shelf life of Synchro, mohs, cquk 3.0, cq tio2, gtech c4? Also is 45-50 to low for any of these to work and adhere worth a crap?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

More fun today on the Lexus. I think this would be day 5 but I took family breaks here and there and wasnt able to work on the car for long the first few days. Anyway, more like full Day 3.

Today I finished up any little polishing I had left from yesterday. Mainly the passenger doors and front bumper. That just took a few hours.

The bigger task was the interior. Holy cow what a nightmare. The leatherique treatment stage 2 of cleaning was today. I think I spent close to 6 hours just cleaning the leather. Just the leather.
    And I`m not sure but I think because it was not that hot and I dont have a heated garage the rejuvenator oil was still very heavy in many places . It looked like it didnt soak through except the bolsters. After cleaning the leather did feel and look dramatically better though. I`d say a huge difference. My towels were black and brown picking up all the nastiness. I`m not sure how people sit that long on leather when you can visibly see the grimyness. I digress.

I tackled the rest of the interior after the leather cleaning. Sand and dog hair was pretty much everywhere and dirt/dust in every crack and crevice. This car hadn`t had a solid clean in a while. I pulled out the steamer and tornador to help assist. I even removed door sil trim and interior trim where i could to help clean them better. Nextzet plastic cleaner is pretty darn amazing. Tackled all the plastic and vinyl with it and it helped really lift up all the dirt along with my trusty vinyl brush. That little thing is amazing. I used it on everything. Anyway after 12 hours today of which about 8 were on the interior, every thing is looking milhouse.

Sorry for the long post!

Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor, Stokdgs, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Random? What`s the shelf life of Synchro, mohs, cquk 3.0, cq tio2, gtech c4? Also is 45-50 to low for any of these to work and adhere worth a crap?

My Gyeon Syncro is a little over a year old and it is still fine after using it. The remaining has shown no sighs of hardening/crystallizing.

If they are not open then you should have a good shelf life.

Here is the working temp for CQUK

Recommended working temperatures: 40F to 100F

TiO2

• Recommended working temperatures: 50F to 100F
    • If environmental temperatures are below 60F consider CQuartz UK.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m in Wyoming. Its unseasonably warm at 40. Usually down in 20s this time of year. I can heat the garage but it becomes harder to sustain the colder it gets. The 7 day cure is what worries me...wife wont park it for a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Emailed car pros and they told me sealed about 6 mo from date on bottom of bottle opened. One year sealed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Polished these wheels that had 1 year old Gyeon Rim. FYI Gyeon Rim has held up well in the year it was on these wheels. Started to show signs of wear.

They were recoated with 22ple VM1 Metal and Wheel Coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks hella clean Guz !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Saw ya got to the wheels, did you make it thru 2nd coat of paint and give Finitura a go?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Fist coat laid down

Post Thanks / Like

Warm enough to do a wash and I had a itch to try some of my new to me products. Been doing the interior with McKess interior detailer till I can do a full interior come spring. Did do a engine detail today. Sonax engine cleaner followed with Sonus motor kote. The new to me...

Pinnacle glass cleaner with rain repel. Nice product. Did all exterior glass with it. No streaks or smears. Will see how strong the repel side of is.

McKess headlamp protectant spray. Hit the lamps with it. Used a MF. No issues or drama. Left them looking great.

Ultima screen protectant. Got this for the touch screen. Nice MF included. This product really shined. Left the screen very clean and smudge free.

Griots aerosol satin shine. Interesting tire shine product. It does indeed have a nice sprayer. And the product did not run or streak. Appeared to dry after some time. Sling? Don`t know yet. Finish is nice looking. Great alt. for off road tires. This product was given to me to try out by fly07sti. Thanks again.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Raydiant Detail -------------------
    Is that paint Jet Black on that Lexus ?? It turned out Beautiful !!!

I just corrected all the Jet Black paint on a 2016 Lexus LX570 - the biggest beast of them all !!!!
    It was pretty scratched and very dirty..
    You need a 6 foot ladder and almost all the the way to the top of it, to do the top of this big dog..

Used 12 - 5-1/2" Lake Country Hydro-Shred Tangerine`s, Optimum`s Pro Fast Finish Polish, that you get with the Pro Coating, and 14 hours...
    Of course, my Makita 9227 Rotary was my go to and it really helped knock this out..

I normally average 10 hours outside and around 10 hours inside the vehicle..
    This huge Bus ruined my average a bit..

Nice vehicles ! I would never be able to spend the $100k+ it takes to own one..
    Why would I need anything that big anyway??

Dan F
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Page 386 of 423 FirstFirst ... 286336372373374375376377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400 ... LastLast

Thread Information