Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Mounted 2 shelves in a closet that I store my stuff in year round so as to have it temperature controlled.

Then organized...sort of. Need another I think20181202_202343.jpeg20181202_202422.jpeg20181202_202611.jpeg20181202_202624.jpeg20181202_202631.jpeg20181202_202642.jpeg20181202_202652.jpeg20181202_202656.jpeg20181202_202709.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, someidiot, Mary B, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    Well, I cleaned and waxed two license plates today. Whew! Hey,before you judge,I did put on two coats of 476s.

SWETM, thanks for the demo on Arcticlean. Interesting stuff. I couldn`t find it here in the USA.
    Sorry to say it`s a domestic swedish brand. They have their products manufactured at theirs specs. And they get the products very great. There is magazines and other media that does comparison with the well knowned brands and mostly OFC products. And when Arcticlean is in one of those they useally takes the top spot. They have had PTFE protection that is very good LSP. And a little while ago they also released their ceramic coating and also a ceramic wax and toppers and so on. They who have used their products rave about them. So I thought to try out some of there products. And the Foam Clean was impresive.

I don`t know if they are able ship it to you in the US. There are a lot with regulation and stuff and even the labels which is in Sweden could be a problem. But if you want to test to contact them I can give you the contact information in a pm. The guy who owns it is on swedish detailing groups on Facebook. And he is a nice and helpfull guy on those groups. He don`t only tell to use his products but helps out which kind of product of any brand that can help you out. Then it`s up to you to decide if you want to order his products of that kind of product. It`s a well sorted line of products they have. And as I have noticed it`s concentrated products and a good price on them. Think I will order more of Arcticlean when my other stuff is empty.

To bad shipping charges is so high. There are so many products in the US that I can not get here that I would like to test out. And also a brand like Meguiars gets in the price range of Carpro and Gyeon is. Don`t know if Meguiars would be so popular in the US if the price where trippled and fourth as high. Maybe the shipping charges of a brand like Arcticlean would be so high for you so it would not be worth to order it. Nah no more rant know LOL.

Thanks for the comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Been out of it lately, battling a TMJ injury caused by my dentist, going on 4th month and 2nd relapse. Pain killers and muscle relaxers so I’m not touching my cars.

Worked on the Flex mini DA, repacked the grease, the yellow stuff that came in the machine would leak runny clear yuck muck.

Got a bit braver from the nice quieter Flex DA. Did my Swirlkiller mini next.
    Which you can see, hardly had any grease inside.

The new grease, much much better !

Then into their designated home What did you do detailing wise today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes tropicsteve, minerigger, SWETM, mc2hill, Diner and 1 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Sorry to say it`s a domestic swedish brand. They have their products manufactured at theirs specs. And they get the products very great. There is magazines and other media that does comparison with the well knowned brands and mostly OFC products. And when Arcticlean is in one of those they useally takes the top spot. They have had PTFE protection that is very good LSP. And a little while ago they also released their ceramic coating and also a ceramic wax and toppers and so on. They who have used their products rave about them. So I thought to try out some of there products. And the Foam Clean was impresive.

I don`t know if they are able ship it to you in the US. There are a lot with regulation and stuff and even the labels which is in Sweden could be a problem. But if you want to test to contact them I can give you the contact information in a pm. The guy who owns it is on swedish detailing groups on Facebook. And he is a nice and helpfull guy on those groups. He don`t only tell to use his products but helps out which kind of product of any brand that can help you out. Then it`s up to you to decide if you want to order his products of that kind of product. It`s a well sorted line of products they have. And as I have noticed it`s concentrated products and a good price on them. Think I will order more of Arcticlean when my other stuff is empty.

To bad shipping charges is so high. There are so many products in the US that I can not get here that I would like to test out. And also a brand like Meguiars gets in the price range of Carpro and Gyeon is. Don`t know if Meguiars would be so popular in the US if the price where trippled and fourth as high. Maybe the shipping charges of a brand like Arcticlean would be so high for you so it would not be worth to order it. Nah no more rant know LOL.

Thanks for the comment.
    I appreciate the offer, but you`re correct. The shipping would be a killer.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I polished and waxed this last week but we had some rain. Washed it and this time it was way easier to clean and the wax beaded perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick
    Likes SWETM, Marine Clerk, Diner, MattPersman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heres updated photos of the riding lawnmower I`ve been working on here and there

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, MattPersman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did some interior cleaning on the Ford Focus I maintain.

Tested the new Sonax Extreme Glass Cleaner on the inside of the windshield. Worked great and streak free results. When I sprayed it on the sprayer covered it better than the old version. And you wait for it to almost beading up and then wipe it off. There are some cool chemistry going on. Low smell from it too.

Then cleaned the dashboard and center console and steering wheel with Ultima Interior Schampo Gel. Like this alot cause of the nice smell and not beeing overwellming and still doing some serious cleaning.

Applyied Ultima Interior Guard Plus the old version of it. Man I will have interior protection for a very long time with the 12oz bottle LOL.

/Tony
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked up this hot mess from a client today. 2008 Lexus ES350. It`s in for the week and going to pretty much get every service I offer lol. Hopefully the turn around will be worth it! I think it will be.

Likes SWETM, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you got some workload there.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Can’t wait to see the afters. Those mirror housings are trashed. Good luck.
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Got to wash my rims and wells today after the rain, will try washing the car tomorrow. So I can post some pictures for Ron.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Started on the interior of the Lexus this morning. Did an initial cleaning of the leather seats to remove as much dirt as possible prior to applying leatherique rejuvenation oil. Even after an initial cleaning there is a ton of embedded dirt/ oils.

Post Thanks / Like

IThe initial cleaning of the seats and starting the first round of the leatherique rejuvenator treatment took a solid 4 hours. I used IR lights to bring some heat to the leather since I don`t have a heated garage and not much sun was available today.

Finished up the engine bay and cleaned up the engine and plastics. Protected all plastics and seals with carpro PERL 1:3.

I cleaned all the door jambs, trunk jambs etc today. I like to get that out of the way first if I can since they were really grimey then come back after and do any small touch ups with ONR.

Tomorrow early morning, I`ll start the exterior wash and decontamination prep, wheels off detail and get to the cutting stage. I know it`s going to require some serious decon from my test spot when I initially met with the client this thing has probably never been clayed in 10 years and it sits outside majority of the time.

My PDR guy is also coming in the morning to pull 4 to 5 dents from the doors and rear bumper.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s insane man

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick question, has anyone just put exo on paint with out the csl underneath

Likes PantherShark liked this post

Page 385 of 423 FirstFirst ... 285335371372373374375376377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399 ... LastLast

Thread Information