Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

I saw a documentary on how they made the battery for EV. And the environment hazard produced when manufactures those batteries was way more than a modern fuel car lets out till it`s time for new batteries in the EV. So already for the world it`s gets more emissions out (is it how you say it?) in the manufacturing of the batteries. And the infrastructure in the electric grid is not able to solve the raise that they want EV to be developed. Here in Sweden we don`t have coal power plants. A goverment owned electric power company here bought 3 coal power plants in Germany. And that was not so smart when the goverment do so much for haveing green electric power produced LOL. The most dirty produced electric power we have is power plants fueled with wood chips. A lot of wind power has been put up during the last 10 years. But those who knows what happens to the wild life in those areas they are build. Says it`s not good for it both on land and at sea. So it`s hard to produce green electric power which don`t have an impact on earth.
    There is a technology for diesel engines that is used in some cars but most in semi-trucks and work machines. It`s a separate tank with something called Ad-Blue. It`s almost like the old 2 stroke engines with oil added. It`s a normal diesel engine with this addetive mixed in. And you get a very low emission out from it. The detailers though can be happy cause ad-blue is not so great to get on your paint. Black smoke from diesel engines with this addetive you don`t see anymore even from a cold engine. It`s only little fumes of mostly water I think it was that comes out. And it`s a little technique to use it as you have to turn off the ad-blue mixing a little time before you turn the engine off. This is the most effective to the environment I know of when useing diesel as fuel.

Then we have people that are used to over powered vehicals. Do we need to have over say 150hp engines in our vehicals. And do we need to have the speed we drive in today. Don`t get me wrong cause I like fast cars. But do I need it just for fun and not get me from one place to another. No to be honest. So as long as all the people in the world is not ready to sacrifies for getting the world a cleaner place and even save it for generation to come. We can just do the best we can as an individual to do what we can.
    Likes Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

And then there is Solar in California !

They pester me all the time at the door.

So, I asked some of them - what happens to my Solar Panels when there is a Power Grid Failure ???
    Answer - "your Solar panels will NOT power your house at all"
    So I ask - "What good is the Solar during a bright clear day in the middle of a power failure from the electric provider, carrier, etc..??
    Answer - "your Solar will be of no use during that time"

Apparently, something I used in huge Data Centers for AirTouch Cellular>Airtouch/Vodafone>Verizon Wireless, - 25 years ago -- Liebert Battery Strings - huge ones - has never been thought of...
    They say - "Uhhh, we can`t use batteries and you cannot hook up a generator, uhhh, because it will back-feed to the grid... Yes if only Dummies are in charge...

I ran a 4k sq ft house in WA off a 66.5amp generator for sometimes up to almost 2 weeks during winters, isolated from the power grid, using SquareD breakers made for such an application.. For years.. Never had an issue... We were the only house around that was warm, everything worked, had no problems, etc...

I think that eventually, it may come to people who know how to power your house when the grid is down, and then, perhaps then, Solar might start to work like we all thought it was intended to..
    And yes, if these guys actually do their homework, they might be able to figure out how to hook up the most modern, super efficient battery strings to it, so you actually get to keep all the power you made up there during the day, and didn`t need , (so you "sold" it back to the electricity provider), and instead, you keep it in your batteries and use that all night, etc..
    Dan F
    Likes rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We won some trophies. The Jaguar got Best of Show! That’s out of 200 or so cars but what do you expect when everyone else is wiping their cars down with Pledge and dish towels :laughing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick

Post Thanks / Like

Since there are recent posts about diesels, electric, and gas vehicles does anyone have any hard data on which vehicle creates the most bad emissions? A new diesel, an electric (including using coal for electricity and battery manufacturing), or a 700 hp gas vehicle? I would really like to see an actual comparison from an impartial source.

Post Thanks / Like

Washed the snow blower after I pulled it out today to get it ready for winter. Used Wetcoat as the LSP.
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

detailed a friend`s 2003 Toyota sequoia. compounded the horizontal panels with megs ult compound and finished everything with megs ult. polishing wax on lc orange pad. sits outside 24/7 and was pretty beat up. he has a complete set of headlight and side marker light assemblies that he wants me to install tomorrow. we`ll see how that goes.
    Likes PantherShark, RaydiantDetail, SWETM, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

got all new headlight and side marker light assemblies installed. thank goodness for a you tube install video.

Post Thanks / Like

I helped my son put speakers in his 2001 Mazda B3000 pickup truck. Being Autopian I was horrified at the crap that was behind the door panels. Smokers need to quit. I used Megs APC at 10:1 to liquify the nicotine mess that had seeped behind the doors, ugh.

If anyone is into car stereo systems these days, we are installing a new Boss head unit (Apply CarPlay, etc) and Kicker 6x8 speakers. I have not installed a stereo myself since the 70’s. I’m happy I’m installing these in an older vehicle as I would refuse to even try on a newer vehicle. Mad props (as the kids say) to car stereo installers today with more complicated installations and less space to work in. I used to just throw in a Marantz head unit and some 6x9s and call it a day!
    Likes SWETM, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tried out my new BOSS G21! Love it! So smooth and easier to manage in correcting.
    IMG_1221.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Friend dropped off his 16 toyota tundra last night. Getting interior cleaned up...nothing crazy he said. Doing a wash and then wants its shined up and protected. Getting a 1 step and I`ll throw some wax in to help it last a bit longer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So the interior was a wreck. Dog hair, sand, food you name it was everywhere. I went crazy and got 95% of the hair removed and then wiped everything down. It`s not over the top but better.

Paint got clayed and getting ready to polish. Dealership got rhino lining or whatever they sprayed on the tailgate.

Nothing I have will pull it off. Nanoskin for 10 min, clay for 10 min, acetone then clay...nothing budged it. Going to see if it will polish off.

Post Thanks / Like

Swissvax waxed this Rolls and a Cream Bentley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick
    Likes GearHead_1, Tc99m, SWETM, trashmanssd, fries and 1 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Finished the yota. Spot buffed with d300 on LC orange to get the bad scratches at least as best I dared. Then hdspeed with boss 21 and orange boss pads along with swirl killer mini on lc orange. Left speed on as i went. Wiped off when complete and topped with UFF on everything except the windshield. 20181103_114547.jpeg20181103_114552.jpeg20181104_171116.jpeg20181104_171143.jpeg20181104_171222.jpeg

Likes SWETM, fries, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not car related but did use supplies to clean the cushions

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, fries, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Since the rain finally stopped I was able to get the truck washed... and get to try Bead Maker for the first time. Initial impression is very positive. Seems to complement the FK1000P nicely and paint is very slick. Not bad for a daily driver that is outside 24/7 with over 100K miles.. It`s far from perfect, but I can live with that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, tropicsteve liked this post

Page 382 of 423 FirstFirst ... 282332368369370371372373374375376377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396 ... LastLast

Thread Information