Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Fun is the best way to describe working with this product...

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done Budget, love the master sealant.
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes 512detail liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

On Saturday, I used a CarPro Fly by 30 Glass Cleaner/Sealant Kit and went over all the glass on my old 2007 Acura TL Type-S..
    Hardest part was all the taping of all the rubber seals around all the glass.. I used almost an entire roll of 3M 1/4" and 3/4" green painter`s tape...

Since I purchased this car a couple years ago to be my go-to-Texas-car, I have always hated the tiny spots on all the glass that were probably water spots that did not come off with washing..

The Cerium Oxide glass polish/cleaner worked really good with 2 passes on smaller L/C Cyan Hydro-Shred pads, and the Makita at no faster than 1000 rpm..
    All glass especially the side glass turned out very smooth, flat, and glossy.. No more tiny water spots..

Wiped all the Cerium Oxide cleaner off with CarPro Eraser, several wipe downs and microfiber to remove.. They supply this tiny bottle of Eraser with the kit.. I had other bigger bottles already..

Finished it with the Flyby30 Rain Repellant Treatment, and the handy rectangle applicator and the supplied orange suede applicator cloths. The nice applicator has slits in the sides so the cloth can be fit tightly and it stays that way..

Put on 2 coats all the way around, wiped off with microfiber.. Looks great !! When/if it ever rains again here in Northern California, we will see how well the sealant works..
    Dan F
    Likes trashmanssd, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Finally I got access to the wash bay that my stepfather work has. It fits a big 18-wheeler without a problem. And the PW was the powerfull I have used. When my stepfather was going to use för the first time he hold the lance over his head and started spraying. He did almost fell to the ground by the power from it LOL. I washed his work pickup Nissan Navara. Degreased with a tar remover and then used the alkaline degreaser that the wash bay has. Then 2bm wash with Tac System Mystic Bubble car soap which is like carpro reset and was just as good. Finished with apply Gyeon Wet Coat on it.

When I was there a trucker came in and washed his big truck. I showed him the Gyeon Wet Coat and how you apply it. The effect from when you spray it off from the panel. And the aggressive water behavior is showing he just looked at me and said that was some easy way to apply a protection. I told him that I have started to polish some. He asked me how much for polish his truck. The painted surfaces and the stainless steel and his wheels. Think I`m going to get him an offer and see what happens. It`s a black paint and big surface to polish and alot of the stainless steel. Told him it was easiest to one step it with either an AIO or a polish and then apply a sealant. Thinking it could still take between 15-20 hours to do the work.
    Likes Stokdgs, Older liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A black tractor. Wow,you’re a lot tougher than I am!

It’ll be spectacular when you’re done.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I washed 2 cars today with the BOSS foamer. I put too much product on the first one,then figured it out for the second.

I used their Surface Wash,rinsed,and then the Poly Gloss. I have to admit,it came out great.

Especially on the egg-crate grilles.

In using too much product, I got a few streaks that wiped right off.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This morning I had my first experience with Collinite 845. So easy to use. Two shakes on a foam applicator and I covered an entire door. Worked so well in the sun. Used the Rag Company minx microfiber towels. Removal of 845 is easy. The scent of 845 is not what I expected. I need a cap that dispenses the wax rather than removing the lid and chancing a spill.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Finally I got access to the wash bay that my stepfather work has. It fits a big 18-wheeler without a problem. And the PW was the powerfull I have used. When my stepfather was going to use för the first time he hold the lance over his head and started spraying. He did almost fell to the ground by the power from it LOL. I washed his work pickup Nissan Navara. Degreased with a tar remover and then used the alkaline degreaser that the wash bay has. Then 2bm wash with Tac System Mystic Bubble car soap which is like carpro reset and was just as good. Finished with apply Gyeon Wet Coat on it.

When I was there a trucker came in and washed his big truck. I showed him the Gyeon Wet Coat and how you apply it. The effect from when you spray it off from the panel. And the aggressive water behavior is showing he just looked at me and said that was some easy way to apply a protection. I told him that I have started to polish some. He asked me how much for polish his truck. The painted surfaces and the stainless steel and his wheels. Think I`m going to get him an offer and see what happens. It`s a black paint and big surface to polish and alot of the stainless steel. Told him it was easiest to one step it with either an AIO or a polish and then apply a sealant. Thinking it could still take between 15-20 hours to do the work.
    Pending how bad it is you may wanna do a med polish like menz po91e then put a sealant on it and plan on more than those hrs

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    Pending how bad it is you may wanna do a med polish like menz po91e then put a sealant on it and plan on more than those hrs

It`s not so bad accually. There is some fine scratch from trees I think. They did not catch the fingernail. I did discuss on do it by the hour and then ad the material costs and the rent for the wash bay I need to be doing it in. Cause I`m so inexperienced I have hard to estimate the total hours of the work. It`s also to get an experience so the hourly rate is a little low. And since I know the hours can go by fast. Will see if I can get a picture of a truck like that

Post Thanks / Like

Who wants to come help clean this crap up lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    Who wants to come help clean this crap up lol

I hope that you are charging at least double, the normal rate to clean that up, that is a Bio Hazard detail.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh NO !!!!!
    Looks like Cat Crap Fever......
    You need a respirator that will filter the stench out of your nose..
    Good luck..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Oh NO !!!!!
    Looks like Cat Crap Fever......
    You need a respirator that will filter the stench out of your nose..
    Good luck..
    Dan F
    More like dead mouse fever

Post Thanks / Like

Has any one done anything to remove odor out of perforated leather

Post Thanks / Like

Civicclutch,

That job looks like it`s going to cost more than the car is worth. :-)

Page 372 of 423 FirstFirst ... 272322358359360361362363364365366367368369370371372373374375376377378379380381382383384385386422 ... LastLast

Thread Information