Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Whatd you use?
    I used the last bit of some Pinnacle All Surface Coating that I got on a trade. So easy to use and the wheels are embarrassingly clean and bright. But my goal is easy-to-clean because I generally do the sit-on-butt "dry" wheel wash method (using basically a QD) in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like

washed and waxed my 2000 ford f150 a couple days ago with collinite #845. looked good until i made a run today to a local landfill for a friend. got another bath when i got home and a quick wipe down with pinnacle souveran spray wax.

Likes Ronkh, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Finished the prep for coating. Last step was Gyeon Primer. Supposed to be 75 degrees tomorrow so I am just gonna wait the 24 hours instead of panel wipe.

Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    Finished the prep for coating. Last step was Gyeon Primer. Supposed to be 75 degrees tomorrow so I am just gonna wait the 24 hours instead of panel wipe.

To think, it all started here........

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    Sale extended another 24 hours. Ron, I actually asked a question in their Q&A thread on the other forum about ONR and the WG coating. Saw your post over there and this one, edited my question and ordered the WG rinse less gallon. I`ve been on the verge of switching from Zaino to a coating for some time. This may be an emotional eventWhat did you do detailing wise today?

Bet no looking back either.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes SgtMajUSMC, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished the third coat of HPC. Now wait a couple hours and apply VS1 and it is done.

Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes trashmanssd, SWETM, BudgetPlan1, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And the real work begins lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great detail SgtMajUSMC!!

You forced me to up my game and get my "garage queens" shiny again. Thanks to SgtMajUSMC, I`m still "spreading" the Zaino products he send me two years ago. I last Z`d the C7 15 months ago. I use a detail spray FK or Griots sprayed on the wet car when drying so the Z lasts a long time and the car is only used for 4-5 months in the AZ winter....brrr! The C7 got hit with a Griots cordless on Tuesday. The van was at the rock quarry yesterday loading up on rock mulch for the garden so it was looking really crappy so today was the day to show it some "love".

waxing.JPG
    Likes SgtMajUSMC, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SgtMajUSMC thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Joys of landscape vehicles you needs a skyscraper to get to the top

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mckees si02 wash, master blaster and then PA sprayduster
    48 minutes total from walking outside to putting everything up and now posting

Not too bad

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes SWETM, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not anything from me, but saw this on YouTube covering Gas Monkey Garages hauler build. You know it’s been a good polishing session when you look like this at the end of the day:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post

Joys of landscape vehicles you needs a skyscraper to get to the top

Ah...it`s van time here as well. Found half bottle of ISM i had forgotten about since last month, figrd use it on a 2008, 165k mile work van. Also gave me a chance to use me new GG BOSS 21.

Normally the Flex 3401, M101 on gray LC Force pads takes care of things like this (old beat up van) in a relatively expedient manner, although I`ve also used Rupes 15 Mk2 as well. The G21 with 6.5" BOSS Microfiber pads and Megs D300 ate this thing up even quicker than the Flex and far less taxing; 4 passes and move to next section. I`m quite impressed with this machine and can`t wait to use it again.

i think the ergonomics of it vs the Rupes in my case makes it much easier to use than the Rupes, although the Rupes is still noticeably smoother for the most part and feels more solid/monolithic. The G21 kinda sorta feels more `assembled` if that makes any sense, but is still very smooth and comfortable to use; it`s slightly more compact compared to the Rupes and the angle of the handle and more rounded rubber grips keep me from teeter-tottering the machine/pad as much, eliminating some measure of stalling.

Even though it`s a relatively flat vehicle, ideal for a 21mm stroke, there are still a few curves over the wheels and some recessed body accent lines that require more attention with the Rupes as opposed to the Flex and the G21 took care of those with ease, hardly any stalling and quite willing to have the pad edge pushed into recesses to polish. It`ll be fun to drop the 5" plate on it and do a `real` vehicle to see if my current impressions hold. It`s a more comfortable machine to hold (for me) than the Rupes, with more rounded edges and rubber grips/inserts.

I did follow up on the hood with a yellow BOSS Pad and Scholl S40 and it worked very nicely and quickly; that extra 6mm of throw really covers a lot of ground efficiently.

As van had to be on road tomorrow morning, didn`t have time to go over entire vehicle 2nd time to refine so the single trip with the D300 had to suffice. Mainly wanted to do this to watch ISM on it`s own in a somewhat taxing and low maintenance role; have never done ISM without Miyabi under it.

Even after ordering the G21 I was on the fence regarding if it was dumb or not, being only an occasional hobbyist with the Rupes 15 and the Flex on the shelf already; after using it for a few hours, I have no regrets.

Now the Duetto I picked up last holiday season, that`s turning out to be a dumb purchase...have used it for about 15 minutes so far. With a Rupes Mini, LHR15, Flex and now G21 I just can`t think of a situation where I might find it useful. Oops.

Fortunately Spring is coming; having vans to try things on in the winter is nice and all but it gets old after a bit...but lotsa the guys driving these vans now want their cars to look/act like their vans as far as consistent cleanliness and looks go. Plus side is many different types of cars, colors to work with, minus side us that a few of them are large pickup trucks, big old Dodge Rams and F150 Crew Cabs. Luckily most of the big stuff is new vehicles.
    Likes SWETM, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Not anything from me, but saw this on YouTube covering Gas Monkey Garages hauler build. You know it’s been a good polishing session when you look like this at the end of the day:

imagine what his lungs look like at the end of the day. I would absolutely wear a mask of some sort.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Jeep hasn`t been washed much this winter, so it was time! Somehow the only pic that saved was the pre-soak, oh well.

The GTI has been run up and down the mountain all week, and it showed!

The neighbors were definitely intrigued when I was using my foam lance. Even one came over to pretty much be nosy and check out my set-up. No biggie though, he liked taking care of his stuff as well, and was looking over my set-up.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes nickclark08, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Washed both today with Meguiars wash plus, good stuff! The girlfriends white Acura already has Viking Coat on it so I topped it with High Gloss. The picture doesn`t do it justice. My truck got Poorboys EX Sealant topped with blackfire midnight sun spay wax

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thursday and Friday, 2009 SRT Challenger only 17k miles with 6.4 based 392stroker. Wash, clay, couple small scratches removed with Rupes mini an meg mf and GG fast correcting cream, PA esclate on Rupes yellow an topped with PA esclate. Helped finish up Scat Pack rear cradle with 3.90 differential swap, custom made DSS driveshaft into 2010 B5 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 with 2.9L Whipple.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes nickclark08, Nizmo, Diner liked this post

Page 358 of 423 FirstFirst ... 258308344345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359360361362363364365366367368369370371372408 ... LastLast

Thread Information