Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Tried my new detailer helper toolbelt
    Nice job on the Mopar...
    So is this belt worth the price? It`s been in my cart many times but never made it to checkout.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Nice job on the Mopar...
    So is this belt worth the price? It`s been in my cart many times but never made it to checkout.

Thanks buddy .

The Belt -At the current sale price of 39.99 absolutely. During the polishing job, i managed to keep everything i needed in my belt :Squeeze bottle of Polish,masking tape,pad cleaning brush,2 MF towels,cellphone, LED light. After i finished polishing i switched the belt`s "purpose/kit" and simply put my 32 oz. IPA mixture bottle with trigger facing forward(bottle was to my side like a holstered gun) and i went around the car just carrying my towel and instead of carrying the bottle with my hand, i simply moved my towel close to sprayer then squirt it a few times and done, no need to remove bottle from pocket at all (unless you want to spray panel directly).

The only thing i ever needed to place down was my polisher and that was it, which in your case with Rupes, you can get the original version and see if Kevin can sell you the polisher pocket separately (if not sold as such already). i personally would not want my 3401 around my belt in a pocket, maybe clipped on there somehow but i don`t see how it`ll be better unless i`m doing a really tall vehicle.

Pros:
    *VERY lightweight ,rarely noticed i had it on, and i am a VERY hot nature person and in today`s heat i did not feel the urge to remove the belt. Wore it even when i didn`t need it towards the end and when moving the car.
    *Can carry 32 oz. bottles in all 3 of its non compact pouches.
    *Customization so you can organize the pouches` location to your liking and even remove the ones you don`t need, which would probably be zero because they are all handy.
    *can slide pouches out of the way while wearing it(but see "con" regarding this).
    *Pouches are very soft and flexible to the touch .

Cons:
    *it`s just velcro holding it to your body, so the exposed velcro after you adjust it to your size can be a BIT of an annoyance if it rubs against your skin/waist obviously.
    *The area where both velcro sides meet to secure the belt,obviously make that section double the thickness,causing a bit of an inconvenience when trying to slide pouches around if you need to. My semi-solution, once you wear the belt,rotate that section to your backside and have the pouches on the side and front , it helps a bit.

At the current price i`d definitely buy this again , i got used to it very quickly, and now i don`t have to worry about constantly relocating my towels at hand,tape,light,polish bottle. Normally i use a little laundry cart, didn`t need that today at all for the first time. This thing is pretty handy.

Adding: I considered doing a thread for a review, but didn`t take any pictures of it in action since i needed to finish that car today...sorry to those thinking"where`s the review thread?" if you want i can take pics of it with stuff inside to give a better idea. Just PM me or reply here and i`ll take the pics.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I think the Chargers are some of the best looking cars around.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes 512detail, Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s been a very long time since I have been here on the Autopia forums....

Today, I will be at a car show put on by one of the Mustang clubs I belong to, so my detailing for the day will be going over my car before it gets judged at the show. Yesterday, I detailed the Mustang (aka The Mistress) as well as my wife`s Edge and my F-150. I am a clean car fanatic, so these were maintenance details!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Tried my new brushes and detailer helper toolbelt, both are great additions to the job.

Did my buddy`s Charger today, HD Polish + Flex3401 + LC Orange CCS and Flat Pads + FK1000P .car had lots of RIDS but this combo managed to get rid of all swirls and a decent amount of RIDS for just a Polish. Unfortunately this car suffered through one of our recent Hail Storms this year , so i did my best to take shots that "concealed" that damage as much as possible as to not distract from the work performed.

Very nice, Is that the `famous brush` they sell here on autopia? I almost bought one but i don`t know if it has plastic bristles or hair.
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick

Post Thanks / Like

^ I love that brush, I have two, and a third one coming in. One for paint, interior, and black matter (anything that is really dirty).

On another note, I got curious and mixed up a rather sticky and sudsy concoction of FK425:Meg`s Gold Class: Optimum Car Wash in a ~.5:~1:~1 ratio. Finally found a use for the remaining FK425. Sorry FK425 users, I haven`t been very pleased with it since I got it a year ago, it stains even on top of FK1000P. There are other products that work much better, Meg`s UQW even does a better job, in the sun and on warmer paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slick View Post
    Very nice, Is that the `famous brush` they sell here on autopia? I almost bought one but i don`t know if it has plastic bristles or hair.
    Its boars hair im quite certain
    I have 5 of them
    Fantastic brushes

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Detail Buddy I believe is the brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Detail wise today - clean my pads from yesterday`s job with a quick PW rinse , and "rainwashed" my car by driving it to store after a rainfall. The FK1000P is still doing its job at sheeting that water quick.

Hasn`t been washed in almost 2 weeks,daily driven and sits out 24/7 and most of the dirt/dust came off with a quick rain then drive:

DP Coating doing its thing on my other car:

Great value for this product.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Washed both cars yesterday. Tried out some HD Speed on my hood, smelled great, spread great, worked as long as I wanted it to and wiped off super easy. Wife`s car got some Hydro2 and also cleaned up the engine bay and hit with Sonus Trim & Motor Kote. Also helped my daughter wash her hello kitty car and she helped me wash and vacuum my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a boatload of detail stuff (again)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes tropicsteve, Civicclutch liked this post
    Thanks 512detail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This one`s for Ron. Making some progress on my uncles 2002 black C5

This is D300 on a boss microfiber pad using a Rupes 15 mark II on speed 3. This is leaving some very slight haze and tick marks behind which is expected from an aggressive approach.

Now I need to figure out how to finish this. This paint does not like a finishing polish on a soft pad (polishing or finishing). I`ve tried M205 and HD Polish. Both have not finished out right. I have a couple other things to try.

The paint is pretty bad. Lots of left over sanding marks from when it was repainted because of clear coat failure. I`ll finish the doors during the week once I get home from work.

I have the car for as long as I want since he`s not close to completing his garage remodel.

I did finish the interior the other day. I did coat his leather with CarPro Cquartz leather without any issues. Photo from inside the garage.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Angus, Marc08EX, mnehls86, Ronkh, tropicsteve and 1 others liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    This one`s for Ron. Making some progress on my uncles 2002 black C5

This is D300 on a boss microfiber pad using a Rupes 15 mark II on speed 3. This is leaving some very slight haze and tick marks behind which is expected from an aggressive approach.

Now I need to figure out how to finish this. This paint does not like a finishing polish on a soft pad (polishing or finishing). I`ve tried M205 and HD Polish. Both have not finished out right. I have a couple other things to try.

The paint is pretty bad. Lots of left over sanding marks from when it was repainted because of clear coat failure. I`ll finish the doors during the week once I get home from work.

I have the car for as long as I want since he`s not close to completing his garage remodel.

I did finish the interior the other day. I did coat his leather with CarPro Cquartz leather without any issues. Photo from inside the garage.

Thank you. When I had trouble finishing jb bmw, I used pb pro polish on white pad, then follow with pro polish on black pad. Then tried not to breathe while I removed the pro polish..............
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes The Guz, mnehls86 liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

detailed a neighbor`s buick regal. car pro essence topped with opt gloss coat.
    Likes Migue, mnehls86, Ronkh, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bet that tree shade is both a blessing and a curse huh? One side of my driveway is also partially covered by a tree and it can provide shade at certain times, but man then amount of junk falling on the car as I`m still finishing makes me want to cut it down.

Page 158 of 423 FirstFirst ... 58108144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172208258 ... LastLast

Thread Information