Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do detailing wise today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    What`s the

v

for?
    Its was a (edit:badly drawn) checkmark actually, lol, because i have a couple bottles and decided to mark that one a while back as it was the only one opened.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    From many many many years ago. Someone wanted "Jet ^ Black tires" And dressed the whole tire. Needless to say it didn`t end well.
    I kinda figured that`s what it meant.

Yeah sometimes safety and common sense overrides look.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Couple months ago I tried ONRWW didn`t go so well streaks on whole car that I didn`t notice till next day.
    Today I tried again with some changes in procedure.
    Last time I did half the car at a time
    Today 1 panel at a time then drying with 3 WWmicro
    plus I used a light spray of Nano Shock as a drying aid wiping & buffing with 2 CG`s Supra drying towels,
    I also used 2 buckets 1 with the washboard combo for rinse, 1 with 2oz. product to 2gal. water.
    HUGE DIFFERENCE !! Lurkin` & learnin`
    Thanks Guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Couple months ago I tried ONRWW didn`t go so well streaks on whole car that I didn`t notice till next day.
    plus I used a light spray of Nano Shock as a drying aid wiping & buffing with 2 CG`s Supra drying towels,
    I also used 2 buckets 1 with the washboard combo for rinse, 1 with 2oz. product to 2gal. water.
    Thanks Guys
    Through similar experiences, I have been doing only a few panels at a time when doing my rinseless wash. Are you doing your rinseless wash in the sun or under some sort of shade? If it is the former, that may be part of your problem. Nevertheless, I would recommend Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash. This is a real gem - no streaking.

Sent via my mobile device...

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Washed and put a coat of PB Natty`s Black on he Camaro. Cant wait to see it out in the sun, raining out today.
    Likes Mary B, mnehls86, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

used my uber qd (2oz work bottle) and an old micro to clean off my desk at work

its so slick!

Brandt K.
    Likes Mary B, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t ordered anything from them directly in years, but I still love thumbing through their catalog for some reason.

Sent via my mobile device...

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander
    Likes TuxedoTaurus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do detailing wise today?

Nothing really.

But I went to Advance Auto and realized they are starting to stock some good chit.

So, we know they have Mothers and Megs. But, they are expanding their Griot`s stuff. They had those PFM towels, a GG6, pads, & BOS wax - among others in the Griot`s line.

They really had a lot of Griot`s stuff.

I also noticed they started carrying Duragloss and some 303.

I picked up another bottle of Dub Wheel Cleaner for $2 off.

They also have something that looks like a Nano Skin wash mitt - I think it was Eagle 1 or something.

Still no rinseless washes though.

And plenty of Liquid Glass in tin cans.
    Likes mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Thanks Guys
    The way to do this is, first use deionized water. You can buy it for $1 a gallon.

Second, work indoors or in the shade. Don`t dry the car as you go along. If your using DI water, you simply need to let the car air dry and go over it with a QD or waterless wash when it`s dry.

It`s the fastest way. The DI water won`t leave streaks and any streaks left by the RW will just wipe off once the vehicle is dry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Removed all wheels and thoroughly detailed the wheel wells ...then coated all plastic w/ DLUX.

Scrubbed all tires both front & back with meg`s d108 & d143....then coated them with TW endure shine Coat.

Next, detailed engine bay....... all I had as a topper was some 303 aero.

Finally, foamed car with Reset and finished with a D114 rinseless!

Here are the results!

Attached Images Attached Images
    15` M6 GT w/ iELOOP
    Tint 5%
    De-badged
    Splash Guards
    Interior 5k LED`s
    Husky Floor Liners
    Spline Drive Lugs & Wheel Lock Kit

Post Thanks / Like

So as promised, I did a "WG Uber RW" on my "WG Uber Ceramic Coated" Jeep SRT8.

I had mixed results due to a film of tree sap that had adhered to the coating, almost exclusivly on the horisontal panels (hood and roof). The roof has CP Essence topped with CP Reload the hood had CP essence topped with two layers of WG Uber Ceramic Coating.

My Jeep had been exposed to 6 days of non-stop rain and the Maple trees above were in bloom (dropping helicopter seeds and little shells)

Photo:

Close up:

After rinsing the coated hood:

Despite the visible contamination (film of tree sap), I proceeded with the rinseless wash starting on the roof. I wiped gently flipping often but didn`t notice the beading or sheeting return to the roof. As I was drying the roof off section by section I noticed an odd water pattern (looked like ghosting of water marks). It actually was the clean area beading/sheeting VS the sap covered area`s not beading/sheeting water. I picked up another Rinseless soaked towel and redid the roof and it did get a little better but there was still sap on the roof. Once dry it was so thin that it`s not visible. The only way to tell was wiping with a damp cloth and seeing how the water behaved. I`ve never noticed this before so I figured it must be one of those CarPro Reload issues so I moved on to the glass then the hood.

The glass came clean perfectly in one wipe (too many products have been applied to the glass to say for sure what`s the current acting protectant). I could tell it was clean because as I wiped the RW would sheet right off the wiped sections but not the unwiped sections. The front windshield also had no beading/sheeting during the rinse but after one wipe it was back in full force.

I moved on to the hood expecting the same results as the glass but I got results similar to the roof. An odd water beading/sheeting pattern that doesn`t look like any LSP. This is because the RW was only partially cleaning the SAP from the hood. So I redid it 2 more times (3 times total) and it finally started to come clean again (bead and sheet like normal). On the third wipe down I literally scrubbed the hood with a lot of pressure to get the coating clean (very un-autopian). I did not mar or scratch the hood because it was already clean of abrasive debris and my towel was fresh.

The vertical panels were a breeze and came clean after one wipe as they usually would with RW, despite being significantly dirtier (less sap more dirt from driving).

All and all I`ll never RW the coating again if my paint is covered with a tree sap film. I`ll still do RW just not after it`s rained on the paint.

Would I recommend WG Uber RW for WG Uber Coating? Maybe. It really depends on where and how the car is kept. If it`s kept outside under tree that leaves an organic film, then no. If it`s kept out from underneath trees then yes I would recommend WG Uber RW for WG Uber Coated cars.

Note: the pictures of the SAP issue are on my SLR, as my cell phone photos couldn`t capture the issue. I plan to include them in a second review of WG Uber along with more details.

Summary: once the coating has a road grime film or organic tree sap film its harder to clean than conventional LSP (same goes for CarPro Reload and CarPro Dlux).

Post Thanks / Like

That`s definitely a two bucket wash for me.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered more detail stuff
    some I needed, some nope. But it was on sale !!!!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Marc08EX, mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I gave the dirty girl a two bucket wash .., man wash she full of dust & pollen glued down by rain.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes mnehls86, trashmanssd, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This was Saturday morning. I don`t care too much for my DD so I didn`t go all out. Engine bay was done maybe a few months ago but there is a TON of wind and dirt where I work and it finds its way everywhere.
    Engine bay cleaned- LA Totally awesome + various brushes + Sonus Motor Kote & Trim
    Tires- OPC + PB Trim Restorer
    Wash- PB SS&S
    Vacuumed
    Carpet- Tuff Stuff Upholstery Cleaner + PC w/3" BP & LC Thin Purple Wool
    Interior wipe down- 1z einszett cockpit premium
    Glass- PB Glass Cleaner
    Was protected a last week with Hydro2+PB Nattys Blue Paste

Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Page 143 of 423 FirstFirst ... 4393129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157193243 ... LastLast

Thread Information