Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What`s your profession?

Corporate Financial Analyst full time, part time day trader and have always loved cars.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me see, USAF retired ( 1974-1994 ) Serve many years overseas like Korea, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama and thru out the Gulf region. Been a Material Management NCO, Air Traffic Controller and a Combat Controller and yes I work at the now retired ProperAutoCare. I had detail many cars in Japan and Korea back in the 80`s. Now I`m a Asst. Branch Manager for a major paint company. Been a part time professional detailer for over 35 years and hope to be a Beach Bum in the near future.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I run 2 detail shops(soon to be 3) and along with detailing I do all kinds of stuff from fitting body kits, vehicle wraps, clear bra`s, window tinting, custom stereo installs, custom fiberglass panels. Out of of everything I do I really love polishing cars, I love the way perfect paint looks I could stare at it all day.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a great diversity of knowledge here. Awesome.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Started as a Electronic Engineer designing Radar Systems. Became a QA Engineer in Automotive manufacturing. Moved to the software sides of thing and now I have been at the same company for 17 years working as a Senior Software Architect. For those who have been around the internet since the beginning the company I work for is known for inventing internet search technology and we were the internet`s first search engine.

Post Thanks / Like

i am a journeyman pipefitter and plumber for my city govt. i picked up detailing about 6-7 years ago when i stumbled onto proper auto care web page looking for a polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

For 5 years after high school I built custom handcrafted furniture. Lots of dinning room table, RollTop desks, freestanding furniture and even kitchen cabinets. I also worked full time and put myself though college with this job and when I finished school owed $0...

I am currently a Project Manager for a Commercial Cabinet company specializing in custom desks and built in units. We do a large percentage of scroll, hospital, etc...

For the most part my detailing is only a hobby for me but I do some for customers and family. I am currently working on a business plan for hopefully turning this hobby into a true part-time job and maybe even more.

Post Thanks / Like

34 years with Verizon before being "downsized" to early retirement. I was a Fiber Optic Coordinator and the last 5 yrs I was the ISO auditor for the special services groups (in VZ) from Mass. to Virginia, also Thousand Oaks CA.

So I traveled alot. Now I work part time and get to stay home.
    Thanks
    Bill G

1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a banker. I`ve been in banking for 13 years and have worked in a lot of different areas.

My interest in detailing started when I bought my Trans Am in 02. It was always clean and I was always working on it. One day a guy told me "hey you should enter a car show" and it began. Since I didn`t know anything about detailing I hired a local detailer to detail my car and we became friends and he taught me a lot along with a few of his detailing friends. I learned a lot from them and started detailing on my own. In my car club I`m known as the one with the car that`s always perfect. Some like to pick on me for polishing the inside of my wheels and the exhaust but I think it adds that little extra and at car shows people notice. I love detailing, and hopefully it will replace my day job soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Mechanical Engineer. Spent many years as a development project manager for purpose optimized IT products. I am now a product test lead for the same type products. We have staff and work with companies in Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Japan.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

MAJOR DISTRIBUTION CENTER. logisits. stock the product so it can be picked and sent off to the stores. comming up on 5 years.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

USAF 12 years.... combat search and rescue aerial gunner.... if you think detailing is a good escape you should try shooting a minigun or a .50 cal!

Post Thanks / Like

Full time student working towards mechanical engineering with a goal to work in the automotive aftermarket. I run CH.Detailing part time during the school year, I also do freelance automotive photography and sell prints from a select gallery of my work, and I am a contributing writer for MotoIQ.com. I stay pretty busy.
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like

Full time student (4th year) at the University of Florida

I am pre-dental, but I like detailing as a hobby. I actually started detailing because I started to customize my Camaro.

It was only a matter of time until my interests turned from creating the car of my dreams to maintaining the car of my dreams.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve worked in a family owned business for 41 years, I`m retiring in 7 weeks, and moving to Fla. Cars have been my passion as far back as I can remember, tinkering with them, doing body work, and paint ( just on my own cars ), and keeping them looking their best. Now that I will have a lot of time on my hands, I would like to become more proficient at detailing, I have purchased some needed equipment, so I think I have a good start! I`m pretty sure I will only be doing it for family, and friends, but you never know, word of mouth is a powerful tool!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information