Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shipping

Post Thanks / Like

shipping

My last order with ACC was shipped via Fed Ex. I placed an order on Monday with AG and it is shipping via UPS. I`m not sure but aren`t orders from the two places shipped from the same place? Why the difference in carriers. The reason i am asking is Fed Ex provides better service and faster shipping. Ironically, the Fed Ex package was a free shipping offer and I paid for shipping this time and got UPS. Is there a way to request a carrier? I would never choose UPS and opt for slower processing and longer waits. I am assured that my box will come next week now.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: shipping

I agree it seems odd that ACC uses Fed-Ex and AG uses UPS.

I don`t think the free shipping has anything to do with the carrier of choice though. I believe it is simply a promotion to get us to buy.

I also agree that the shipping portion of the service seems to be better with Fed-Ex.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the location of the product and what service contract they have with the carrier.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I actually was wondering the same thing. I had a amazon gift card and ordered couple things from PBMC/AG, and another order from Autopia, I am thinking its a old contract that will need to run out before they switch to same carriers.

Post Thanks / Like

If ACC continues to use Fed Ex i will just figure out a way to order from them. In this case AG ran a buy one get one on a product i wanted. I guess i could ask for a price match but wasn`t sure if that applied to AG pricing.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, being a regular customer of both Autopia and Autogeek I would have to take a stand and defend UPS. Ex. I place an order with Autogeek on a Thursday evening and it proesses and ships Friday. The scheduled delivery date will be Tues but because the Jacksonville hub apparently operates during the weekend, I actually receive my package on Monday. I live in middle GA. Versus I placed two orders with Autopia; one last Thursday night. It processed and shipped out Friday evening. The scheduled delivery date is Tues (today). Well my package sat idle all weekend in Orlando. There wasn`t any updated info on tracking til this morning (Tuesday). I`ve also noticed my last 5+ orders shipped using Fed Ex arrived in damaged boxes or with part of the box folded back; appearing as if someone tried to open them. NEVER had this with UPS out of over 50 orders in past 4 years. So for me, I prefer UPS any day..

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I am further away so time that it takes ups to process comes into play. I received shipping confirmation yesterday and the tracking still says that a label has been created, waiting for scan. That never happens with Fed Ex. They have processed my packages much quicker. I have also never had a box damaged with Fed Ex. Differing opinions i guess. My question to either vendor would be, is it possible to request the carrier of choice?

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree choice of shipping carrier would be welcomed but I`m not sure where you live makes a difference in processing. I place all my orders at night or before noon to guarantee same day processing and shipping. With either store I get my tracking info from UPS or Fed Ex usually no later than 6 pm EST. Later that evening I`ll receive updated tracking with scheduled delivery date. From my experiences, if I order by noon, all my orders process and ship the same day. I `think` processing/shipping are based on when the order was placed and availability, not delivery address.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m saying that the package is in the hands of UPS facility waiting to be shipped longer than Fed Ex. From the time the package is given to the carrier, it takes less time for Fed Ex to get the box on the road. I never implied that had anything to do with geography, simply that if i were closer to Fl the travel time would be less and it wouldnt matter if it sat there a day like it does with ups.

Post Thanks / Like

In my last shipment from AG a couple weeks ago, the shipping label was generated around 7pm but UPS did pick it up later and got to Jacksonville that same night so it was delivered on the second day as usual.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Every order I`ve ever placed with Autogeek using UPS have left Stuart Fl headed to the Jacksonville hub the same night that the package was received. Only time it didn`t was during a holiday. Besides the orders themselves, the only obvious differences in our experiences is the address where our packages are being sent. Maybe the shipping addresses are the deciding factor in how orders are handled. I don`t work for UPS, just speculating... Likewise, it`s always the case with Fed Ex on Autopia orders shipping out on Friday evenings, mine sit til Monday. UPS seems to `keep it movin`.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have better luck with Fed Ex

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered from both sites also. The only difference is that FedEx delivers the package to me in the AM., while UPS delivers about 2-3 PM. in the afternoon. The same day. Only problem I see is that it takes both the UPS and FedEx people a whole day to travel 200 miles to their shipping hub. Shipping cost are the same, etc. I have received packages from Hawaii via USPS, in less time and cost.
    Mid-Michigan
    (Tri-Cities)

Post Thanks / Like

While we share the same warehouse & parent companies, Autopia and Autogeek are separate entities. Autopia has a dedicated team to pulling, stocking, and shipping your orders.

Autopia Car Care uses Fed-Ex shipping, although if you prefer we ship to you via UPS, we would be more that willing to meet that accommodation. Send a note in the comment section of your order (bottom @ the check out page) that you want UPS and won of Autopia`s customer service tech`s will make sure to change it for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    While we share the same warehouse & parent companies, Autopia and Autogeek are separate entities. Autopia has a dedicated team to pulling, stocking, and shipping your orders.

Autopia Car Care uses Fed-Ex shipping, although if you prefer we ship to you via UPS, we would be more meet that accommodation. Send a note in the comment section of your order (bottom @ the check out page) that you want UPS and won of Autopia`s customer service tech`s will make sure to change it for you.

Now thats customer service...

I really am indifferent as to who you use to ship products with, but if one will get me product one day sooner for the same price I will always choose that option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information