Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Music while you work?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBigA View Post
    the rocky 4 soundtrack always gets me "in the zone". that has to be up there as one of my fav cds to play. pandora is cool sometimes. local radio is annoying bc they play the same thing. i love to listen to old metallica when im really in need to rock out & get down to business. cant forget one of my fav songs to work to has got to be jimmy buffet margaritaville. when i hear this song i fantazie that im working on the car, on top of a boardwalk, sun is high in the sky but the palm trees are providing me with some shade, weather is about 75 degs & hot babes are walking by & rollerblading as im trying to concentrate on polishing paint. i can almost feel the breeze.

Margaritaville .... Jimmy Buffett ... Lyrics below - YouTube

Rocky 4 for the win!

Post Thanks / Like

Going to sound corny but I listen to Ennio Morricone film scores since they range from inspiring pieces to mellow pieces, always makes for a good detailing mix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Rocky 4 for the win!
    todd, im sure you have listened to this song right before a really tough, hacked up car? cmon man, now i know i am not alone! rocky 4 soundtrack FTW!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-QPyU-9MbI"]Rocky IV Soundtrack - No Easy Way Out (Movie Version) - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

I usually dont listen to music on mobile details unless the customer offers it to me (from their garage)and thats rare .

My most fun and memorable mobile detail was an old friend who hired me to detail his car and he set me up with all the old rolling stones hits and even rare songs they did I never heard before . I never drink on the job but he insisted we drink beers too!So I made the exception since he was a friend.

I think I was in detailing heaven that day !

If Im at home detailing I like music. I love Reggae while I work .It gives me energy and makes me feel happy!

I was feeling very mellow yesterday and listened to Buddhist chants while I worked but cant say it helped me work any faster . I kept taking breaks and just wanted to relax!

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason, I don`t like using headphones while detailing or doing anything intensive like that. I feel like without sound I can`t gauge my situation better, but maybe that`s because of inexperience. I`m going to try using my wireless iHome next time to get some tunes going for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I wear earbuds as much to block the sound of the polisher as to hear music. Hours of that hum bores me to tears. Be careful, though, in case customers sneak up behind you. Sometimes they don`t realize you can`t hear them, so it can look like you are ignoring them. I have learned to keep an eye on the reflection of the paint I am working on so people can`t startle me.

As for the music I like... Typically hard rock or classic rock. If I focus on the music I don`t focus as much on how painfully slow the process is going.

Post Thanks / Like

Music of course, and also books on tape. Noise-cancelling head phones work pretty well w/ the flat drone of the buffer.

Post Thanks / Like

I love classic rock to work with. Pink Floyd and Dire Straits probably some of my favorite. My favorite device to use are my [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LXR0BW/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1278548962&pf_rd_s=l po-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001EKQQ5S&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX 0DER&pf_rd_r=1DMEVSMX6GR1EYHZ7Z76"]Motorola S9-HD[/ame] connected to my iPod Touch. They are very light and easy on the ears and you have very good control of you iPod with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear rurocking

Quote Originally Posted by rurocking View Post
    I love classic rock to work with. Pink Floyd and Dire Straits probably some of my favorite. My favorite device to use are my Motorola S9-HD connected to my iPod Touch. They are very light and easy on the ears and you have very good control of you iPod with them.
    Thank you for referring to the iPod touch by its proper name. When people refer to it as "iTouch," an irrational clenching of my cheeks occurs and it takes me a while to get them unclenched.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Friends

Walmart.com had this Altec Lansing iPhone/iPod speaker on sale a little more than a week ago for US$50, so I bought it for detailing.

The battery is charged and ready, but now that I caught my son`s cold, I`m not.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Dear rurocking

Thank you for referring to the iPod touch by its proper name. When people refer to it as "iTouch," an irrational clenching of my cheeks occurs and it takes me a while to get them unclenched.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely, I put on pandora on my phone and link it up to my bluetooth speakers (solar as well)

Devotec - Solar Sound™ 2 Bluetooth speakers. Solar powered portable wireless bluetooth travel speakers

Post Thanks / Like

todd, im sure you have listened to this song right before a really tough, hacked up car? cmon man, now i know i am not alone! rocky 4 soundtrack FTW!

Rocky IV Soundtrack - No Easy Way Out (Movie Version) - YouTube
    I think I am more "Gonna Fly Now" original theme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I think I am more "Gonna Fly Now" original theme.
    yea, thats another good one. rocky soundtrack music is so dope!

Post Thanks / Like

yea, thats another good one. rocky soundtrack music is so dope!
    Yeah but once I listened to #4`s sound track, felt great, went out and picked on a Russian who looked like Dolph Lunderan and got beat with in an inch of my life. Lesson learned. It may make you feel tough, but it doesn`
    t mean you are. On a serious note, I have actually seen swirls run in fear when the opening cord of Eye of the Tiger blasts through the speakers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information