Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: store website

Nearly two weeks ago I went to an ADT car auction in Derby and came across a rather well conditioned 1996 Rolls Royce 6.75 litre Silver Spirit. It was virtually unmarked apart from a 2.4 inch graze on the rear bumper which runs almost in a vertical line. Anyway the car has covered a genuine 41,650 miles, has full service history, and has all the usual refinments inc full connoly leather & head lining, full electrics, lambs wool carpets, burr walnut, picnic tables, fridge etc... All at a snip of only £28,995!!! I plan after restoring the car to its original condition sell it for around £38-39,000.

When i was driving it back to Kensington all what was on my mind was how i was going to detail it, and visions of what it would look like.

Anyway after a long mind boggling week of detailing it looks about 92% perfect.(I still have the engine to do - ill start this on monday through to wednesday or maybe even to friday)

I switched from my regular Myers pigmented Dye wax to Autoglyms instant show shine wax - it gave a v.glossy finish - & was v.easy to apply & buff off- i am so pleased with it im going to write a letter to Autoglym praising the product.

Here it is then (the nearly finished article).Hope u fellow autopians like it.

(p.s i had to shrink the photos to a smaller size i.e to conform with the 512*512 rule of the forum - the orginals are far too big to upload - although they are crisp clear)

John Ross

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

nice looking car Did you use the Autoglym instant shine on its own or on top of the Super Resin?

Steven

Hi there Steven, no I just used the Instant show shine on its own - i stopped using the super resin as i was finding it to hard to buff out to a high gloss.

the real beauty with the Instant show shine - is that it leave no residue or smearing, and is really and i mean really effective in bringing a wet look which would normally hours to produce.

P.s A small application of the product goes such a long way - u only need a drop and it literally goes to work. I rate this 9 out of a possible 10 points. :up :up

John

Post Thanks / Like
    The results look good, but be careful as the Instant Show Shine does not offer any protection to the paint, but if your car lives in a garage this should not be too much of a problem.

The trick with Super Resin is to apply small amounts and let it dry for at least on hour. If to much is applied it can be a pain to remove. By the way, your car is worth more than my house

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is the steering weel on the left side?...

I thought that you should "Dress Right" in the UK

It shure looks nice!

The spirit is in with the rest of the fleet in the garage - i dont really put them on display outside not unless its really sunny, or i have a promotion going.

Steven, all in all i never stock more than 8 cars - as the number of buyers is quite few, mainly its transactions with rival dealers, car ports etc,, the entire fleet at insurance value is worth 7 figures (excluding building contents, and the building itself). I do this as more of a past time than an occupation although it ties in as i work as a senior director for Arriva/Perrys at St Albans. My life revolves around cars - but i will never settle for a car other than a bentley or a rolls royce. (P.s i have never bought one brand spanking new - ive had ones with 100 miles etc on the clock but it not worth the loss- A silver Seraph or Arnage right new costs £245,800 - on the road inc no plates & delivery - I got the Arnage for myself & the family this year at £132,095 - & thats the most ive ever had to pay for one). Its worth now a good £110K and i want to sell it so i can buy a 2002 bentley continental - Steph doesnt like the Arnage and says its like driving an ocean liner!! I disagree yeah its large, but how many cars weighing 5,000 lbs in weight can go 0-60 in 5.5 seconds - & are equiped with everything but a swimming pool??

Thats because it is an imported model from europe and has changed hands twice. You can buy and sell a left or right hand drive car any where in the uk, as well as drive one or anything else you can imagine with a car.

There are thousands of left hand drive cars for sale in the uk - many models include the S class, Audis etc..

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    John-which Bentley Continental do you want? The T or the SC? One of my customers has the Contintenal SC-the one with the removable glass roof. Just a stunning looking car. Paint job is flawless; obviously hand rubber between each coat and it looks like you could stick your arm into it and never touch the metal, the shine is so deep.

The guy that owns it uses it as his (every other day) daily driver (splits between that and his Lincoln Navigator). He put about 14,000 miles on it in the past year. Glad to see he actually drives it.

Anyway, it is an awesome car and I suppose if I had unlimited funds, I would consider it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Hi Scott, hope you are well. I quite fancy the sc model as it offers a little bit of both worlds. I can only spend up to £140,000 as a maximum so I may be able to get one made in 2001 or even idealy a 2002 model as it has been revised so much. I am really looking forward to it as I have never owned one to date - Ive always had saloons (sedans).

J.R

Post Thanks / Like
    wow... in person that car must be a work of art. I love the color.. heck if i wasn`t poor i`d have to fly out there and buy it. Great job!

Thanks Dr Jones for that compliment, please stay tuned for some more pics of the car.

(This is to all autopians - I am currently working on my personal website featuring all the cars I have, & have sold).

Cheers

John Ross

Post Thanks / Like

store website

cant seem to get on the store website-anyone else having this problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    clear cookie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    clear cookie
    ah ha-thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information