Post Thanks / Like
    Is it necessary to put a coat of polish on before wax for a new car`s first waxing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Only use abrasives if necessary. If there are no swirls, then no need for polish. You may want to clay the car first though to remove any embedded particles on the surface.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    In general, yes. Most new cars can use a mild polish to enhance the clearcoat`s gloss and remove minor swirls. Actually I think your car can use a good claying to remove any surface crud picked up during transportation and lot time. Then a mild polish followed by wax and you`ll be good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    First off, Welcome to the forum!

Now, since your car is new, I`m presuming it`s pretty much swirl free as well. So there`s no need to use any "abrasive" polish on your car. What I`d recommend is use a pure gloss enhancing polish with no abrasives then follow with wax. A good start would be Meguiar`s #7 Show Car Glaze followed by Gold Class or #26. Meguiar`s #7 Glaze and 3M Imperial Hand Glaze are pure polishes with no abrasive action and won`t hurt fresh paint whatsoever.

A good claying before any polishing or waxing would make a BIG difference in smoothness.

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

confused about promotion.

so the current promotion is free shipping over $79 and 10% discount. So does that mean that you can get both the free shipping over $79 AND the 10% discount? or you have to choose one? please help me out here since i am new to this forum and Proper auto care store... its the online store that has caught my attention with the prices and promotions that i just want to place my order here. any help as to my confusion will be appreciated.:hurray:

Post Thanks / Like
    They way I read this, is free shipping on orders over $79, and you use the 10% coupon code when checking out, and get 10% off the total amount, and as long as its over $79, the shipping is free.

Not sure where you live but no one pays more for shipping then I do, living some 3000 miles from PAC, in the Great Northwest.

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Drats. The wheel woolies are still not in stock.
    Al

Made in USA

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 93fox View Post
    so the current promotion is free shipping over $79 and 10% discount. So does that mean that you can get both the free shipping over $79 AND the 10% discount? or you have to choose one? please help me out here since i am new to this forum and Proper auto care store... its the online store that has caught my attention with the prices and promotions that i just want to place my order here. any help as to my confusion will be appreciated.:hurray:

Hello 93fox

It`s free shipping on orders over $79 bucks,you can use the 10% coupon code when checking out. Remember as long as your order is over $79 dollars your shipping is free in the lower 48 and it`s not multiple boxes the weight like a ton. Any questions please be free to call us for any help you need.......Angelo:wizard:

http://www.properautocare.com/restrictions.html
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 93fox View Post
    93fox, sorry for any confusion. You get 10% off any order, (Some exclusions apply, see details) AND if the order is $79 or more, it ships free, (again see exclusions).

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Drats. The Wheel Woolies are still not in stock.
    Bunky, these things have been hard to come by, we are getting an order in next Wednesday. If you want, call your order in and we will apply all discounts and shipping deals. We will ship your order when it arrives next week. Remember the discount does not apply to the kit of three.

jk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Hello 93fox

It`s free shipping on orders over $79 bucks,you can use the 10% coupon code when checking out. Remember as long as your order is over $79 dollars your shipping is free in the lower 48 and it`s not multiple boxes the weight like a ton. Any questions please be free to call us for any help you need.......Angelo:wizard:

http://www.properautocare.com/restrictions.html
    Oh that pretty much sums up my question!!! Thank you very much! Let me start adding things to the cart!
    Turtle Wax FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Drats. The wheel woolies are still not in stock.

Got mine and they work great!, finding new uses all the time.
    "Comfortable in my own skin"

Thread Information