Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the difference in reflectivity for each of these. The color in question is silver. Which is best for a silver car??

Post Thanks / Like
    if there was one greatest product then everyone would be buying it. Check the member pictures forum and figure out what look you like best. I personally would go with zaino on a lighter car because it enhances the minimal reflectivity that the cars have, they need the boost. Not to say K and BF don`t look good on it . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between these three products on a silver car. I also have a silver car. I have use all three products side-by-side. What it comes down to is your preference for product.

Zaino -- Multi-step product w/ no cleaning/polishing capability. Requires Z1 + Z2 or Z5, or Z2 or Z5 with ZFX.

Klasse -- Single or multi-step product. AIO is both a polish and a sealant. SG adds more depth and gloss.

Blackfire -- Multi-step product requiring polish followed by protectant.

Of these products, only Klasse offers a single step solution for basic protection and surface enhancement. However, all of the products have the ability to layer for additional depth.

Here`s how I rate the products (IMHO):

Best reflectivity goes to Zaino.

Best depth goes to Klasse.

Best radiance and warmth on black and red goes to Blackfire.

Durability is a tie between Zaino and Klasse.

PS... If I get any flames on this I`ll track you down and fill you full of Turtle Wax!

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother-in-law has a silver Plymouth Breeze that I treated with Klasse and Pinnacle Paste Glaz. That car looked so amazing after. The same model car that I treated with Blackfire alone pulled off looking just about the same. Blackfire looked a little wetter and didn`t quite have the glow but I`m sure a coat of carnuba would have solved that little problem. I would go with Klasse just because I believe it has had better reviews as far as durrablility and the shine is really unparallelled. You can get nearly the same results from Klasse with a carnuba topper as you can from Blackfire all alone. I am really impressed with Blackfire though. It is a very fine and superior product that will knock your socks off.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried both Klasse (4 coats SG + Paste Glaze & Souveran) and Zaino on my silver Honda. Like David said, it is really hard to decisively say which looks better on silver. However, I would give the nod to Zaino because it glows better than Klasse at night.

Post Thanks / Like
    On silver Zaino.:up Klasse just doesn`t have the glow that Zaino does on silver. I used Zaino on a silver S2000 yesterday and man did it look good, i love that car.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    If you ask me, your going to have an ear to ear grin no matter which product you use. The only thing I am HEARING (not seeing) is BlackFire could last a little longer....

I would like to see how many people have used all three product on their silver car. Even if so, how do you know you want your car to shine the same way as his. I would just buy whichever you want and not just use it but try different things, try a massive amount of layers, try to top it with wax, mix waxes, see what you can get from the one product.

I would get Klasse, mainly because I use it and I like it (hey at least I`m honest). There is no "wait" time between coats and it seems like it will last longer than BlackFire. Zaino is nice and all, people swear by it but you need to "wait" (Zaino is removed and it is recommended you wait a day before the next layer). This can be solved with ZFX but you need to consider the cost of that every time you want to use it. If you have a garage and some money, maybe you would want to go with Zaino.

See what I`m saying here...... doesn`t matter what you get, your going to win either way.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
    [referring to Klasse]<strong class=`bbc`>There is no "wait" time between coats[/b]</blockquote>How long do you wait in between coats? You just layer away one after another?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh shoot, I meant no wait time between coats of Zaino with ZFX.

I wait an hour between coats of Klasse Glaze.

Post Thanks / Like
    to do is, read lots of reviews, look at lots of pictures, learn the intimate details about each product, decide which best meets your needs based on what you`ve seen and read. There`s a LOT of information and details about all three of these products, just takes time to find the one that`s best for you.

I thought I read a while back that the consensus was that Zaino is better for silver colors since it brings out greater reflectivity. Personally, I`ve seen Zaino on just about every color and they ALL look amazing!

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I really prefer Zaino on light color cars, especially silver. I have had Klasse and Z both on my Silver Lincoln, and I prefer Z. But, on dark color cars I prefer the Klasse route.:up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s the thing ............. Zaino is said to look nice on ALL cars.

If Showroomlincoln says he has compared both products and like one more than the other and you still can`t make up your mind then go with the Zaino.

Explain where you`ll be detailing and the conditions. It seems like the only factor left in choosing Klasse or Zaino is the wait time. It can be solved like I said but right now it seems the product you need to use it quite expensive, only good for 3 coats and you need to use it quite a bit if you expect to layer.

Would you be willing to accept a "different, not lesser" shine to save money on the ZFX?

Post Thanks / Like

Clear Bra or PPF on Headlights after restoration?

I know a lot of people on here use a good sealant after restoring a headlight. My question is would it be beneficial to use a high quality Clear Bra film or PPF film to cover the headlight after it is sealed? My thinking behind this is if you cover the light with the film after it is sealed it will not only add a layer of protection from chips, but also help prevent the "cloudiness" from reappearing. Does my thinking make sense to you? I know a lot of detailers would rather stay away from PPF`s and clear bra films, but they do have their place. I know a lot of tinters and vinyl guys who swear by this technique but I was wondering about its long term advantages and disadvantages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not certain but I believe putting a clear film on the headlights is illegal. I could be wrong as I have not dealt with clear bra`s much, but Im sure someone else will chime in.

You could also just apply Opti-Coat to them. That should really help keep them clear for a long time if not indefinitely. That is what I do, I just dont have a long term test subject yet. I did it to my girlfriends headlights and they are still clear which was a few months ago. I also did it to her moms van headlights and they have held up well for roughly 6 months.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a clear THICK film product sold by Headlight Armor (custom cut by vehicle) - had it on for 100k miles and it is great! (No, it isn`t illegal.)

Not sure that I would use the thin "clear bra" material but it may be OK if it has UV protection - I would not use a sealant under it.

Regards,
    GEWB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information