Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew of a few brands of headlight specific films that are a bit thicker than the clear bra stuff. I just didn`t mention them to keep things kinda open to suggestions. I have heard Lamin-X is another decent headlight film to use.

As far as applying sealant then the film, I understand why you said not to do it that way. What about applying the film then using sealant a few times a year as a preventative maintenance thing?

Post Thanks / Like
    I maintain the film with Meguiars Natural Shine vinyl and rubber protectant.

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Gewb. May be doing this myself in the very near future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    I have a clear THICK film product sold by Headlight Armor (custom cut by vehicle) - had it on for 100k miles and it is great! (No, it isn`t illegal.)

Not sure that I would use the thin "clear bra" material but it may be OK if it has UV protection - I would not use a sealant under it.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Thanks GEWB, you learn something new every day.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Jon Leidgen

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    The product is called Headlight Safety Film and is custom cut to a specific model of car. It works wonders at saving headlights from stones etc... Use your TID discount code to save some $$$$

jk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The product is called Headlight Safety Film and is custom cut to a specific model of car. It works wonders at saving headlights from stones etc... Use your TID discount code to save some $$$$

jk
    Sweet! Thanks! I have applied a couple of the Lamin-X films on tail lights for others. Being 40 mil thick it will protect a lot better, hopefully installation is as easy as the description says.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

jk
    Fantastic! Looks like the stuff I used before finding Proper Auto Care! Thanks for posting this Jack.

Testimonial: After 100k miles of getting sand blasted and pounded with stones, my headlamp assemblies look GREAT. There is only ONE small mark, about 1" long, on the surface of the film (you have to really look for it). These products are worth every dollar and not difficult to install. It helps to have a hair blower or heat gun (on low) to install - take your time and it will turn out perfect.

I use Meguiars Natural Shine about four to six times a year to keep the vinyl soft and clear.

Regards,
    GEWB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information