Post Thanks / Like
    ok i my second time using the pc and i ruined the fender!!!! i clayed the car with mothers clay and detailer, and all was ok untill i stepped away from the car and saw a slight film in certain areas. so i used a fresh towel and some meguires Final inspection and it removed the film, well i proceded to apply the smr with the yellow pad on my black(blue pearl) accord. i started by spreading the smr over the fender and then buffing for about 45 seconds on 3.5 speed, i then raised the speed to 5 i think and buffed untill al was left was a oily looking haze on the fender, i removed the haze with a towel and it came off very easy but it left more swirls then were there to begin with, but this time the swirls were in a smaller pattern. well i panicked i got a fresh white (less aggressive) and buffed in the same maner but this time with #9 2.0 and it removed about half but the fender looks like isht to be honest. and i am disgusted, i dont now what i did wrong please some one help i am sure it is my technique b/c no one else has had a negative pc experiance that i have seen

Post Thanks / Like
    You should probably try the 3m SMR again but this time run the PC at a faster speed and press down harder to start out. Pressing down harder and running at a faster speed will help break down the abrasives in the SMR.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I wasn`t aware the PC + SMR could cause these problems. I just ordered a PC to try it with SMR and you`ve got me a bit worried

Maybe it is technique as you said. I wonder if someone has written a detailed article on using the PC w/SMR?

Post Thanks / Like
    The marks you are seeing could be some of the fillers and oils from the SMR that are being moved around by the PC. Put some alcohol on the fender and let it set for a couple minutes, then wipe off. This will remove any oils, fillers or film. Then re-evaluate the condition of the marks.:up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    i am away from my home right know so i will try to use the polisher at a higher speed and more pressure tommorow, and jason get the pc b/c i used it first on my hood and it came out perfect, so its just my technique. i need to find a freinds who doesnt know any better to let me practice on their car

Post Thanks / Like

Shout out to Dasher

When I got home from work today had a nice surprise at my front door . Big Thanks to Chris for sending me the wax and Abralon sanding disc . All I need now is someone to send me some Micro Fiber pads and some compound. Hint Hint Thanks again Chris :hurray:

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!

Chris is a great guy

Thread Information