Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a growing selection of detailing supplies at Target?

A few samples...

BIG jug of Gold Class car wash - $6.95

Endurance tire treatment - $7.99

Huge variety of tire/undercarriage brushes.

I am curious as to whether any one has tried their "del sol" drying towels. Comes in a tube and looks exactly like the Absorber. Same thing, maybe?:nixweiss
    "I have not failed. I`ve just found 10,000 ways that won`t work."

- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw same thing, also saw alot of Amoral and Turtile wax...saw bundles of STP and amoral packaged together....

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, a good bit of junk there too. But I did pick up a "damaged" (it was scratched) gallon jug of Armoral for $2.00 to use in the wheel wells. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s not quite to the Absorber level - but it`s pretty damn good. I haven`t used it on more than the windows thus far - but for what I`ve used it on, it dries fairly well, streakless, and is easily wrung out.

I got that as a gift, along with some polishing cloths (from Turtle Wax - YUK - left hideous yellow lint all over the place - not pretty on a white car, no less) and some Windex (which, I can always use to repel neighbors).

Post Thanks / Like
    Target where I live has got a better and bigger selection then Wally World. Go Figure

Post Thanks / Like
    target in itself is doing an awesome job in moving out of the lower end market they were very often associated in the past.

everything inside is growing nicely and their advertising is really starting to bring up their name.

i also saw a very nicely palced car care products section. lots of del sol stuff indeed. i like that one del sol bucket though, its big and heavy duty and has this thing that flips out in the inner rim so u can attach a hose or hang your wash mitt with.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I got their big 5 gallon bucket. They have a detailer`s caddy and a cool fold out crate, which i have and makes lugging products to friends houses easier.
    03 EX V6 Accord in Desert Mist metalic

Post Thanks / Like
    Target has some good stuff like the gallon of GC wash and some tire gels. I also got some good caddies and some decent detailing cloths.

I like Wal-Mart the best, but probably because it is closest to me. It has a great selection, but it doesn`t carry everything that Target has, such as the GC wash.

K-mart has different products, as well. They have a better selection of Eagle One stuff and some ok applicators.

Each of the mega-marts has different products, and all of them have at least SOME good stuff.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought some of their del sol detailing terry cloth towels. They are noticably thicker and softer than the terry cloth blems I buy from my Meguiars distributer. Very absorbant and great for removing wax. I bought 24 a couple of weeks ago, and if they hold up well, I will probably buy another 36 to 48 of them. Great price, too-$6.99 for 12.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    i always thought that the terry towels (DEL SOL) with the blue and colored design were not good? they don`t say they are 100% cotton and is not made in the USA but pakistan or turkey or something... i thought those towels scratch or swirl...

the jug of M gold wash was the only thing worth getting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Near where I live the Wal Mart has the most selectiion especially on car wash accessories but Target has plenty of Meguiars products and agree with Chuckmotor that Kmart has alot of Eagle One product.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Stopped by Target over the weekend, and they now have the Zymol leather cleaner and conditioner. Always been a Lexol guy myself. Anybody ever try the Zymol?

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SouthernBoy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Stopped by Target over the weekend, and they now have the Zymol leather cleaner and conditioner. Always been a Lexol guy myself. Anybody ever try the Zymol? [/b]</blockquote>
    Someone else here may know more, but I thought that the Zymol stuff sold at these discount stores is actually made by Turtle Wax, they just licensed the name?!?! Read the address on the bottle, it`s probably the same address as the Turtle Wax bottle sitting next to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Turtle-Wax re-labeling applies to the Zymol cleaner wax. The leather stuff was in two separate containers - cleaner & conditioner - that were sold separately (if that helps).

Hmmmm. May have to make a trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    If Target would sell the Absorber for the same price that Wally World does and also cary the CD2 engine detailing kit that KMart has then I wouldn`t ever have to shop anywhere else. Target is great. :xyxthumbs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information