Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likecars, did you notice that BF attracts dust more than with Klasse? I`ve noticed that it attracts a lot more on the back of my car on the bumper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Again, must concure.

Post Thanks / Like

Vacations are good-somestimes you learn something!

First thing I learned is my kids should not be watching Tosh.o!

Got some time to re charge my solar batteries in Florida and escape the 17 plus inches of snow in NY.

While I was away I rented a 2010 Mustang Vert. (V6 was all they had). When i got there they asked what color I wanted and I said I want the newest one. Got a metalic gold with black leather and black top just over 2K. Man was I impressed with the feel of this car. It was incredible solid and northing like the previous Ford Vert car I had rented 2 years ago. This car is solid, has a great feel for the road and is free from squeeks and rattles. I am not looking to get flamed here but since my Dad got screwed by Cadillac in 1980 with a Seville Diesel I have not purchased an American Automobile mostly becasue I felt that the Quality was inferior and that there were better choices at the price points I had considered in the past. Ford has improved their product to the point that iIwould look at their stuff again. makes me wonder what GM is up to these days with their products?

Had some fun with it and left very impressed with the product. After nine days and 2 tanks of gas it returned mileage in the mid 20`s and I did not baby the right petal at all.

Florida is full of great cars and at a restaurant I ate at the valet asked if I wanted the car washed while I ate. I dedclined becasue it was a rental and reasonable clean. There was alot of washing going on and I saw the owner of a Phaeton come out to check his car in process. he told me these guys are great and he has them wash it often. Did not get to close but it looked like a reasonable OK operartion. 2 buckets were in use is all I could see.

Just got home and decided to post. When I dump the camera I will post some picks of ther rental unit!

Happy New Year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    After nine days and 2 tanks of gas it returned mileage in the mid 20`s and I did not baby the right pedal at all.
    Happy New Year!
    Yes, we learn something indeed....Don`t purchase Leadfoot Jeffs rental cars :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home Jeff.

I too have been very intrigued by the new models offered by Ford. It seems like the American automakers have finally caught on, as to what people want in a car.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yes, we learn something indeed....Don`t purchase Leadfoot Jeffs rental cars :-B
    I drive them the same way I drive my own vehicles. I enjoy the acceleration, handling and in this case, the convertable. Never owned one (yet) but enjoyed it very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Welcome home Jeff.

I too have been very intrigued by the new models offered by Ford. It seems like the American automakers have finally caught on, as to what people want in a car.
    Thanks Barry, good to be home sonow and all.

Makes me seriously wonder what the 11 Shelby GT500 would be like? Aluminum engine, 540 HP car built with the same or better quality than what I drove would be a bargan if you figure $:HP?

I might be so impressed because I had such low expectations until i turned the key and heard the rumble of the throaty exhaust and the low end torque off the line and the lack of rattles (in a convertable). The steering was very tactile unlike the disconected feel I was expecting.

All in all well done. The biggest challenge is getting people to come back and try the prodcut again! Guess that is what they are doing with Mike Rowe?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh boy Tosh.o, hes so funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Th0001
    **** dose not mean Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiguru View Post
    oh boy Tosh.o, hes so funny
    Your to young to be watching Mo. I`m going to need you to send me your Mom`s digits so we can talk about this :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Your to young to be watching Mo. I`m going to need you to send me your Mom`s digits so we can talk about this :-B
    Stalker, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Th0001
    **** dose not mean Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like
    You say it was a 2010, that means it still had the crappy 4.0 L V6 (only 210 HP IIRC). The new Mustangs are very nice overall (seemed nicely built when I sat in one), but the new, hugely improved engines didn`t come until the 2011 model year.

Aside from that, yes, the newer American cars are not the crapboxes of yesteryear. Now that Ford has effectively revamped their lineup, they seriously need to do something about Lincoln.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a great one Flash!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information