Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After I visited autopia-forums I thought I`d try a new kind of polish, so I went and got a bottle of Meguiar`s Gold, a bottle of Liquid Glass and that fancy "Z" by turtle wax. I washed my car with Dawn to get the old wax off the paint and then started with Mequiar but notice this product can`t even remove few water-spots that was there by accident, then I test the same spot with LG... same, and that fancy "Z" didn`t work either! So I went back and got my old Tech-Shield... guess what?!!

Conclusions, even if no one has ever hear of this Tech-Shield that I`ve mentioned, but this stuff really works! Again, I`m not a salesman for Tech-Shield product, just want to give you guys another option when it comes to cleaning your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like you are judging...those products by there ability to remove water spots.

You should prep the car first and get rid of any water spots using a paint cleanser or vinegar. Those products you mentioned are for mainly for the finish coat shine and protection. I am sure you will see better results with those products when used after the car is properly prepped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gasoline could have taken out those water spots too, doesnt mean it`s a good product.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    his 3rd post guys

first of all welcome 99sex, you are welcome here stick around a while

waterspots need to be addressed in the paint prep stage, this is before you apply a sealant that will protect over the paint. if you have leftover water spots only a cleaner or polish will remove it.

Klasse All in One may have done so.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    DK makes an EXCELLENT point. You are using invalid standards in your criteria. You are using products that are not designed for that particular issue of yours. If you read the archives or articles, you will see that one of the most often discussed ways of removing water spots is vinegar. And it is MUCH cheaper than any specific "car care product" you can buy. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We`d be happy to point you in the right direction and recommend some products for you. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, are you sure you have the right forum? (j/k) I don`t ever remember seeing a thread recommending Turtle Wax here at Autopia.

After washing your car, you should remove any `accidental` water spots using a quick detailer (or vinegar is QD doesn`t work). Like the previous posts state, spend a lot of time and research into prepping your paint and then and decide the best way to protect your paint. You are more than welcome to post a specific question while researching what you want to do to your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK guys, I`ll wash my car a little better next time!! forgive me! I`m just a newbie here....

Question: Should I use Liquid Glass to seal the paint then use Meguiar`s Gold ontop of LG?? What`s the best way to get that deep shine!

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the friendliest forum around

The best advice I can think of on this forum is to read, and read some more. There is the excellent FAQ section, DavidBĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s book, ($14?) excellent value for money. DonĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t forget the search facility for keywords etc.

Steven

Alfa 164

Post Thanks / Like
    The book is now 19.95USDollar

:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    $19? Oh well, still good value. If you think of the skills that are shown in the book and this forum, if you had to pay for that level of skill it would costs $1000`s.

BTW, anybody know if the book has an ISBN number?

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

Also go to the carport site and read all the tips under details details details....great stuff there as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 99Sex [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>OK guys, I`ll wash my car a little better next time!! forgive me! I`m just a newbie here....
    Question: Should I use Liquid Glass to seal the paint then use Meguiar`s Gold ontop of LG?? What`s the best way to get that deep shine!

Thanks in advance. [/b]</blockquote>
    LG with a carnauba topper is definitely an option. But if you really want to get that deep shine, make sure you prep your paint properly. Check your car for swirls and surface contaminants. Remove contaminants with a claybar and remove swirls (or at least lighten them) with a swirl-remover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Liquid Glass is a fine product but most of us here don`t prefer it over other products such as Klasse, Zaino and Blackfire. I honestly feel that you can get a better shine with the other 3 sealants. Also, the Liquid Glass product is just a bit too abrasive for my tastes. I don`t want to use a product regularly that will begin to eat away at my clear. It`s also difficult for the Liquid Glass to be layered since its also cleaning at the same time.

For what kind of car are you thinking of using it on? What is the year, model and make and color? In what condition is it in. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Don2000* [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Liquid Glass is a fine product but most of us here don`t prefer it over other products such as Klasse, Zaino and Blackfire. I honestly feel that you can get a better shine with the other 3 sealants. Also, the Liquid Glass product is just a bit too abrasive for my tastes. I don`t want to use a product regularly that will begin to eat away at my clear. It`s also difficult for the Liquid Glass to be layered since its also cleaning at the same time.

For what kind of car are you thinking of using it on? What is the year, model and make and color? In what condition is it in. Laters [/b]</blockquote>
    I have a 1999 Porsche C2 Cab. paint is in excellent condition, what would you recom. me using? I`m thinking about ordering Zaino but don`t know where or what is Klasse... please help, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gaga, there are many resources you can check to learn more about Klasse.

www.YoSteve.com
    www.properautocare.com
    www.tacscar.com

All three sites sell Klasse.

Also, do a search in this forum for "Klasse". Be sure to click the "search titles only" option, because if you don`t, you`ll pretty much get the entire forum & its archives for your results (slight exaggeration).

You can`t go wrong with Klasse or Zaino.

I personally prefer Zaino because of its high gloss, optics (doesn`t tint your shine), & also because it`s less troublesome (for me at least).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information