Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    If your car is silver or perhaps white, I`d highly recommend Zaino. Works great on light colored cars. If its darker such as blue, red, or black or other, I really love the look of Klasse. It all boils down to a preference thing. I just don`t like the look of an overly mirror like shine on darker colors. I`d prefer to see the richness of a black, red, blue, etc. Others, however, like Zaino for any color. You will get many more ansers using the search feature.

Blackfire is a newer product that is sold by the sponsor of this forum, CMA. It seems to be an excellent product as well. It`s a sealant and seems to offer a look that is similar to a carnauba one. It also has the advantage that you can apply multiple coats in one day. You don`t need to let the sealant cure before you can apply a 2nd coat. This is a real advantage for many situations, especially if you don`t have the luxury of having a garage, which I`m sure doesn`t really apply in your situation.

Again, all 3 products are great! You are going to love either system. Hope this helps a bit. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by gaga [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>OK guys, I`ll wash my car a little better next time!! forgive me! I`m just a newbie here....
    Question: Should I use Liquid Glass to seal the paint then use Meguiar`s Gold ontop of LG?? What`s the best way to get that deep shine!

Thanks in advance. [/b]</blockquote>
    Hey gaga.... welcome to the board. As others have said, there is a plethora of information here, and although many of us use different products, there is a respect for those differences (for the most part )

About the Meguiar`s Gold Class over the Liquid Glass.... I know that meguiars GC has mild cleaners in it, and (someone with more experience may validate) it might take of the Liquid Glass. If you want a topper over your LIquid Glass (or any sealant) go with a pure carnuba without cleaners.

Just to throw something else in here... I am a very satisfied user of meguiar`s #20 Polysealant. It may not last quite as long as Klasse or Zaino, but it goes on smooth and I am incredibly happy with it. Check out the pictures of our new car.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    David`s e-book on detailing

I highly recommend this to all newbies to detailing. It is very well written and plenty informative. It will tell you not only tips and techniques but recommed specific products for specific uses.

For $20 you simply cannot go wrong. Put it on your laptop`s hard drive and read it on the road. I printed out a copy and keep it at my bedside.

Once you`ve read the book and ordered some of the products discussed, come back and we can help with specific problems.

There is tons of info here and on the Autopia website. Do all the research and learn as much as you can first. We can help straighten out any confusion.

Good luck and welcome to Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck I just got my copy of the e-book and must say it is a great read!!!! PLus nice pictures of his cars!!!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pics of Holly too.

Post Thanks / Like
    hubba hubba!!!! nice eye INTermezzo I almost forgot to mention that!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure if you guys remember this or not, but when David was asking for ideas of pics that he could put on his book cover, I told him to just have Holly sit on some nice cars. The book would be flying out the doors. The man must have listened to me just a bit. Hehe!

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite MF towels

What are your favorite MF towels for the following:

1. Wax/Polish removal
    2. Drying
    3. Buffing
    4. QD
    5. Glass
    6. Interior
    7. All Purpose

I need to replace my old ones sometime in the near future and was interested in what everyone likes.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Barry...
    I haven`t used a wide variety of MF`s, but I have used some of the Dragon Fiber towels as well as inexpensive bulk MF`s that you can get from places like Costco. There is definitely a difference...and the Dragon Fiber`s are much nicer IMO.

1. Wax/Polish removal
    I really like the Perfect Shine Microfiber buffing cloth...especially for removing BFWD. It`s ultra plush! I`m definitely getting more of these!

2. Drying
    I`m considering getting the Big Blue...but not using MF to dry currently.

3. Buffing
    I like the Multitask MF Detailing Cloths for buffing, removal of Polishes, AIO`s, Interior etc.

4. QD
    I would recommend the Perfect Shine Microfiber again for this...but haven`t used it yet for QD.

5. Glass
    I really like the Dragon Fiber Glass Cleaning Cloth...it is a denser towel and has nice Bite to aid in removing film and grime.

6. Interior
    Multitask MF Detailing Cloths

7. All Purpose
    Multitask MF Detailing Cloths

Hope that helps!
    Todd Harvey
    ~Life Is Hard, Wear a Helmet! :soldier:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    What are your favorite MF towels for the following:

1. Wax/Polish removal
    2. Drying
    3. Buffing
    4. QD
    5. Glass
    6. Interior
    7. All Purpose

I need to replace my old ones sometime in the near future and was interested in what everyone likes.
    My favorite is a "Shag Weave Towel" made by Eurow O`Reilly Corp. I use it wherever I can, except I would not use for anything really dirty. They are super plush and have a better feel than anything else I`ve tried.

I use them for 1, 3, 4 & 7 on your list. I don`t use MF`s for drying (I use a waffle weave) or for Glass where I prefer using something akin to an old cotton t-shirt (seems to be the only thing I can find that doesn`t leave something behind) and is streak free.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    This may become an interesting thread.

I`m shopping for towels that perform as claimed. No hype or blind following, just proven performance.

The main complaint seems to be about lint and streaks left behind by towels that are most often endorsed at vendor sites.

Paying attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    My favorite is a "Shag Weave Towel" made by Eurow O`Reilly Corp. I use it wherever I can, except I would not use for anything really dirty. They are super plush and have a better feel than anything else I`ve tried.
    x2 on those User Name!! My brother bought them for me as a gift and i used them(that day lol) i went and bought more! Ive yet to find anything better! They work GREAT for things like spray on wax and then buff or waterless wash`s to!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dgs View Post
    x2 on those User Name!! My brother bought them for me as a gift and i used them(that day lol) i went and bought more! Ive yet to find anything better! They work GREAT for things like spray on wax and then buff or waterless wash`s to!
    +3, I love these towels for QD, sparay and wipe operations, drying what the WW or blower left behind. I use these for Waterless washing. I have removed polish and wax with them as well but for those operations I prefer a shorter pile product. I feel the shag or plush towels require more passes over the same surface. Might be safer but take more time.

The Eurow and O`rielly last well. have had some for well over a year and i suggest washing before using to avoid any linting.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking I hate to say it but...

I gotta say the best mf towel I have came from poor boys the dmmt,and dmt towels. They are ultra plush and long lasting. Cobra mf towels dont even compare to the dmt from Pb`s. I wish I could say this about other products from the same source.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information