Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few minor scratch that I can only see if I look very closely under good lighting.

Will Klasse AIO and SG hide these scratches.

My car is only 3 weeks old, should I use AIO or skip the AIO and go direct to appy SG ?

Thanks for any replies.
    2002 C230 Sport coupe,

Orion Blue

if you have swirl marks, you probably should go with AIO first. This skipping AIO debate is pretty hot. I have never skipped AIO and went straight for the SG, but many say it compromises shine and durability. However I do agree with DK, whats the point of using AIO(slightly abrasive) when the paint is new. SG does have minor swirl filling abilities, but it would be good if you could describe/post a picture of the scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Al - DK sent me a copy of the Klasse instructions scanned from the back of the bottles. Right at the top of the AIO bottle it says: "Klasse `All-In-One` is a NON-ABRASIVE (emphasis theirs) cleaner-polish-protector invented by a German chemist for:..."

Let me see if I can attach the image (a first for me):

Although I have always thought that AIO was slightly abrasive, the bottle counters that.

All I do know, is that it works great and it definately mentions that it removes swirl marks.

Hmmmm.

Post Thanks / Like
    eom

Post Thanks / Like
    holy smokes! i just looked at that bottle. klasse usa is just down the street from me. does anyone know if you can buy their product from their headquarters? jeez, sure would save on shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    eom

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>No....it is just a sales office....[/b]</blockquote>
    eh, one can dream. thanks again dk. imagine me walking into some sales office with $40 in my hand, looking for some sealant glaze. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to a auto paint supply store the other day to buy some pads for my PC (3M Pads) and while waiting for the guy to finish another customer noticed that they carried KLASSE. They also had all of the 3M products and a lot of the Meguiars stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    cool. i`ll remember that. i actually ordered it from cma and it should be here on monday. but i just bought it along with a ton of other stuff, so it seemed more convenient. but i`ll remember to check ou the mercedes dealer next time. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few coats of Klasse SG may very well cover up some light scratches. It works for me. However, if you want to permanently get rid of them then give Finnesse It 2 or 3M SMR a try. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    DO as Don said...Remove them first before starting the Klasse system it will make you feel better in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found that Klasse works well for hiding some minor scratches on my black car.

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO does a terrific job with very minor swirls and marring, especially those resulting from using an abrasive polish. Also, KSG (as the name implies) does a decent job of filling in light swirls that the AIO couldn`t remove.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true Intermezzo. The reason why I prefer Klasse SG a bit more for swirls is that you can apply as many coats of Klasse SG as you wish with no worries. With AIO, you really shouldn`t use multiple coats except for maybe some severe cases of neglect. Laters

Post Thanks / Like

Clear protective flim

Protective film

Is venture shield the same as 3M Clear Bra?

Is one more durable than the other?

I was told the venture shield has a lifetime warranty. Does that mean that is it starts to turn yellowish on a white car they will replace it? I have seen some 911`s on the road. The film in front of the rear wheel wells is yellowish or has imbeded dirt.

Is that covered?

What about rock chips.

My leased vehicle is up in about 9 months and i have an option of turning in up to 5 months early. Thinking of doing it after the dog days of winter. I have black M35X right now and am thinking of white next time. My cars nose is all chipped up and the hood is peppered along the first 1/4. I do alot of high speed parkway driving in all kinds of weather. So I was thinkibng about film for teh next car. I know zero about it. I just see so many cars with clear film that look horrible. Some I can see the edge clear as day and others are great. is it the installer or the product?

Many thanks for the guideance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information