Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perspective

Which do you guys think looks better?

This is with meguiars #9 and #26

This is with 3M SMR and just klasse AIO

damn lighting conditions. Every time I use klasse it is cloudy out making my paint look less black, check the difference

Another klasse AIO and 3M SMR pic

Is that the lighting conditions, or is my paint fading ?

I think it is the lighting, but we havent gotten a nice sunny day in boston for a LONG time. So I dont know.

Post Thanks / Like
    The meguiar`s pic looks a little darker to me. The other one looks shinier but not as dark. I think the lighting makes it hard to tell.

does this look as dark as the meguiars pic?

This is with the klasse.

I think it has a lot to do with the light. The day I took the meguiars pic it was very bright with a blue sky. I think the gray color from the sky is showing up in my paint in the klasse pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with jngrbrdman. The Meguiar`s does appear darker, and the Klasse is shinier. However, that could just be the lighting, angle of the picture, and what is reflecting in the paint. I would have to see both under the same conditions to really tell. Personally, I like black cars being deep black, but I have to admit that recflectivity can be pretty cool! However, as I said before, it`s hard to truely differentiate with a picture because the outside conditions can be so different. Both look really good! Good job!:up
    -Chuckmotor

This is after 3 coats of SG. I posted this before...

Ill update my photos on a nice sunny day. If we get one

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...well it`s really a matter of opinion. A caranuba is always going to give a deeper look over a polymer sealant. I kind of like the way Klasse looks on black, it makes it look like thin sheet of glass is over the paint. Very Nice. :up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    The Klasse, if you look closely at the C pillar and couple of the other curved areas, you will see marring that is showing through the Mequiar`s.

Of course, he did remove some with some polish, but the Klasse is filling better and gains gloss as it cures more than the Mequiar`s.

That is because from our testing, the Klasse has a higher polymer content than the #26.

Should hold up longer as well.

If the vehicle would have been done right down the middle, then in the bright sunlight, the Klasse would have won, with the cloudy situation, it is still possible to observe marring.

Ketch

"Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Is this a product your company makes Ron? If so can I apply it over klasse? Thanks for your help!

edit: That marring on the C-pillar (the last pillar between the 2 pieces of glass) is probably because the car isnt painted there. It is just black (dyed?) plastic. All color ML`s have this black C-pillar strip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty familar with the vehicles, when they were first introduced, the Canadian MB group had our people up there appying our rust inhibitor and underbody , plus the OEM to all of them before they went to the dealers.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information