Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    ARG! I must be cursed!!! Here`s the story:

On sunday I spent over 4 hours detailing my 2002 Subaru WRX... afterwards it looked beautiful like usual. Later that day I had to drive to LaJolla, on the freeway some slowpoke going 60mph in the fastlane decided to clean his windshield while I was behind him. My car was splattered all over with nasty washer fluid! Arg. Quickdetailer fixed that when I got home.

Monday night I went to the bank and an inconsiderate leafblower weilding devil blew his contraption right at my car, sticking little pieces of grass & dirt to the paint! ARG!! This time I was afraid to quckdetail, because there were grass particles plastered to the paint... so in fear of scratches I decided to wait an wash next weekend.

Then comes the straw that broke the camel`s back... tonight I went to the mall, and when I came out I saw that one of the sprinklers had broken. You guessed it... out of FIVE HUNDRED parking spots at the mall, my car was sitting under a waterfall of reclaimed water... completely drenched! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

There you have it... all of this right before my birthday! Sorry for the vent, I feel better now!
    -Chip

2002 Subaru WRX (World Rally Blue Pearl), 1989 Alfa Romeo Milano (Black)

http://www.fastalfas.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s better than being bird bombed.

Post Thanks / Like
    At least all that reclaimed water probably washed off the grass and crap!!

Seriously, sorry to hear about that, what`s that thing about the rule of 3`s? Guess you should be safe now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Its better then getting Keyed!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Or egged. Or orange or lemon slice bombed.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are still alive to see another Bday now that is something to be happy about!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I guess on the bright side I now have an excuse to spend more time detailing... yeah right, like I need an excuse!
    -Chip

2002 Subaru WRX (World Rally Blue Pearl), 1989 Alfa Romeo Milano (Black)

http://www.fastalfas.com

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by waxman [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Or egged. Or orange or lemon slice bombed. [/b]</blockquote>
    kinda like my friends from school....... they particularly like putting sillystring and sillyfoam on peoples cars..... I came out of school today to find my forest-green metallic 98 blazer creamed to the point that every last possible spot was white with the crap.

went to the quarter car-wash to spray it off, and found my multicoat wax job had been eaten by the stuff......

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SLPCar Luvr [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

kinda like my friends from school....... they particularly like putting sillystring and sillyfoam on peoples cars..... I came out of school today to find my forest-green metallic 98 blazer creamed to the point that every last possible spot was white with the crap.

went to the quarter car-wash to spray it off, and found my multicoat wax job had been eaten by the stuff...... [/b]</blockquote>
    Sounds like a "friendly" ***-whuppin` is required. That little stunt shouldn`t go unanswered.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is bad luck.

Speaking of bird bombings....

at my school there is a certain spot under a lgiht pole where ALL the birds sit, if you park your car there, well just look out because youll have a hood full of white crap!!!

I did it once in my old car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Belated B-Day.

Yes, those sorts of experiences can be frustrating. I "discovered" an animal clinic, across the street from a client I frequently visit, whose owner runs the sprinklers three times a day, during the <em class=`bbc`>day[/i] time. The water has LOTS of minerals. I parked there, because it is close to the client. Took me three hours to get the water spots off. And, there was no reason to water during the day . . . he could have set the timer for the night time. I walked into the clinic. I complained to the receptionist, she relayed my comments to the owner, who would not come out to talk to me. So, I called and left him a rather clear message on his voice mail.

Post Thanks / Like

Coke for cleaner?

I know Coke removes rust and such but I have a neighbor who use to work at a truck stop and said a lot of the diesel drivers would clean their engines with coke. Would this hold true for use on car engines? if so, that could be one cheap alternative to some APC`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Big Kuhuna Contest ended at midnight :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The Big Kuhuna Contest ended at midnight :wink:
    That`s funny Flash!:biggrin:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information