Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, it`s time to start over on the black BMW 325i. Here are my conditions: it`s a 1992 car with lots of little scratches and pretty good oxidation. I`m going to stick to using some Meguiar`s waxes for now. I`ve actually been very very pleased with the results I`ve gotten from the #26 (and I have some unused Gold Class Liquid Wax, too). When I run out in the weeks to come, I will go with Zaino, I think... but for now---

-Dawn wash

-Gold Class wash

-Clay bar

(never used clay bar-- should I wash after using it?)

-Paint cleaner-- haven`t bought it yet, so I need some ideas. Preferably something I can get at a car store or car paint store, such as Meguiar`s or 3M. Is the paint cleaner neccessary?

-FI-II-- using PC

-Meguiar`s #7 (I have this already, it`s worked well for me, so I`d like to use it. But if it will not be good enough to follow the FI-II, then I will need some suggestions for a FI-II follow-up.)

-Meguiar`s #26 or Gold Class liquid (Haven`t decided yet. I have them both. What do you think?)

Do I need any washings between using these products?

I would really like to find some Forever Black for the trim. Just like the tire dressing failures, everything I put on the trim washes away, drips, and looks crummy. Forever Black is supposed to last for months and months because it`s permanent. Also, can I get P21S locally? I want the wheel cleaner.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    No to washing after the clay.

No to washing after any of the other applications as long as the car is not outside. I will wipe my car with a MF towel if it sits during the week in my garage prior to any add`l coats.

I like Pinn Paint Cleanser. I`m not sure after claying you still need to do it, I would base it on how the paint felt after the claying.

Have used and liked #26, but not GCL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, Chuck - I`d take advantage of that CMA discount and get myself some Klasse.

CMA`s in Florida, so you should get it in a day with ground shipping (CMA is great with shipping - they`ve usually sent it within a day).

Pick yourself up some AIO and SG. AIO`s the paint cleaner you were looking for, and SG will fit in right before the #26 (I`ve used #26 and SG - worked pretty darn good! Just got some P21S wax, and it worked even better! I`m not dumping the #26 I have though).

Use the AIO and SG on the rims as well, and the brake dust will fly right off! That alone is worth the price - because German brake dust (on my MB at least) would be impossible if not for the Klasse. I can literally wipe it off with a wet rag, if it hasn`t set in for a month.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d go with the Gold Class wash <em class=`bbc`>after[/i] the clay. I use the clay with diluted Z7, and I wash after to make sure I`ve removed any residue.

Oh, and go with the Zaino now, not later. You won`t regret it.
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    For your black car, I would really lean towards giving Klasse a try as well. It will look absolutely killer on black.

Post Thanks / Like

Removing Wheels

How many of you remove the wheels when doing a detail to really get the inside of the wheels clean?

I usually don`t, but I am curious how many of you do.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    DD no way, show car yes.
    Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    I never have. My barrels are 95% and its a DD so i am kool with that. The wheel woolies have made cleaning the barrels much easier. I would like to take them off 1x per year but that would involve a lift or jack neither of which I feel like dealing with! 95% is good enough for my barrels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    The only time I have done is when I have removed the tires to rotate them (when I do it myself). I also clean the inside of the wheel too.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    How many of you remove the wheels when doing a detail to really get the inside of the wheels clean?

I usually don`t, but I am curious how many of you do.
    I think you`re actually curious about how many Kahuna points you just got :biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    IT will be interesting to see who is the big Kahuna (besides Jack of course) :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I dont.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I think you`re actually curious about how many Kahuna points you just got :biggrin:
    Now I resent that Corey. I would never do such a thing
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont unless they pay me to.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do take them off if I`m paid to do it.

Take them off, clean+seal, put them back at the exact lug nut location and re tighten them with a torque wrench.
    Still learning....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information