Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gloves

Post Thanks / Like
    I only wear the Nitrile gloves when I am doing wheels with some heave break dust baked it. I know that I should wear them more often though.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I wear latex non powdered gloves when im using solvents or applying tire dressing .

Its a good habbit to wear gloves to save your hands! I should use them more often too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been thinking of getting the Nitrile gloves (black ones right?) but for now I use latex for when I clay cars.

Given the amount of chemicals that are used in just one detail I should wear them more.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t use them as often as I should. Like DC I do use them with tire dressing as well as some other times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nitrile glove are more chemical resistant and more tear resistant than latex. There are Hi-Risk latex (50/box) as oposed to 100/box General purpose latex gloves. hY RISK ARE VERY THICK.

When dealing with wheel cleaners, degreasers, and any acid it is important to wear gloves. Notrile gloves don` fit as tight as latex initially but the warmth of your hand will get them tighter in short order.

Latex is good for times when you are not using dangerous chemicals and/OR if you want to make clean up easier or times when you will be comming into contact for short periods of time.

If you detail for a living you should wear gloves. Exposure to chemicals is serious business. I am in the Janitorial business and have seen workers who clean hospitals get sick from not wearing gloves. Using chemicals every day 5-7 days a week lets more into you body than you can get out through natural processes. Also, spraying in a stream from a trigger is better than misting when you can because the aerosolized chemicals are easier to breath into your lungs. Some can linger for hours, especially the fine Kwzar mist.

Chemicals for the Jan/San business are getting safer than for the detailing business. Almost everything I sell these days has a 3 party safety certification on it. I think the next major shift from the big detailing manufacturers will be with green products that perform like todays best chemicals.

Wow did I get off topic. SORRY

Gloves are good protection for you.

PS-Pro`s*** Wear them when cleaning interiors. You end up touching strangers tissues, and who knows what else!

Post Thanks / Like
    I should wear some at times but just forget.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Nitrile gloves - buy them in a box of 100. I also do woodworking so the chemicals I use can dessolve latex (don`t ask how I know). I use them frequently, it has become a habit.

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    I would wear them (nitrile) all the time but I don`t like how hot my hands get in them.
    Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    I do wear gloves when doing wheels, engine and also interior work.
    Still learning....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information