Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Im kinda new on this so lets see how this works.

We use 3M polish here it is called 5995 and 5996 white and black stuff. The supplier here tells me that they have stopped doing these and replaced it with something else that is not so good. Is there someone that knows anything of this?

Have you worked with any simular kind of polish like the 3M?
    MB 560 AMG-90 BLACK...stupid I know

MarkusInSweden

Post Thanks / Like
    The link will tell you all about 3M and the products.

http://www.mmm.com/market/automotive/

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone ever hear of Langka?

My car has lots of little chips in the paint on the very front of the hood and front quarter panels and they`ve started to rust. I bought a rust removal pen, some touch-up paint and a product called Langka that`s supposed to give the touched-up spot a nice, even, glossy finish so that it doesn`t stick out like a sore thumb... no blobs, waves, dullness, etc. But the truth is, I`m a little intimidated by the process. I`m hoping someone can give me some tips on the whole process from rust removal to using touch-up paint to using Langka so I don`t end up making a bad thing worse.

Thanks!
    MM

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Langka for years and have recently tried Dr Chip. The doctor is better IMO. The Langka is so aggressive, that even if the paint dries for days, it can still remove it. To say it`s an art form to work with it is an understatement. It takes a very deft touch to make it work well. Dr Chip is much easier. Your best bet if you can is to repeatedly touch the area up with small amounts of paint (not one big blob) and then wet sand it flat. Do this over several days. That will give you your best finish. Failing that, the doc is your 2nd best bet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Works great if you only have a 1/2 dozen or less chips. More then that it looks crappy to me :2 cents: Maybe you could bounce the front end off a grocery basket or something. This way you could better justify spending coin on repaint to wife /

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    I`ve used Langka for years and have recently tried Dr Chip. The doctor is better IMO. The Langka is so aggressive, that even if the paint dries for days, it can still remove it. To say it`s an art form to work with it is an understatement. It takes a very deft touch to make it work well. Dr Chip is much easier. Your best bet if you can is to repeatedly touch the area up with small amounts of paint (not one big blob) and then wet sand it flat. Do this over several days. That will give you your best finish. Failing that, the doc is your 2nd best bet.
    Have you tried automotivetouchup? I haven`t tried Dr Chip yet but I was wondering how automotivetouchup compares.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by noladat View Post
    Have you tried automotivetouchup? I haven`t tried Dr Chip yet but I was wondering how automotivetouchup compares.
    I think that`s just the paint whereas the Dr has the chemical to level it like Langka has. I get my touch up paint at a local paint supply store.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard of it, don`t know much about it though

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Awesome. Guess I`ll put the Langka on the back of the bench. Thanks guys! ...especially wendell lol

Thread Information