Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! It`s the parents` driveway though, so can`t take any credit for it!

As to whether I clayed the car before the original application, the answer to that is yes. Which is why I asked really - since I seem to end up claying the car each time I put Zymol on (about every 3 months or so). Maybe I`m not doing something right. However, the roads near where I live can get quite dirty, and it rains here enough. That and doing about 2000 miles a month probably could account for part of it...

Plus I only really get a chance to clean the car twice a week max, so at this time of the year the car can be pretty caked in crap before its cleaned.

-andy-

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there a lot of industrial plants where you drive with smokestacks sending plumes of crap in the air that land on your car? These are another possible source of contaminates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, not really... not where I live anyway.

But I work either in London, which is polluted enough (!), or in Hemel Hempstead, which is about a 45 mile motorway drive...

I`m not really sure where it comes from. Just feels like dirt and grit etc (plus a few tar marks) which just won`t come off with plain washing. HD Cleanse cleans it off, but it never feels as good unless its clay`d as well...

-andy-

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sixspeed allow me to join the chorus of welcomes! Nice car dude, I dig that color too.

Regarding your earlier question about the rough paint that is the normal sign that the barier of protection provided by your wax has broken down. I`m confident that you will find that Zaino will increase the endurance of your paint protection. I haven`t used Zaino specifically however I have had positive longer lasting results using Maguiar`s #20 polymer sealant and Klasse AIO and SG which are also polymer based products like Zaino.

Hope that you enjoy your stay here and come back to visit often!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again,

I`ve just thought that maybe I should be applying coats of wax more often? How long, in the real world, on a daily driver, do the Zymol guys out there re-apply a coat of wax?

Finding this board and reading and looking at all the pictures inspired me to go out and wax the bonnet (hood! ) of my car earlier. I wasn`t going to bother detailing the car much anymore because of the weather and the fact that it is going in a few months, but I`d forgotten how good a shine it brings up again. Didn`t have time to do the rest of the car as it got dark and the raindrops started to fall... (meant I couldn`t get a pic either).

Might have another go at the weekend if it stays dry long enough.

-andy-

Post Thanks / Like

Engine clean with Optimum Opti Clean

I use to use ONR-QD for cleaning Sky`s engine. Opti Clean has taken it`s place and it works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think any good APC will do the job. I don`t even use water when I do an engine detail. I just sprat on my APC, let it dwell, scrub lightly with some brushes and wipe off. Then dress it and you are done.

BTW, the engine looks great Corey.:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I think any good APC will do the job. I don`t even use water when I do an engine detail. I just sprat on my APC, let it dwell, scrub lightly with some brushes and wipe off. Then dress it and you are done.

BTW, the engine looks great Corey.:
    Thank you! I would agree with you for most engines. Sky being the exception. She prefers a gentle cleaner

Post Thanks / Like
    That engine looks clean enough you could get away with using some water and a towel.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep it very clean. I need nothing more then OOC

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work and a fantastic product

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information